• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Not before time either. What jumped out at me was the amount of bank accounts opened (26 !!) By one criminal !! . I would have thought a mule was used to open each account so i am delighted because the banks say they did not know the account would be used for fraud regardless if it was opened using fake id, so how are they (the enablers aka the banks) going to explain one person opening 26 different bank accounts. Just hope the fca has the balls to make/force the banks to refund/return the funds stolen from us

Good news, even better if we ALL get our money back,not sure about anyone else but i've been trying for 3 years and am desparate to put this to bed but not until i get my money back

Thanks
    Dixie2013

Comment

Another scam Vw for sale on eBay....... Listed by undertiege1 item number 152248275244 (now removed). I messaged them yesterday but then thought it was too good to be true and luckily found this forum. Had text today from Tel number 0795438962 asking me to email amy216@mdapp.co.uk if I'm still interested in the car. undertiege1 is also currently listing a motorhome a caravan and a Land Rover. Also be aware of listing 122143005358 another Vw T5 that is too good to be true.
      Thanks
      Austin

Comment

Thank you for putting this up, Having read it and seen a distinct parallel between your case and a car that my son has been pursuing after seeing a Gumtree ad, well, he's not going after it any longer. I'm so sorry you lost money, I can understand it because the story was very plausible. I'm surprised that the same scam is out there after three years ( or am I?). The contact's name was Norwegian, which added to the seeming authenticity.

Comment

Hi, I nearly got myself sucked into this scam but luckily did a google search on ebay scams before I agreed to proceed! I have MANY Audi Q7 cars that I am looking to buy where they are only contactable for a specific reason via an email address - then I was told the cars were in northern ireland and they would agree an price for a quick sale which also included a shipping fee, I thought it was too good to be true! Here is one such example of the listing information:

[ Contact: walidah@bpworld.co.uk ] Audi Q7 3.0TDI ( 237bhp ) Tiptronic 2010MY quattro S Line BLACK PEARL HUGE SPEC, 60000 MILES, THIS GREAT SPEC LUXURY 7 SEAT 4X4 COMES WITH A MASSIVE SPEC, ALL THE TOYS YOUD WANT IN A LUXURY FAMILY ESTATE, FULL SERVICE HISTORY, JUST SERVICED, Upgrades - HDD-based Satellite Navigation System, Technology Package - Low , Comfort centre armrest, 21 x 10J '7-double-spoke' design alloy wheels with 295/35 R21 Y tyres, Pearl effect paint, BOSE Surround Sound System, Visibility package, Privacy Glass, Mobile telephone preparation - High, Audi Music Interface (AMI), SIDE STEPS, Last serviced on 03/09/2016, Full service history, Excellent bodywork, Black Part leather interior - Excellent Condition, Four wheel-drive, Standard Features - Automatic Climate Control, Cruise Control, Rear Acoustic Parking, Anti - Theft Alarm (Thatcham Category 1 Approved), Drivers Information System (DIS), Electric Front and Rear Windows, Radio/CD Player with MMI in Front Instrument Panel, Rain Sensor, Upholstery - Pearl Nappa Leather/Alcantara Upholstery, Seat heating for front seats. 7 seats, Pearlescent Pearl effect paint

Apparently the seller was away from 8th October to 21st October the link to the listing is:
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-Q7-TD...IAAOSwNRdX~XbY

The seller is apparently in Harrogate but when I tried to call the contact number listed I had a text to say the signal was no good and it was better to email the address above - the contact number on the listing is:
          I want to try and be of help to people as I think this is a disgusting way of scamming people who believe that eBay would be safe site to purchase through!!

Comment

Here are some responses you may get when you contact the so called seller via their email addresses!!

amy@dsglobal.co.uk Hello, I still have the Audi Q7 for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is N.Ireland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £6200 delivered at my costs.
            The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
            Thank you

Then I had a response after I questioned certain things:I will agree for a 7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
            Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
            You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/con...rn-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Amy

How could eBay continue to let this happen?!?

Comment

Alas, I'm sad to report that this is still going on. I am usually very diligent in making sure things are legit, but in my searches on google, this website and the piston heads forum didn't come up, and I was scammed last week by a James Warner from Hemel Hempstead. I got to see his driving licence and copy of a rent slip. I tripped up by trusting him and checking out the freight company Global Express Transport Solutions ltd, and the website came up OK, and I emailed the website and got a sound reply from them. What I failed to do was to check out the owner of the website www.globalexpltd.co.uk ...registered to Anna Flynn. Not any of the names registered for the company at YouGov
              I'm sure James has had his I.D. stolen by Romanians. The account for the payment seemed like jumbled letters, but doing more research, BEZDED is a small village in Romania.
              And guess which friendly bank is still handing out accounts to foreign fraudsters? This time in Durham.
              Barclays Bank
              20-27-41

My advert was for a Land Rover Discovery 3 on eBay. Ebay took the advert down but didn't inform those watching, so it gave the impression that the seller took it down.
              There is a similar scam recorded this week on the pistonheads forum with the seller being Anna Flynn...who registered the Global Transport Solutions website. Now not online. If I discover anymore I'll let you know.

Comment

hi - thanks so much for this forum - it's just stopped me being scammed via ebay classified add for a VW camper £5100- exactly same process with mobile phone/email contacts & a shipping company - Global Express Worldwide Limited (the website & tracking seemed to check out & no idea if this a legitimate company) I was quite far down the line, having given utility bill details but something didn't seem right - of course add disappeared from ebay & it seems impossible to report 'seller' as can't find ref. number - I did take screenshot of ebay page & will try to use it with them - no idea if ebay 'seller' was used or complicit. I have since located original add on gumtree, needless to say campervan price much higher (& prob. much more realistic but I've only been looking for few days & hadn't got price/spec clear). I will try and make some progress with ebay but not hopeful.

Comment

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/07/2...vestigation-f/

If us victims are to stand any chance of receiving our stolen money back we must start a steering group, am sure between us we can gets things done instead of being fobbed off as individual cases.

Dixie 2013

Comment

https://www.itv.com/hub/the-ebay-scammers/2a5069a0001

Comment

Originally posted by dixie2013 View Post
                      I have not read anywhere that, when money is transferred by defrauding a customer, the recipient’s Bank is held responsible.
                      I understand that some of the customers who have been conned into transferring substantial amounts of money to a fraudster have not been compensated.
                      All Banks have a legal responsibility to check the credentials by Passport/Utility Bill etc of every customer opening an account. If the account is abroad the money should not be transferred without checking with the sender.
                      If any Bank receives money which was obtained fraudulently they should give details of the recipient to the police.
                      If that recipient’s details are false then that Bank should refund the money because they have been negligent.
                      Dixie, your reasoning is correct but proving the allegations is the main challenge. Over the past couple of years I have successfully recovered funds from the receiving bank on many occasions and in a few of these the basis of the complaint has been negligence on the grounds of accepting false/counterfeit documents at the account opening stage. By and large I need the police to verify this; sometimes they do, usually they don't. But when they do, the balance is tipped in favour of the plaintiff (i.e. the complainant). So if it offers you any comfort, I can state categorically that I have been able to secure full refunds from the beneficiary bank by proving that the funds were procured by fraud. It's a complex business and difficult to summarise here in a single paragraph. If you want to know if I can recover your money (I can go back up to 6 years for complaints and earlier than that if the bank is being taken to court), send me a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the two victims featured on that programme, Mandy Larder, is a client of mine. The programme's producers contacted me back in April of this year and among other things asked me to give them details of an eBay vehicle scam victim. Mandy agreed so I gave them her contact details.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dixie2013 View Post
                      https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/07/2...vestigation-f/

If us victims are to stand any chance of receiving our stolen money back we must start a steering group, am sure between us we can gets things done instead of being fobbed off as individual cases.

Dixie 2013
                      I set up such a group a couple of years ago. It has over 300 members.

Comment

Hello again Jack, thanks for replying to my post, tried sending pm but your inbox is full, I'll try and send later on in the week, this thread seems to have slowed right down which hopefully is the down to the likes of Jack and this thread making people aware before they transfer funds but victims of this who have lost money aren't posting to try and aquire there funds back.

Thanks
                        Dixie 2013

Comment

dixie2013
                          No idea how my inbox could be full, in fact I can't see if I have an inbox at all.
                          I might be able to recover your money, I can go back 6 years if it involves the Financial Ombudsman Service, no time limit if legal action is taken
                          I have so far recovered over £200,000 for victims of vehicle scams and I have over 300 more clients waiting in line
                          I work on a no-win/no-fee basis and always have (this service is only for UK residents)
                          Best contact me by email : buster.jack@live.com

Comment

Thanks for replying to my post again Jack, email sent, I think barclays are throwing money into tv adverts telling us all to be scam aware and lead the general public into thinking that they(barclays) are at the forefront of fraud prevention. Maybe they think they can brush victims of fraud via there bank under the carpet?. What is blindingly obvious is a NON UK RESIDENT cannot open a bank account without a valid UK driving licence and or passport along with previous 3month bank statements but if your are a NON UK CITIZEN the opening account procedure is clearly flawed as the story below demonstrates

https://www.theguardian.com/money/bl...-crime-prevent

Thanks Dixie2013

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-account-fraud

Comment

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/871...rrassed-report

How ironic is this piece!!, the bank that fraudsters choose to collect there ill-gotten gains from is preaching to us on how to avoid a scam, maybe they need to do a survey on how many of there staff allow foreign criminals to open an account with ease using false/fake id

Thanks
                                Dixie2013

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X