• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR to Dissolved Ltd Company, Official Receiver or ex-Managing Director?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR to Dissolved Ltd Company, Official Receiver or ex-Managing Director?

Hi everyone.
    I am looking for some advise on how to get my documents/agreements from a dissolved company, Final Dissolution in 2009. I do not know the name of an Official receiver but the address is 21 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3SS appointed in 2003 and ceased acting in 2005. I know at least one name and address of one of the former Directors who is still a Director of another active firm but the firm is not connected to the dissolved one. Would a SAR be appropriate? To who shall I send it to? Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: SAR to Dissolved Ltd Company, Official Receiver or ex-Managing Director?

That is an exceedingly good question. I've had a hunt for you, but all I can find is details of keeping tax records, bank statements, employers insurance etc... Nothing at all about the sort of documents you are trying to get hold of.

I wonder if Companies House would be able to help you?

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/contact/index.shtml

Other than that, I honestly don't know, sorry.

Comment

I think a DSAR to the Official Receiver is a good idea

I sent sent SAR to all parties that had any involvement with my problem, then compared them all, it was a real eye opener, and it was only then that I learnt of the full extent of what had been going on behind the scenes. Much of the data provided by FOS was withheld by the Bank in response to my SAR

I sent SAR to the Bank, the LPA Receivers, the solicitors instructed by LPA receivers and FOS

The Receivers were uncooperative, claimed disproportionate to provide data but invited me to their premises to inspect files, however they went on and cancelled the appointments using the excuse that they were shortstaffed and didnt have anyone available on the dates in question. An ICO investigator, a former police officer visited me at home then made arrangements to visit the Receivers premises. A few days before the visit was due to take place ICO did a U-turn and decided to cancel the investigators visit to Receivers premises.

As far as I was concerned it didnt really matter as I believed that the other SAR threw up enough info to suit my purposes

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
        I think a DSAR to the Official Receiver is a good idea
        The London Gazette - link - may also shed some light on the company or solicitors involved.

The Receivers were uncooperative, claimed disproportionate to provide data but invited me to their premises to inspect files, however they went on and cancelled the appointments using the excuse that they were shortstaffed and didnt have anyone available on the dates in question. An ICO investigator, a former police officer visited me at home then made arrangements to visit the Receivers premises. A few days before the visit was due to take place ICO did a U-turn and decided to cancel the investigators visit to Receivers premises.
        I believe one may be justified in referring to them as the Indolent Commissioner's Office. :rofl:

Comment

It may be an idea to contact the ICO and ask them who to approach in the case of a dissolved company. I realise they're not always as helpful as they could be, but I know of a fellow LB member who recently rang the ICO helpline and was satisfied with the help received. -->https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Comment

Thank you all. I've taken onboard every advice you have given me above and will ring ICO first and if not satisfied then SDAR to all involved will probably be next. Checked London Gazzette before I posted this but didn't see anything on neither Solicitors nor the Receivers, only the address which am not sure if it's Sols' or Receivers. I'll check again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X