• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed -Equita Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed -Equita Bailiffs

All councils are the same its to easy to be swayed with gifts or money when people are in a position of power

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      All councils are the same its to easy to be swayed with gifts or money when people are in a position of power
      Most are, I agree. However, some councillors (not many, but some) are genuine. It's one rung of politics the honest man or woman can aspire to, as long as they don't fool themselves they can make a significant difference.

There speaks a cynic.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Smillie View Post
        Hi

as advised I requested the breakdown of charges which I have received in the post this morning.

debt £112
        initial letter £11.20 + vat
        visit fees £80 + vat
        attendance fee £167 + vat
        Card payment fee £1.25

total £423.34

i am a little confused as surely a visit and attendance fee are the same thing? On the phone he told me the £167 + vat was the enforcement fee! What should I do now? I am not querying the fact I owed for the ticket it was my own stupidity that got me here, I just feel totally frustrated about the amount of money he has taken. Luckily I have a good job, but I could have been a little old lady who lives on a pension.

I would appreciate any help on what I should do next.

thanks
        You asked for a full breakdown of their fees......did the reply include the dates and times of the 'visits'

Pepsie

Comment

Thanks, I think I will wait to see if I get a response from Equita.........is that pigs I see flying!! I rang the council and they were not in the slightest bit interested.
          I'd have been astounded if they were, as the mutton-head(s) to whom you spoke work for Crapita.

Comment

Please dont start a debate about councillors ill wear my finger out typing my opinion of them if ever there were a group of people being paid by the public purse and not giving a stuff about anyone but themselfs its them.
            Originally posted by labman View Post
            Maybe you live in the same part of Wales as I do lol!
            And one bunch of kleptocratic snollygosters is much like every other.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              kleptocratic snollygosters
              Kleptocratic was straightforward. I've had to look up the magnificent word 'snollygoster' to find out what one was. Thank you for teaching me a lovely new word - I adore language!

Do you happen to know from where it is derived?

Comment

Kleptocratic was straightforward. I've had to look up the magnificent word 'snollygoster' to find out what one was. Thank you for teaching me a lovely new word - I adore language!

Do you happen to know from where it is derived?
                I looked it up too! thought Clever dick whoops Clogs had made it up! It's from middle German apparently (snallyghasters) and American slang for , in particular , carpet baggers x

Comment

Thank you for teaching me a lovely new word - I adore language!
                  Yes I am told I know my language fluently and that I know bad language effluently or was that "F" fluently!

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    Yes I am told I know my language fluently and that I know bad language effluently or was that "F" fluently!
                    It gets better! pmsl

Sincere apologies to the OP - we are still here for you as well.

Comment

Hi all,

I opened an official complaint on their website 1 week ago today clearly stating all the information about the case. I have today received an email from them asking me to reply by return with the bailiff reference number as they are unable to locate my account! Is this just a time wasting exercise? Surely from their records they should be able to find it under the reference number or at least name and address? Does this mean they now have another 7 days to get back to me?

So frustrating!

Comment

I opened an official complaint on their website 1 week ago today clearly stating all the information about the case. I have today received an email from them asking me to reply by return with the bailiff reference number as they are unable to locate my account! Is this just a time wasting exercise? Surely from their records they should be able to find it under the reference number or at least name and address? Does this mean they now have another 7 days to get back to me?
                        As ploddertom stated in posting #7, Plymouth has contracted out the administration of Council Tax to Crapita who are notoriously inefficient. They've probably put the enforcement details on another database which is completely incompatible with their Council Tax database. Why? Because they do daft things like that.

I'd be inclined to tell them my hat size and inside leg measurement too.

Comment

I opened the complaint with equita itself, the council aren't in the slightest bit interested! However I will use one of the letters someone put on here to send to them. I have read somewhere that once you open an official complaint with equita (which asks for bailiff reference/ address/ national insurance number/ date of birth etc etc!! ) they then come back asking for you to let them have the bailiff reference which you've already given because they can't find the account! This was only 2 weeks ago, surely the account can't be that hard to find already!

I have requested a £255 refund, I may start adding interest at a ridiculous rate.....well if they can do it!!

Comment

Just thought I would put on an update......raised an official complaint on equita website.......got letter at weekend saying their charges are justified but because I complied and paid they are going to refund me £211. So half the original bill! Still an expensive parking fine but lesson learnt! Good luck everyone.

Comment

Just thought I would put on an update......raised an official complaint on equita website.......got letter at weekend saying their charges are justified but because I complied and paid they are going to refund me £211. So half the original bill! Still an expensive parking fine but lesson learnt! Good luck everyone.
                              That's good, especially as it is more than their improperly applied attendance or ATR fee of £167+VAT.

(A company car belongs to a company rather than the debtor, so cannot be validly levied upon; without a valid levy, the fee must also fail.)

Comment

Personally I would continue to fight this, but if you prefer to pay and let it drop so you are spared the worry, I quite understand that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X