• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marstons at the door

Been to Basildon court. Was put through to Southend payment office. Man there was helpful but could not get me a new hearing. he told me to appeal against the original fine ( the Southend one as they only deal with the Southend/Basildon area ) Said they would possibly put on another £100 to the fine but be able to pay in installments. Still does not help me with Marston turning up for The Romford fine

Comment

Originally posted by daggz68 View Post
      Been to Basildon court. Was put through to Southend payment office. Man there was helpful but could not get me a new hearing. he told me to appeal against the original fine ( the Southend one as they only deal with the Southend/Basildon area ) Said they would possibly put on another £100 to the fine but be able to pay in installments. Still does not help me with Marston turning up for The Romford fine
      What is this muppet at Southend court blethering about? A fine cannot be increased unless an application has been made by the DPP on the grounds a punishment was too lenient. This is very rarely done and is, mainly, in cases involving serious offences. Failing to turn up for a Community Punishment session isn't a serious offence and doesn't warrant increasing a fine if you completed the CP as directed by the Court and Probation Service.

Speaking to the fines staff at courts is a waste of time. The Enforcement Manager is the person you need to speak to in order to find out why Marston Group are involved and what is happening. Please speak to the Enforcement Manager as soon as possible.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

its only gone up as marston have added their charges for coming out

Comment

its only gone up as marston have added their charges for coming out
          Exactly the reason you need to speak to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager. Marston Group is known for their dishonesty. Speak to the organ-grinder, not the house-trained baboons.

Comment

i have tried getting the number for Rom ford butget stupid answer machine crap

Comment

Ring the court switchboard and ask for the direct telephone number for the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for that court. Avoids answering machines and court staff who have the intelligence of a gnat's left buttock.

Comment

i will give that a go. but expecting marston round tomorrow

Comment

i will give that a go. but expecting marston round tomorrow
                  If Marstons' house-trained baboons turn up, don't open the door to them. Tell them you are dealing with the HMCTS Enforcement Manager and HMCTS Regional Contract Manager due to irregularities connected with potential non-compliance with Criminal Procedures Rules by HMCTS, the manner of enforcement and Marstons' fees. If they threaten to return with a locksmith, threaten to report them to the District Judge at the courts that issued bailiff certificate(s) for misrepresenting their powers and making threats to cause Criminal Damage. Make it clear to them that you are aware that they require written authorisation from the court to force entry and cannot just force entry if they feel like it.

If possible, record everything they say and do, sound and video.

Comment

oh i wont let them in but silly land lady may do. mind you she wouldn't on Monday

Comment

i wont be in part of the day. think they want me to call

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I can see Marston Group losing their contract with HMCTS. It is up for renewal in 2013 and sending the MoJ a file of cases, detailing the dishonesty and violent behaviour of Marstons' certificated bailiffs, from LB, CAG and other sources would, IMHO, be very persuasive in determining whether the contract should be renewed.

Comment

hope they do

Comment

Not a hope!

Comment

FWIW I still think an approach to the Fines Officer at the court asking for a Means Enquiry Hearing is the best way forward. They'll assess your income and expenditure and make a payment order based on this. It's best if you can turn up at the court in person and ask for this - you may need to be persistent and go in a few days running. If you are suuffering stress as a result of this, a doctor's note will often help you get a hearing.

Complaints about the bailiffs can be made later if you consider it appropriate.

Comment

land lady woken me up and has signed some declaration form to take to the courts to pay what in the property is hers and mine. she taking it to court to sort that out. no word from marston yet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X