• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marstons at the door

Just writing an email to OFT
    "Dear Sir/Madam,
    on 02/01/2013 at 7.20am a representative came to the front door of the house I rent a room in. The company has already had a statutory declaration from my land lady as to what room I rent. The representative, Mr. ************* knocked me out the way damaging my arm, for which I have been to the doctors to have checked out as of 03/01/2013 at 10.50am. He then proceeded to go into the living room and also the land ladies bedroom, knowing full well which room I rent as he stated that he knew. I shall as of tomorrow report his actions to the police for either common assault or whatever the police decide as other than pain, no bruising is showing as or yet.

Yours sincerely

************** "

Could I have an email address for both Romford and Southend area and regional HMCTS enforcement managers if you know them please

Thanks

Comment

Looking on here I need a Form 4 ??
      http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov..../ex345-eng.pdf

Click on certified bailiffs

Comment

Just thinking out loud. As this guy pushed me against the door and has quite frankly scared me as to what else he could do, more so if I have my children round at the time, could I get an injunction out against him at all?

Comment

Originally posted by daggz68 View Post

Just writing an email to OFT
          "Dear Sir/Madam,
          on 02/01/2013 at 7.20am a representative came to the front door of the house I rent a room in. The company has already had a statutory declaration from my land lady as to what room I rent. The representative, Mr. ************* knocked me out the way damaging my arm, for which I have been to the doctors to have checked out as of 03/01/2013 at 10.50am. He then proceeded to go into the living room and also the land ladies bedroom, knowing full well which room I rent as he stated that he knew. I shall as of tomorrow report his actions to the police for either common assault or whatever the police decide as other than pain, no bruising is showing as or yet.

Yours sincerely

************** "

Could I have an email address for both Romford and Southend area and regional HMCTS enforcement managers if you know them please

Thanks
          Ring the switchboard of the courts involved and ask for the direct telephone numbers and names of the Area HMCTS Enforcement Managers and the Regional HMCTS Contracts Manager. Then telephone them and ask for the postal address to send formal written complaints. It is important that ALL AND ANY COMPLAINTS about the conduct of private bailiff companies under contract to a government agency or department is IN WRITING and sent by Signed For Letter post. DO NOT EMAIL THEM. As for obtaining an injunction against the bailiff, as it is for a magistrates court fine, it is going to be very difficult to obtain an injunction against HMCTS. This is why you need to contact the Area HMCTS Enforcement Manager(s) and Regional HMCTS Contracts Manager as soon as possible. Frankly, I cannot see either the Enforcement Managers or the Contracts Manager tolerating this sort of behaviour and under no circumstances should they or HMCTS tolerate it or be seen to be tolerating it. If it was seen that HMCTS were tolerating the sort of behaviour this certificated thug has engaged in, the justice system would fall into disrepute and lose public confidence very quickly. There is also a clause in the contracts of ALL four contractors - Marston Group, Swift, Excel and Philips - that they must not do anything or conduct themselves in a manner that brings HMCTS or the courts into disrepute or exposes the Ministry of Justice to litigation.

As for the email to OFT, I am attaching a document which takes you through the process of complaining to OFT Credit Fitness Team. Marston's CCA Licence Number is 333059.
          Attached Files
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you.
            I can't call out till tomorrow as I have no credit on my phone till then. This will be done in the morning. Could I still get an injunction out against the representative as a person though?

Comment

Thank you.
              I can't call out till tomorrow as I have no credit on my phone till then. This will be done in the morning. Could I still get an injunction out against the representative as a person though?
              As stated in my previous post, it is going to be very difficult to obtain an injunction, as he is contracted to HMCTS through Marston Group, as you would have to cite HMCTS as 1st Defendant and Marston Group as 2nd Defendant on the Form PF39CH. That will be nigh on impossible. Also, it costs £175 in court fees to have an injunction issued, unless you are entitled to remission of fees due to limited income. You best course of action, at present, is through the HMCTS Enforcement Managers and HMCTS Contracts Manager. The Enforcement Managers can and should nip this sort of behaviour in the bud. The Contracts Manager oversees the contractors' performance of their contracts with HMCTS and can call them to account for any unacceptable conduct to the point of revoking their contracts through the Ministry of Justice.

Comment

He opened the downstairs toilet door before pushing me out the way forcefully to get into the kitchen.
                Assault.

He went upstairs into the land ladies bedroom knowing it was not my room.
                Entry as a trespasser (not authorised to go into other rooms) ... into a building (sub-parts of buildings may be considered separately) ... intent to commit theft (he knew that goods in there were not yours, and intended to take them) ... Burglary.

Comment

So whats this Form 4 I can collect? Will that help still?

Comment

Bluebottle you said that what he did was common assualt. Surely something can be done regarding the police?

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                      Assault.

Entry as a trespasser (not authorised to go into other rooms) ... into a building (sub-parts of buildings may be considered separately) ... intent to commit theft (he knew that goods in there were not yours, and intended to take them) ... Burglary.
                      Too right it's Burglary, Enquirer. Section 9(1)(a), Theft Act 1968 clearly states "...enters a building or part of a building.... as a trespasser... with intent to steal." HMCTS will love Marston Group for this. For the purposes of the Act, a room would be "part of a building".

Comment

Here you go:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I would hold fire on submitting a Form 4 for the moment, although it is something you should keep up your sleeve. Common Assault is a criminal offence and the civil courts cannot deal with criminal matters unless the DPP has consented to the matter being dealt with by the civil courts and it has not been through the criminal courts. Go through the HMCTS Enforcement Managers first and see what they plan to do. Report it to the Regional HMCTS Contracts Manager as well, who is likely to kick the backsides of Marston Group senior management at the monthly meetings they have.

Comment

I agree - the Form 4 should only be used as a last resort.

Comment

Also, by referring it to HMCTS first, they can investigate and submit a Form 5, if necessary. It's a lot harder for a certificated bailiff to challenge a Form 5 complaint than it is to challenge a Form 4 complaint as the matter has already been investigated by the time the court that issued the bailiff's certificate receives the Form 5. You also do not have the risk of court and legal costs as you sometimes have with a Form 4 complaint.

Comment

Hi.
                                Working nights and lack of sleep must have hit me like a ton of bricks. Slept most of today so didn't get to the courts. I did report the guy to the police for common assault and have got a crime number. Also went to docs yesterday ( not sure if I said? ) and had the doc take a look at my arm and write it down for reference. I had an email back from hmcts however. Not heard anything back via letter or email from Marston since they turned up. I did forget to say he would not let me have the details of the trainee he originally turned up with.
                                Here's the email from LCCCCollectionUnit@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Good afternoon,
                                Apologies for the delayed response to your email.
                                Please send any complaint about the bailiff company directly to them and follow their complains procedure as they direct. Furthermore, it is not possible to set a means hearing after the account has been passed to the bailiffs. Please continue to follow their procedures regarding the bailiffs enforcement and payment.
                                Kind regards,
                                LCCC Collections
                                0207 556 8500

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X