• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unlawful dismissal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlawful dismissal

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully help me out.

i feel I have been unfairly dismissed from my job on Monday. I worked at the cash and carry and the reason they used to dismiss me was that when I scanned the items I did not transfer them on to another trolley, which is what you are supposed to do, although the supervisors do not enforce this and every other staff member also doesn't do this from time to time.the boss that dismissed me also told an employee to not to bother transferring his shopping to another trolley the Friday before. My point being this rule is not enforced as it should be.

The morning I did this another employee let a whole create of beer leave the warehouse, with over 1000 worth of booze without putting it through the till. Nothing was done about this.in the handbook under gross misconduct which I was dismissed under there is a section on being in the till and money not adding up at the end of the shift, if your more than £50 over/under you get a disaplinery. An employee was £350 down and only got a final written warning. I haven't been in trouble before, have a clean record and have never even been late. A warning would have been more suited for this.

My point being all the above are far more severe than what I did, but the boss had told us a few week ago he was looking to sack someone to make a point to the others about not following procedures.In my dismissal letter it said I cannot appeal because I had not been there 6 months.
    It is clear that the manager used my and didn't follow procedure to make a point.the thing is my first paid shift that I did my induction then went on the fronts to actively serve customers was 11th June, I was dismissed on the 10th dec. on the 9th was 181 days continued paid employement. I have spoken to acas and they have said that as I got paid and serve customers this was my first day of employment.

I sent a letter to the boss explaining all this above and that by law I am entitled to a appeal with a different manager that was not involved in the first meeting and that I had been employed for over 6 months, he replied in a letter with as stated before u have not been employed for 6 months therefore not aloud to appealwhere do I go from here, I believe he knows he has made a mistake and will not follow the law by giving me an appeal

thanks for your time and hope you can help me
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X