• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Trustees
    MR ANTHONY JAMES HARRISONMR RICHARD JAMES HARRISONMR WAYNE BELLAMYMR MICHAEL STUARTMR MARK DAVISON
    Main Charity1121633
    THE FOUNDATION FOR THE FINANCIAL PROTECTION OF HOMEOWNERS
    Click link for more details
    Working NameHOMEOWNERS RESCUE ADVICE CENTRE (HRAC)
    Charity CorrespondentCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
    JAMESONS HALL
    FOUNDRY ROAD
    MORRISTON
    SWANSEA
    SA6 8DU

Telephone01792 796017 / 08003162240
    Email Addresshelp@hrac.org.uk
    Website Addresswww.hrac.org.uk
    Governing DocumentMEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 27 APRIL 2007 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION INCORPORATED 14 NOVEMBER 2007.
    Objects3. THE CHARITY'S OBJECTS ARE: THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL HARDSHIP OF PERSONS IN MORTGAGE ARREARS AND IN PARTICULAR THOSE AT RISK OF LOSING THEIR PRIMARY RESIDENCE BY THE PROVISION OF ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE IN ASPECTS OF PERSONAL FINANCE AND DEBT COUNSELLING.
    Area of BenefitTHROUGHOUT ENGLAND AND WALES, SCOTLAND AND NORTHEN IRELAND.
    Area of OperationThroughout England and Wales
    NORTHERN IRELAND
    SCOTLAND

Registration History20 Nov 2007 Registered

Financial Services Authority __________________________________________________ _________________________
    FINAL NOTICE
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    To: Antony Harrison trading as Harrison Mortgage Strategies
    Of: 81 Gorseinon Road
    Penllergaer
    Swansea
    SA4 9AB
    FSA Reference 302120
    Number:
    Individual Reference
    Number: AXH01639
    Dated: 22 June 2009
    TAKE NOTICE: The Financial Services Authority (the "FSA") of 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS gives you, Antony Harrison trading as Harrison Mortgage Strategies, final notice about a decision to cancel the permission granted to you to carry on regulated activities
    1. ACTION
    1.1 The FSA gave you a Decision Notice on 22 May 2009 (the "Decision Notice") which notified you that for the reasons given below and pursuant to section 45 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (the "Act"), the FSA had decided to cancel the permission granted to you pursuant to Part IV of the Act ("your permission").

Richard Harrison
    Director Summary
    Richard Harrison has 2 current or previous company director or secretary appointments.
    Short name - Richard Harrison
    Director ID : 912104454
    Year of Birth: 1982

Address
    1 St Davids Close
    Penllergaer
    Swansea
    West Glamorgan
    SA4 9AN

Company Summary

THE FOUNDATION FOR THE FINANCIAL PROTECTION OF HOMEOWNERS Dissolved

Comment

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Thanks Wp & Tuttsi Sound advice! i have removed the link but cannot remove the phone number. I was judging on my personal experience i personally was'nt asked for any money or asked to contact anyone. But my case is not straight forward. Intresting!

Comment

Hi suffering the charity you mentioned may be good, but I have found out to my cost that where money is involved don’t trust anyone on the internet with out researching the company first, especially loan brokers, lenders, solicitors.

I didn’t research I just listened to what they were telling me and I have found it to be a very expensive lesson, the most important thing after finding yourself stuck with a sub prime lender is to find a good solicitor don’t just listen to what the solicitor is telling you, Google the company and find what other people are saying.

wp

Comment

This is interesting issued today from the FSA.

I can confirm that Lancashire Mortgage Corporation and Blemain Finance are the responsibility of a firm called Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited. The basic contact details for Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited are shown below on the Financial Services Authority (FSA) Register, which contains a record of all firms that are or have been authorised/regulated by the FSA under the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA) 2000, since 1 December 2001:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmB....do?sid=114839

Therefore, in the first instance any complaint that you have about Lancashire Mortgage Corporation and Blemain Finance should be addressed to Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited. Then, if you are not happy with Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited's response, or you do not receive a response within eight weeks, you may take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the Ombudsman). The Ombudsman will be able to investigate your concerns and determine whether the firm is at fault, and if it is what should be done to put matters right.

Please see the following webpage which holds the guide 'Making a complaint', as it provides further information on the complaints procedure, including contact details for the Ombudsman:

http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk...printed-guides

Additionally, as the FSA is the UK's regulator of financial services, we are interested in the conduct of the firms we regulate even though we cannot get involved in disputes between financial services firms and consumers. Consequently, I have forwarded your correspondence to the supervisor of Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited within the FSA. The supervisor will decide what, if any action, we need to take. Although, I must explain that we are unable to get back to you to tell you how the information you have supplied will be used, due to confidentiality restrictions we must adhere to under FSMA 2000. But, I wish to assure you that the issue you have raised will be given serious consideration.

Lastly, if you have any future questions on financial services and products, you may find it easier to call our Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary).

I trust that this response is of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Hello all
            Just to say that I am going through a similar crisis with another sub prime lender who has destroyed a business that has traded for 70 years.
            (I have a thread running in another forum) you are so right to fight, we have uncovered so much wrong doing it is unbeleivable what some people will do to make an unhonest pound. Our funder cultivates an image as a pillar of the community etc but the documents uncovered in my late relatives papers have beggared belief, unregulated yes, but all totally challengable. Solicitors are fine and in our case we had no option to try and save the day and had to beg relatives to help with fees to get action instigated.

They don't like a legal challenge.

Comment

Kanine, I have a big issue with a sub-prime lender who has sold the unregulated loan to a DCA. The DCA are lavishing the fact that I can't afford to take them to court. There are so many anomalies in my loan it beggers belief! Stuck between a rock and a hard place :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Ruby

Is it a secured loan or unsecured? is the amount being claimed rolled up i.e forward payments added together etc?

IN our case they are secured on our property and are very large sums, what appears to have happened is previous unsecured loans were rolled up to nonsensical levels and secured by a legal charge. My relative was simply not fit to understand the issues( he was very ill). The lender has then used an lpa receiver to try and oust us from the property as one of his defaults was the fact My relative had died. We had to go to solicitors and had to beg funds from Relatives friends etc to fight it and had to change solicitors, for make no mistake some of them are not very good and the amount they charge is not commesurate with their ability.

There may be ways for you to get legal assistance, the law is supposed to be for everyone, some others on this site can maybe advise you better on that front.

Comment

Solicitors have their own fields of expertise and I believe (cynically) that most of them these days are more interested in no-brainer cases like personal injury claims. Challenging credit agreements is quite a complex area.

My loan according to the DCA is secured however I know otherwise ........

Comment

I have a possession hearing early march and i need to bide some time (a couple of months) and get an adjournment any ideas anyone? Bearing in mind it is a unregulated agreement.
                    I have been trying to find out the significance of a default notice. Ie do they need to issue one on unregulated loans if so, what if you pay the amount asked for on the default notice (i did but they took the funds off the overall loan not off the arrrears ) then what do they have to do issue another one? i rang the court but they did'nt know.
                    The other main reason is i am waiting for the ombudsman to make a decision as to wether this loan shoud have been regulated. Therefor different laws apply
                    Is there anything that anyone has used that as actually resulted in a unconditional adjournment

Comment

If you explain your position to the court in a credible manner you may get an adjournment, I don't know about an unconditional one but if you explain your position and concerns about your treatment in a factual manner and your reasons for the adjournment I am sure it will be considered, But I am not a solicitor !

Best of luck with it.

Comment

A Default Notice is a requirement of the consumer credit act, so if your agreement is not regulated by the CCA then there is no requirement in law for them to send a DN , but some companies still send then but they don’t have to.

Section 87 of the 1974 Act requires creditors to give the debtor a
                        default notice in a specified form if, following any breach of a regulated
                        agreement by the debtor, the creditor wishes to terminate the
                        agreement, demand earlier payment of any sum, recover possession of
                        any goods or land, treat any right conferred on the debtor as terminated,
                        restricted or deferred, or enforce any security

The requirements are set out in the Consumer Credit (Enforcement,
                        Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983.
                        49 In particular, the
                        default notice must indicate:
                        • the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement
                        • the action needed to remedy the breach or to compensate the
                        creditor, and the date by which this must be done
                        • the consequences of failure to comply with the notice
                        • the action intended to be taken by the creditor in the event of noncompliance
                        • the procedures relating to the recovery of goods under a hirepurchase
                        or conditional sale agreement
                        • a statement indicating the debtor's right to apply to the court for a
                        time order, giving more time to repay the debt
                        • prescribed wording regarding sources of help or advice

Wp

Comment

General questions:

If someone has an unregulated loan then what process do the lenders use to repossess someones property?

Do they follow the same court procedure as they would for a regulated loan when attempting repossession?

Comment

They usualy have there own terms and conditions which will form part of the agreement,it is the basis on which the contract will have been made, it is always a good idea to trawl these word by word (sometimes you need a magnifying glass as the print is so small) as unregulated lenders don't always adhere to them as they should.

Comment

I have received this interesting response from the FSA bearing in mind that Cheshire have recently been fined.

I can confirm that Lancashire Mortgage Corporation and Blemain Finance are the responsibility of a firm called Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited. The basic contact details for Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited are shown below on the Financial Services Authority (FSA) Register, which contains a record of all firms that are or have been authorised/regulated by the FSA under the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA) 2000, since 1 December 2001:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmB....do?sid=114839

Therefore, in the first instance any complaint that you have about Lancashire Mortgage Corporation and Blemain Finance should be addressed to Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited. Then, if you are not happy with Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited's response, or you do not receive a response within eight weeks, you may take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the Ombudsman). The Ombudsman will be able to investigate your concerns and determine whether the firm is at fault, and if it is what should be done to put matters right.

Please see the following webpage which holds the guide 'Making a complaint', as it provides further information on the complaints procedure, including contact details for the Ombudsman:

http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk...printed-guides

Comment

Thanks Sickobullies another point to note is Blemain and Lancashire have not changed their address's with the fsa, from Charles st to Lake side.
                                p.s still looking for valid reasons for adjournment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X