• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marstons at the door

Originally posted by labman View Post
    FWIW I still think an approach to the Fines Officer at the court asking for a Means Enquiry Hearing is the best way forward. They'll assess your income and expenditure and make a payment order based on this. It's best if you can turn up at the court in person and ask for this - you may need to be persistent and go in a few days running. If you are suuffering stress as a result of this, a doctor's note will often help you get a hearing.

Complaints about the bailiffs can be made later if you consider it appropriate.
    Good advice, as always, from Labman. Complaints against bailiff companies working for HMCTS should be directed to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for the court involved in the first instance. A copy of the complaint should also be sent to the HMCTS Regional Contracts Manager.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by daggz68 View Post
      land lady woken me up and has signed some declaration form to take to the courts to pay what in the property is hers and mine. she taking it to court to sort that out. no word from marston yet
      That is something called a Statutory Declaration. Basically, if the court have a copy of the SD and Marston Group have a copy and Marston Group ignore it and levy on and/or seize goods belonging to your landlady, they will be committing offences under the Criminal Law, any legal protection they may have under a Distress Warrant will be ineffective and HMCTS will eat them alive.

Comment

It will be similar to 2B here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Comment

Sent an email.
          To-gl-barkingsidemcenq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
          Dear Sir/Madam,
          my name is Mr. **** ****, formerly of ** *********** ****, *********. *****. On Monday 17th December two representatives from Marston came to the property I now rent a room in ( *****************). They were not allowed in as The property is owned by Mrs. * *********. They threatened myself and Mrs. * ********** by saying they would get a locksmith and take goods from the premises. They said they could look where ever they liked and take what they like. The representative from them is called Mr. * ******** . I had a hard time understanding him. The other person with him said he was just a trainee. I never got his name or details. I was told I owed them £460 for which they said was an outstanding amount of £160 for a fine. They did not however say why the amount was £300 more. I have now been threatened with eviction because of this.
          While here they said they suddenly had a call from their office, this I did not hear as I was back in the house at the time. Mr Marinkovic said if I paid the outstanding £460 then they would not come back for the other fine till the end of January and could pay that by installments. I asked if I could pay the £460 in installments but he refused this. As to why I can pay one fine and not another in installments he would not say.
          As far as I am aware, Mrs. * ******** has signed a statuary declaration at Chelmsford court on oath to say what items belong to herself in the whole property including land outside in case they turn up and start taking things that do not belong to me.
          I am prepared to pay the fine off, but only through the courts and would like a means test hearing to find out what I can pay off weekly or monthly to clear this matter as soon as possible as I have no way of finding the money they are after, or goods for them to take.

Yours sincerely

Mr. **** *****
          DOB *******
          Tel No. *******
          Last edited by daggz68; 20th December 2012, 13:52:PM.

Comment

One thing that gets me. Why do they not have a proper address? Only a Po box 308 number and a postcode that shows up in the middle of no where? EN9 1ZN

Comment

postcode different here
              http://www.introlocal.co.uk/business...ohn-marston-co

Comment

Daggz,

Could you edit post 34 and remove the bailiff's name and number for your own protection. Check the register in the bailiff forum to see if he is certificated; it tells you what to do if not on the register as it is often out of date.

Comment

no real address so no one turns up to abuse them like their thugs do to others ?

Comment

One thing that gets me. Why do they not have a proper address? Only a Po box 308 number and a postcode that shows up in the middle of no where? EN9 1ZN
                    You can require the Royal Mail to disclose the subscriber behind the box number.

Comment

Lab man..Have edited it. Could you put a link up as I cannot find it.

Thanks

Comment

Is it this? http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....search=Marston

Nothing comes up at all

Comment

Sorry found it. Marston Group. The person is registered till 14/12/2013. The other person with him, the trainee I do not know as never got his name or details

Comment

http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....catedBailiffs/

Oops - just realised you found it, sorry!

Comment

forgot they rang 3 times in succession this morning till it went to answer message asking if i am making payment tomorrow

Comment

forgot they rang 3 times in succession this morning till it went to answer message asking if i am making payment tomorrow
                                They are coming dangerously close to committing the offence of Engaging in a Course of Conduct Amounting to Harassment under Section 2, Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you have told Marston Group you are applying for a Means Hearing and when, they should heed this back off. If it is a case of "Which part of 'No' don't you understand?", I would be inclined to make a complaint to the Area HMCTS Enforcement Manager and HMCTS Regional Contracts Manager.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X