• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lpa receivers waterfold / blemain / Lancashire M.C Lost "how i got them to back down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpa receivers waterfold / blemain / Lancashire M.C Lost "how i got them to back down

Law of property act 1925 recievers: I have decided to write this because so little help is available when it comes to taking on lpa receivers. As nearly all the information is biased and written by companies posing as lpa receivers. Here's my story in very brief terms i hope it can help others, I have been unfortunate to have got involved with (Blemain) Lancashire Mortgage Corporation (that story will come out another time) after a couple of years of threats and intimidation to string me along daring not to complain, i decided i had had enough and they carried out their threat and appointed Waterfold Asset Management as receivers.

I received a letter on 14th sept. 2012 informing me S kay of waterfold had been instructed to act as lpa receiver and would manage my property or arrange for its sale. enclosed were two documents by cantor law solicitors. claiming to validate their appointment, I looked closely at the paper work for mistakes and sure enough i found one it read the legal charge dated 25 nov. 2012( this was a date in the future) i checked both companies out and found they were both conected with Blemain same directors and had operated from the same premises. I questioned this and the validity of their appointment whilst i had a complaints in with LMC and the FOS. I was given a load of lies claiming they were all independant of each other and the date was a typing error. Steven kay claimed he had personally been appointed not the company he worked for.
    They had sent letters to the tenant of my property which had not been answered so they sent me an email on a friday at close of business puting me on notice that they were taking vacant possession. and will market it for sale. I thought this was the end! but a phone call to my legal team and i put Cantor law And Steven kay of waterfold on notice that it was my belief that they had not carried out fact finding and had not considered the suitabilty of the loan and simply rubber stamped the appointment. I explained LMC had fallen foul of their duty of care as a responsible lender and as a consequence the lpa receiver appointment was inappropriate, i also explained the fact S kay has declared personal responsability i would seek financial redress for his inappropriate appointment. I put him on notice that the property was subject to a legal tenancy and any attempt to seek possession was illegal i asked him to retract his action in the interest of avoiding personal liability. I named the barristor i had previously spoken to and finished by saying i look forward to hearing from you with conformation that you intend to withdraw from your appointment as LPA receiver. They backed down and no action was taken. In further correspondence i pointed out that they were regulated by the law of property act itself and must work within that law, (as it became apparent lpa receivers beleive they can frighten people into beleiving they have more powers than they really do have).
    As a final go at trying to gain control S kay / waterfold tried to set up a meeting with the tenant however i had been fairly open and honest with the tenant and explained some of the problems i had had with the lender and he wrote back declining the offer pointing out he was aware of a serious dispute with the lender and questions raised about waterfolds appointment further explaining his reply was not an acceptance of his position.

I received a letter from waterfold asset management today 22nd nov 2012.
    Dear sir and madam please be advised that i have resigned as LPA Receiver signed S.E. Kay RESULT !

Please note i have tried to keep this as breif as i can so letters are not word for word i hope this will help others. please add your dealings with lpa receivers as i beleive this course of action taken by lenders is being misused and the law of property act 1925 out of date

ode "IF YOU ARE GOING THROUG HELL KEEP ON GOING"
    Tags: None

Re: lpa receivers waterfold / blemain / Lancashire M.C Lost "how i got them to back

That is a most encouraging story, Suffering, and thank you for sharing it here. Well done for your research, and for holding your ground.

All too often, there can be a strained relationship between landlord and tenant, and I guess they hoped this would be the case here. Alas, they found that you had been completely honest with your tenant - and that took away their last chance. Honesty is not a currency they can deal in, having bankrupted themselves in that respect.

Comment

Re: lpa receivers waterfold / blemain / Lancashire M.C Lost "how i got them to back

My Tips for dealing with LPA RECEIVERS based on my experience in having to deal with them.The first thing to point out is anyone can be a LPA receiver absolutely no qualifications are needed. The chances are they have not studied the Law of Property Act but are following instructions and a check list in what they believe is the quickest way to take control of your properties (and income) take note they are just members of the public like you and me infact you are most likley to be more qualified to do your job than they are to do theirs. They are working for the lender and against you. Because they do not believe they are regulated they will try to work outside their boundries. They do not care about you or your family, just how much commission they can get, and they will stoop to what ever it takes to take control, to them it is just an evil game if you want to win, then you have to play;
      The Rules; use your common sense fight tooth and nail and take them on
      Tacticks;
      1.They will want to rush every thing through as quick as they can so you do not have a chance to gain advice or time to think straight. YOU MUST slow things down (right down) no phone conversations at all do not use email its to fast ( you could have 7 weeks communication in 7 days or less) Send them a letter telling them you have been advised to communicate only by post and you have a legal right to chooose your prefered form of communication, inform them that you cannot guarantee a response to emails. inform them this communication does not imply your acceptance of their position
      2. They will inform your tenants they will give a one sided opinion they will lie. You must do your best to get your tenants on your side.work with them you are in this together. if you have a dispute with the lender and / or the LPA Receiver inform them of this ask them if you can help them deal with the situation to assist them with communication with the LPA R. so long as you have a tennant with a contract in place prior to the lpa R being instructed and payments are being made by the tenant they and your property is in your control. So prior to the lpa receiver being instructed if your property is empty and you have a friend or family willing to help and become your tenant get a tenancy agreement in place and "Bingo"
      3. When they start cheating, bending the rules lying.spelling mistakes anything basically that you feel is incompetant go for them. Send them a letter stating you are aware of what they Have done and you put them on notice that they are regulated by the Law Of Property Act 1925 and must work within the law or you will seek financial redress send this to the person dealing with your case question everything and anything undermine them at every stage. Do your homework and good luck

Comment

I am interested to know your story with Lancashire Mortgages- I have a mortgage with this shower and they have been very underhanded and disgusting-perhaps we should share stories!

Comment

There's loads of them out there in the same pond - just different scum. Well done to you!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Anyone got a success story involving lpa receivers? if you have please add it, or if you have any information that may help others please share it

Comment

Just a thought, could somthing be written into a tenancy agreement i.e. the landlord reserves the right to deal with third parties in relation to the law of property act should the need arise and tenants must not deal direct with third parties without wrtten permission etc
                The answer has got to be yes so make sure ir is added as a precaution
                Last edited by suffering; 5th January 2013, 18:42:PM.

Comment

If you are facing eviction or repossession and you need immediate advice there is a charity organisation that offers 24/7 advice i have used them and i was very impressed Homeowners Rescue Advice Centre http://www.hrac.org.uk/ Particually if Citizen's Advice have refused to help you because the loan is unregulated and classed as a business loan.

Comment

My problem with an lpa is that he is claiming to have been appointed validly because of defaults that are non financial, i.e the death of the mortgagor 17 months prior, his executor made the mortgage payments and when the lpa was appointed there was no financial arrears, it is now being challenged in court but the damage done and the costs incurred are now just silly and frankly the law of property act 1925 or whatever, is a piece of medeivel legislation that wants put out of it's misery.

The problem.

There are far to many "professionals" make their living from this unprofessional profession!!! ( no qualifications needed to be an LPA ).

In Scotland no lender can take possession of a property without a court order, is that not straight forward? you simply defend your position if you have a legitimate defence or are in genuine difficulty. You have possession until the court makes a decision.

Comment

I believe that some lenders also consider loss of mental capacity to constitute a default (ie brain dead) it stinks

Comment

You are right Cynthesis, my late relatives facility letter states mental incapacity as a default.

Comment

This is what i did, undermine them at every level check everthing, they are usually jumped up nobodies and do not understand the Law Of Property Act, As they have never read it. Question everything, ask them to explain their actions, ask them to reference the part of the act that gives them the right to carry out a particular action.
                          Look up the legal term putting on notice it is very powerful. I sent them a letter along these lines;
                          I have sought legal advice and It is clear from your conduct that you have not engaged in any material gathering
                          I now put you on notice that your appointment is inappropriate, So for the avoidance of doubt, all acts and omissions are being scrutinised, and I intend to seek financial redress for your inappropriate appointment, and any wrong doing. I trust that this will assist you in retracting your actions in the interest of avoiding personal liability. I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation that you intend to withdraw from your appointment as LPA receiver.

If they do not resign they will tread very carefully
                          Last edited by suffering; 14th March 2013, 16:26:PM.

Comment

Good advice suffering, our LPA is an established Insolvency practitioner (a known chum of the mortgagee) on our site they have impounded a host of equipment and livestock and have prevented us from using it on our other premises. This repo has backfired spectacularly on them and they have now been halted and are engaged in litigation, their tactic at the start was a blitzcrieg of action and intimidation and in our case very public humiliation and expect you to cower behind the nearest bush and let them take all they want. When I originaly threatened legal action they as much as laughed.

When they started they were copying all and sundry into their emails etc.etc. Now they are as silent as it comes our solicitor has to chase every piece of information and so on and so forth. They use this piece of legislation (1925 property act) to loot a business without having to justify to a court their actions, if ever there was a noble cause crying out to be carried forward it is the total abolition of this outdated looters charter and the swindlers who use it.

Comment

Good luck Kanine, you are right they are happy to rush things through whilst its going their way challenge them and add doubt to their activity and they start to concentrate on a different poor unsuspecting sole

P.S IN POST No.9 (shown in blue bar on the right ) i recommended HRAC just be careful i am not to sure about their agenda i got sound advice but they did put me in touch with a 3rd party who said they could handle my case for a fee but when i questioned them further they admited they are not legally trained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X