• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41897888

is this the news us victims have been waiting for ?

thanks

dixie2013

Comment

HI All, currently waiting on some German Architect sending me a £20000 motorhome all for only £6200 . Keep it for a week and send it back if I choose not to keep it , all at her expense. She has even a Linked in profile that I am in the process of checking out , but the alarm bells are ringing/have rung.

Comment

Good to hear your alarm bells are ringing. I'm hoping you haven't transferred any funds ? If you have get on to your bank immediately.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by martinpft65 View Post
          HI All, currently waiting on some German Architect sending me a £20000 motorhome all for only £6200 . Keep it for a week and send it back if I choose not to keep it , all at her expense. She has even a Linked in profile that I am in the process of checking out , but the alarm bells are ringing/have rung.
          KEEP THE MONEY its a scam you could carry on asking questions getting info to pass onto the selling site if you have time

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            KEEP THE MONEY its a scam you could carry on asking questions getting info to pass onto the selling site if you have time
            I know it's a scam, it just took an extra 5 mins to work out because if her profile and LinkedIn connection. If I thought I was saving a couple of grand on the motorhome, that would be one thing but it was a quarter of what it was worth. I will play along till its time to stop playing along, and post the results. M

Comment

Bank details if you can get them.... they can be passed on to Barclays ( or whichever bank they are using ) and they can look into them / close them down to stop any other victims losing money to that account.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Looks like this SCAM will never end

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-sc...lands-45018064

I posted a link a while ago abt the payment systems regulator(Google PSR) . Would this sort of scam via banks be covered/investigated by them?

Thanks dixie

Comment

• Looks like this SCAM will never end

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-sc...lands-45018064

I posted a link a while ago abt the payment systems regulator(Google PSR) . Would this sort of scam via banks be covered/investigated by them?

Thanks dixie

Comment

• Hi all, hope you're all well, heard something in relation to this thread on on the news earlier so looked online and firstly seen this which is from Nov 2017.......

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...ransfer-scams/

The actual story I seen was this ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45634362

I haven't read the article fully yet I am hoping to receive my £3k from sometime in the near future ?

Can I also ask why people/victims have stopped posting on here?

Thanks again
                    Dixie 2013

Comment

• Also seen this ..

Thanks dixie
                      ​​​​​​
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Where's that screenshot from Dixie ?

THis is the PSR's take on it
                        Payment Systems Regulator confirms plans to protect victims of payment scams

Published 28 02 2018
                        • New protections for consumers to be in place from September 2018
                        • Consumer groups and industry players support the need for better protection
                        • Reimbursement model to be designed by a steering group of consumer and industry representatives overseen by the PSR
                        The Payment Systems Regulator today announces the outcome of its consultation on introducing a contingent reimbursement model for victims of authorised push payment (APP) scams. An industry code will be in place by September 2018, paving the way for victims of APP scams to have better protection.
                        The consultation*, which ran from November 2017 to January 2018, gave people the opportunity to provide feedback on the regulator’s plans.
                        It gathered opinions from the payments industry, consumer groups and individuals to make sure the PSR could understand how best to protect people from APP scams.
                        There is broad agreement that there is a need to better protect people against APP scams and reduce the harm they cause. Now, following consultation, the regulator is driving forward plans to introduce a contingent reimbursement model.
                        What’s going to change?

An industry code will be in place from September 2018, which the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can take into account as a relevant consideration when determining new consumer complaints about APP scams. From September the code will be publicly consulted on to be refined in early 2019 and the regulator expects that it will continue to evolve to ensure preventative measures are up to date. For victims of APP scams, this means they can be confident any claim for reimbursement will be given fairer consideration.
                        The PSR is also bringing consumer and industry representatives together to establish a dedicated steering group. Led by an independent chair appointed by the PSR, the group will ensure the contingent reimbursement model is designed in the best way to minimise the number of scams in the future and protect victims of scams. The steering group will be required to take into account both consumer and industry needs and meet the regulator’s ambitious timescales. The group will start work in March 2018.
                        APP scams can have a devastating impact on people and this work is about establishing the right incentives for everyone to prevent and respond to scams.
                        Paul Smith, Head of Policy at the PSR, says:
                        “This is about making a positive difference for people to protect them from APP scams. The banks have already made some changes but, from September 2018, this industry code will see better protections available to everyone. We expect the code to evolve over time to make sure methods of preventing APP scams are up to date.
                        “By creating this steering group, we are bringing the right people together to put protections in place to prevent APP scams from happening, and reduce their impact when they do happen.
                        “This is a complex piece of work and we have set a challenging timeline, but it is essential we see, as soon as possible, a model that is effective in protecting people.”

Factsheet https://www.psr.org.uk/sites/default...-factsheet.pdf

* Consultation https://www.psr.org.uk/sites/default...nsultation.pdf

#staysafestayhome

Comment

• It was from here....
                          https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...k-after-a-scam

After years of this scam happening finally it is becoming apparent that the current situation can not continue. I am sure that one day I will receive my stolen monies back, here's a link from todays FRONT PAGE of the daily mail!!
                          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...customers.html

The only way this will stop is to EDUCATE the facilitators (THE BANKS) on how to identify a mule account and also put a cap on how much cash can be drawn at any one time and re-check the Identity of the person drawing it

Thanks again
                          Dixie 2013

Comment

• think I for one have become more suspect and most I have had recently have been obvious spam so just deleted or sent to the sites spam department still good to get heads up, thanks for all you good work.
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

• https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/09...out-of-pocket/

Dixie 2013

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X