• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongful Defaults on CRA - BBC WatchDog - Important

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Defaults on CRA - BBC WatchDog - Important

Morning All

Following BBC WatchDog's feature on Credit Reference Agency errors on Wednesday's episode we feelthat the vast majority of CRA issues WE encounter are caused by the Lender entering incorrect and in some cases downright spiteful Defaults against consumer's credit files.

I am specifically interested in DEFAULTS not CCJ's.

This is because a default can be entered on your CRA by anyone who takes on an account in arrears, such as a DCA. They do not have to go to Court, yet the damage is exactly the same as a CCJ. 6 Years of Poor credit, higher rates of interest etc. I believe this to be grossly unfair and I am seeing increasing numbers of these cases.

WatchDog may do a feature on the matter if enough people tell them about their experiences of this situation.:tinysmile_grin_t:

So if you have been wrongfully defaulted, PLEASE email watchdog@bbc.co.uk

Many Thanks
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

Re: Wrongful Defaults on CRA - BBC WatchDog - Important

BUMPED.

Comment

Hi Celestine
      did you see my thread I posted earlier today
      can I get my default removed or back dated to the beginning
      thanks
      Jon

Comment

I would love them to look into my case. I have had defaults on my files for the last six years that are not mine.
        Painful trying to get it resolved. still not after all this time

Comment

Hi Celestine,
          I know is thread is old but I just came across your website and I thought I'd give it a try...
          I am a Lloyds customer with my platinium current account and my business account with them.
          Around year 2000 I applied for a gold credit card and took the insurance with it.
          About a year after, I lost the card and Lloyds Bank Credit card services (Lloyds TSB) reissued the gold credit card for me I expected the insurance to be transferred with it but I was not aware that it was not transferred at this time. A while later during 2001/2002 I did a as is a straight upgrade to Platinum credit card meaning everything that was on the gold card should be on the Platinum card including the insurance.

When I was made redundant in 2003 I tried to claim for insurance to pay for the payments and they said that I had no insurance. I explained that I had insurance and don't understand why it had been cancelled.
          I kept on explaining this to them every time they contacted me regarding payments but they rejected the case and forcefully took money out of my account as they said I had a Lloyds Current account and that they are entitled to do so. this went on till 17/07/2003 when I got a call from them again. I explained the situation but this time the lady on the phone said that she can see what's happened.

She said that it seems that when I reported the card lost and they reissued another card they did not transfer the insurance on it. Therefore when I upgraded to Platinum there was no insurance to be transferred to it. She said not to worry that she will sort it and get back to me. She called back within 10-15 minutes and said "sorry she can not do anything for me". I was surprised and said but you just said that its your (Lloyds Bank) fault. She replied that "she cant do anything for me".

I realised at that point that they knew all along but tried to avoid the situation and never told me exactly what happened until that day. She must have been told to leave the case alone.

I had tried to explain this to them all these years but no luck and all this time they have been taking money out of my account without my consent more than the minimum monthly payment.

I had no idea they have defaulted me as I thought they are still taking money out of my account until we applied for the mortgage.

All this time, I explained that all I wanted is for them to calculate the interest that has been charged whist I was unemployed, deduct it from the total and I will be happy to settle the rest, but this was always ignored.

I applied for a mortgage last month. Everything was supposed to be fine until I discovered that I had a default on my credit score! It came as a shock especially as this has been going on for all this time! They also sold my debt to a Debt Collector. Because of this, we are now going to lose our dream house as no one would give us a mortgage or not enough money to cover our the mortgage. It is wrecking our lives, our family. The debt’s amount is £4838. The default was put on 20/08/2012 and was sold to the debt collector starting on 01/11/2014.
          What is my chance to either remove or move the date of the default for an earlier date as it was supposed to be and if yes, how long would it take? My wife still hope we could get the house unfortunately…L thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X