• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Investigatory Proceedure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigatory Proceedure?

HiI'm looking for some help.... I've been put on gardening leave as my Employer believes I am speaking to a competitor re future employment (which I'm not and have denied)Following a meeting I have been told I will have to attend an investigatory meeting next week as this has come to light previously. Personally I feel I have the right to all to other Companies if I have a chance of career progression. Off the record, it has been said that the Company is just fed up with me - and the disciplinary process will follow - resulting in gross misconduct and dismissal.Is this legal? Even if I was talking to a competitor would this be grounds for gross misconduct? I have no confidentiality clause in my contract and even if I did, I haven't disclosed any sensitive data to a 3rd party. I have been offered 3 months salary to walk away - although this is dependant on my acceptance prior to the Meeting.I have been with the Company over 5 years, am currently the highest performing sales person, have a clean disciplinary record..... but did have 2 weeks off with work related stress (clinical depression) 3 months ago, for which I Am still on anti depressants.What should I do?? any help appreciated!
    Tags: None

Re: Investigatory Proceedure?

Originally posted by Helpreqd View Post
    I've been put on gardening leave as my Employer believes I am speaking to a competitor re future employment
    Even if you are, it's none of their business.

Following a meeting I have been told I will have to attend an investigatory meeting next week as this has come to light previously.
    Previously? Ask them to explain that.

Off the record, it has been said that the Company is just fed up with me - and the disciplinary process will follow - resulting in gross misconduct and dismissal. Is this legal? Even if I was talking to a competitor would this be grounds for gross misconduct?
    No.

I have been offered 3 months salary to walk away - although this is dependant on my acceptance prior to the Meeting.I have been with the Company over 5 years, am currently the highest performing sales person, have a clean disciplinary record..... but did have 2 weeks off with work related stress (clinical depression) 3 months ago, for which I Am still on anti depressants.
    For whatever reason, they obviously want rid of you. Staying is probably no longer an option, so the question is now how to leave with an excellent reference and the largest payoff possible.

Comment

Re: Investigatory Proceedure?

Hi Folks

Thanks for the reply.... I agree I'm going, but I want it to be on my terms!!

i have been summonsed to an Investigatory Meeting tomorrow (first notified last Friday) I had forgotten that I have a dr appointment to review my medication and get another prescription. I have been on anti depressants for approx 3 months and had 2 weeks off - diagnosed with work related stress.....the real reason they're getting rid of me.

i notified the Manager - but he is refusing to reschedule. If I don't go - the meeting will continue in my absence (foregone conclusion anyway!)

i can't reschedule the Doctor as I live "overseas" from the Employer, and I will be staying the other side once tomorrow is out of the way for Xmas.......so I find myself in the position where I am going to be without any medication over xmaxmas an this be right?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X