• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My Hubby - you just gotta laugh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hubby - you just gotta laugh

Just a small take of how my hubby is turning into sodding Victor Meldrew lol.

When I was nine years of age I used to go and watch our local football team play (Romford), playing for the team was twin brothers, I was fascinated and used to cheer them both on all the time, they both went on to play semi professional alongside such names as Trevor Brooking, Malcolm Allison et al.
    Fast forward to 2000 and after a couple of 'hiccups' I met the man who is now my husband, after we'd been going out for a while the penny dropped he and his brother were the self same twin brothers I used to cheer on over at the footie, yes, yes I am officially a WAG, we married in 2011 in all the years I've known him he's always been even tempered and easy going, we've both always worked hard and been errrrrrm honest and upright.
    A year ago my hubby had a small growth start to appear on his eyelid, off he trotts to the GP's who says we can't remove it, its a hospital jobby, so off we goes to the hospital, who say.... yes Mr B you do need it removed but unfortunately we can't do it because we don't have the funds as your GP letter states that its cosmetic, hmmmm out comes hubby who then growls and says 'come on we're leaving'. We then phone the GP surgery, he speaks to the surgery manager and explains that its not just cosmetic that he can see the growth and he's worried it will affect his driving, we are advised to contact the local PCT which we do, they investigate and after much too ing and fro ing we are told that we have to pay private to have it done, ok its only about £500 at the local Nuffied Hospital, but himself says that its not the point, blah, blah and so on, anyway out of principal he's now refusing to pay and is walking about with this 'wart' type thing on his eye. Yes we've sent in a couple of complaints but the PCT refuse to budge.
    Then a month or two ago we booked to go away on our holidays on Jan 20th, we were advised to visit the GP or nurse to check out if we need innoculations for Hong Kong, Australia, Tasmania and Singapore, we had the appointment two weeks ago, yes says the nurse, you both need Hepatitis A for Hong Kong, she does the normal checks and because the local PCT hasn't paid their bill, we have had to be issued with a prescription for the injections at a cost of £40 each, she says pick up the prescription and come back on Christmas Eve and I'll do the jabs, whilst your there I'll check your Athsma Saphy too. Two days before Christmas himself picks up the injections and leaves them in the glove compartment of my car, we were not told anything else.
    On Christmas Eve in we both trot, ready to be jabbed, the new nurse says, there's no record of this, you are here for blood pressure and Athsma test only, and besides those injections are worthless as they were supposed to be refrigerated and threw them away, oh and by the way you both have not had a travel assessment.... himself is growling.... nursey says there's it nothing on your records about any of this, by the way Mr B go and sit down in that corner and stop growling, well..... that was it, tipped him over the edge, off he marches and slams the door behind him, muttering about incompetance etc, I'm sitting there chuckling inside, nursey gets up, walks outside and says 'Mr B, leave the building or I will call the police and have you arrested', now I am crying with laughter by now, she comes back, tells me that he's on a warning and he cannot come back in that day, then he sticks his head through the surgery window, mutters something and asks for my car keys, nursey went mental, threatening to call police, so I said 'go on then, go for it, I'll phone the kids to come over from Kent to bail him out of the cells, I could do with some peace and quiet', honestly I thought someone was winding us up.
    Soooo the upshot of this is now, is we now have a new prescription which we have to pick up on the way to the surgery for our appointment at 11.40 am on New Years Eve, its the same nurse, somehow I have the feeling that she will be using him as Darts practice.
    I wonder if he will wish her a Happy New Year after she's finished with him msl:
    Oh and we have to pay another £40 each for the injections.
    I can feel yet another flaming complaint going into the PCT this time about not being told to keep the jabs refrigerated lol, the rate we're going they'll do his operation on his eye for nothing just to shut him up.
    Tags: None

Re: My Hubby - you just gotta laugh

You sure he aint DNA connected to my beloved? Stroppysocks gets like that,,I normally shut him up with food

Comment

Think I would be having strong words with Pharmacist who did the script, they should have told you how to store the jabs in no uncertain terms.

Comment

Yep, totally agree Di, I wouldn't mind but this is our regular pharmacist who does our scripts every month, what has amused me though is years ago himself would have let this all go like water under a bridge, now he's getting older he's growling worse than a Rottweiler with toothache.

Soooo the question is.......

Do men get more miserable as they get older ?

Comment

IMHO I think they get more sensible lol least he's sticking up for himself now he's getting older instead of letting you do it for him.

Comment

PS I think by the time they get to retirement age they can almost be classed as adult pmsl

Comment

msl: I think they must go into 'Victor' mode and then start going backwards, mine is now laying on the utility room floor drying out a wet patch (we had a leak) with my sodding hairdryer.

Comment

yes

short answer I know but yes!

Allow me to tell you a little story, very true.. slightly cruel but shows how men can be!

My Hubby is one of 3 boys, the youngest with a gap of about 17 years between him and the Eldest (He Who Must Be Ignored, and is sitting snoring on my sofa atm!). Me and EB do NOT get on!!!

Me and hubby have been together 13 yeas, and this story happened about 12 years ago..

We decided to go away for a few days, and EB decided he would come too, but have his own holiday without us, just meet up in the evennings.. Fair enough, bit of sea air, do us all good I book a long weekend in Blackpool, a 6 and a half hour drive from us! (yes.. I know I'm a glutton for punishment) so.. we head off and it was our 2nd trip to Blackpool, the 1st we fell foul of the dreaded M6 and swore we would never do it again. I took the first stint, and sat navs were things rock stars had, but we had been told of a cross Pennines way which would save us time, and we were in no hurry. I dilberately missed the turn off for the M6 and looked for this magical mystery road, Hubby being asleep in the passenger seat, me happily singing to my tapes and thinking of pulling over in Leicester and letting him take over.. the next thing I know, The Voice Of Doom is roaring from the back WE'VE MISSED THE TURN OFF!! TAKE THE NEXT EXIT, GO ROUND THE ROUNDABOUT AND GO BACK.

In the fabled words of the Prophet, I told him to go forth and multiply... sideways!

We switched drivers and picked our way, with a road map read by yours truly, across the Pennines, EB grumbling and complaining about my incompetence and how he thought we knew the way.. and why his brother had to pick a woman with less brain then the barbie dolls she played with was beyond him! I thought Hubby was gonna flatten him.

Suffice to say, we got to Blackpool nearly 3 hours quicker than if we had taken the M6, and EB spent his entire holiday staring at the Isle Of Man (which turned out to be Anglesea apparently) through a beacch telescope, and knocking on our door at 6am for Hubby to join him on a coastal walk!!

Fast forward to this year, January to be exact, and me and my lovely sister went to London for a party. I took my car and we offered to bring the 2 brothers up to Yorks with their dogs.

We were sposed to set off at 10am, but by the time EB had washed, sorted out his bag, had his breakfast, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, bottled his farts, we left about 1130ish. He complained about the seats, about the leg room (peugeot 406 estate) about the lack of dog gaurd on the car (control the dogs and we wont need one), the traffic.. we got to the M6 and (remember this is 12 years later) he said to Sis, "You know, if She had taken this turning we would have gotten to Blackpool hours earlier!!!"

Comment

I trust you kicked him out at the next junction lol

Comment

I look at my ex husband (when I can't avoid him) and think 'Jeez,,you aint aged well have ya'?..I thought it was just me being a tad..........b*tchy (I know,,perish the thought lol),,,,but the kid agrees,,his Dad is like a museum piece.All the times I saw him hanging after a night on the booze,and that was pretty regularly back then,he had the audacity to ring ME up and complain cos Jack couldn't meet him for lunch the day after being out on the sauce for his birthday!! Jacks 24 !!!!

Comment

Probably best not to tell your hubby this Sapphy. As you know, my elderly dad is very poorly in hospital. My sister has just phoned and she'd been to see him. She found 4 cans of Guiness by Dad's bed. When she asked who they were from, she was told they were on prescription. The nurse not only verified this, but said as my Dad doesn't like Guiness, the consultant had written a prescription for a bottle of sherry instead. Apparently the Guiness is full of iron, and the sherry is an appetiser to try to get him eating again as he's basically given up the fight at the moment.

If he does get discharged, I believe he's got a place reserved in rehab to overcome an alcohol addiction!:santa2:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Probably best not to tell your hubby this Sapphy. As you know, my elderly dad is very poorly in hospital. My sister has just phoned and she'd been to see him. She found 4 cans of Guiness by Dad's bed. When she asked who they were from, she was told they were on prescription. The nurse not only verified this, but said as my Dad doesn't like Guiness, the consultant had written a prescription for a bottle of sherry instead. Apparently the Guiness is full of iron, and the sherry is an appetiser to try to get him eating again as he's basically given up the fight at the moment.

If he does get discharged, I believe he's got a place reserved in rehab to overcome an alcohol addiction!:santa2:
                        Reminds me of an uncle. He had throat cancer and although he gave up cigarettes the powers that be thought it too dangerous for him to stop smoking altogether so his prescription was for 200 herbal cigarettes a week. Mind this was back in the very early 1970's.

As for getting cantankerous my OH may agree. She reckons when I had my bypasses done they cut something else out too as I tend to lose it at the least little thing. I can empathise with his situation at the surgery as had a run in with the Practice Manager a few weeks ago and was told I'm not allowed to take that tone of voice with her. Ended up telling her I hope they all enjoy their tea & coffee black in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                          Yep, totally agree Di, I wouldn't mind but this is our regular pharmacist who does our scripts every month, what has amused me though is years ago himself would have let this all go like water under a bridge, now he's getting older he's growling worse than a Rottweiler with toothache.

Soooo the question is.......

Nooooooooooo. The question is; Do we men have cause to get more miserable as we get older? As your post suggests the clear answer is yes, we do. All we ask is that others' (children, wives, relatives etc) do as you're blooming well asked and do what you / they say you / they are going to do. In this instance you have been served by incompetent oaf's who then expect you to roll over and play dead as they are sooooooooo superior. Ooop's, am I too sounding like a Victor? Well maybe I have good reason.......:santa2:

Comment

Yes!

Comment

The reason men get more miserable when they get older?
                              might have something to do with women who NAG more when they get older
                              If you see me in a supermarket later im the one in body armour if my mrs reads this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X