• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The damage this freeman garbage is doing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The damage this freeman garbage is doing

I thought i would start this debate on the damage, and down right criminal activities and advice given by this website

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...hVUQSlsVHv28TA

i am trying to somehow clean up the mess a poster on this forum is having after taking so called legal advice from this so called web site. he is on the verge of getting a CCJ for no reason at all

i am a staunch advocate of the articles contained within the human rights act on civil liberties, but i do have limits

i am in the middle of a law degree and i still cannot get my head around where they get this freeman garbage from

all statutory legislation comes from common law, our very society is built on it

common law does not over ride statute law PERIOD

SO WHAT I AM ASKING IS WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN PEOPLE ARE PROMOTING, AND PEOPLE BELIEVING THIS GARBAGE WITH NO REASONABLE EXPLANATION

it is causing real damage to genuine people in need
    Tags: None

Re: The damage this freeman garbage is doing

It is very odd.

Couple of articles I have seen linked to.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...gy-bullet-debt

http://www.legalweek.com/legal-week/...erous-nonsense

Comment

many thanks for the links

they totally support my argument

Comment

Oh and this normally comes up on a web search on them.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

I recall pt2537 tweeting a link to a Canadian judges report tearing their ideas apart as well. I will try to find a decent link to that later.

As to why?

Blind leading the blind?

Desperate/gullible people attracted by the thought that they can escape debts or the system?

It is all more than a bit "cultish"....

I think in desperate times people will latch on to these things.

Comment

Well, it is a bit like a Tea Party across the pond. There are interesting ideas somewhere amongst the crap, but in the end it is all based on the principle of "who made the first law that beget all other laws?", and anyway "is the first law legal?".

But reading their advice I can see how it can really screw up the folks for good. Go for it militant.

Comment

Take a look on Youtube at these Freeman On The Land exponents and the temptation to say, "What a muppet," becomes very hard to resist. There are ways you can use existing laws to your advantage by studying the way a provision is written, how it applies in practice and how it can be applied to a particular situation. That way, you stay within the law, but use the law against those who mean you harm or malice. It can be very satisfying to see a local authority or large company back down when confronted by legislation they cannot argue with and have to obey.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

That is why i allways quote case or statute law in any official correspondents

they cant reply with the usual bovine excrament that way and is very satisfying like bluebottle has stated

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                That is why i allways quote case or statute law in any official correspondents

they cant reply with the usual bovine excrament that way and is very satisfying
                Absolutely. That's what I do. You can't argue with case and statute law. However, having said that, I have come across chancers who ignore case and statute or deny it is applicable to them, only to find out it is and then have to back-pedal like fury.

Comment

Hello all,

My visits to this forum (indeed, to any forum!) are these days few and far between; but I've stumbled across this thread and, seeing as so-called Freeman-on-the-land are one of personal pet hates for all the nonsensical, dangerous and outright moronic gibberish they utter, I thought I would dip my toe into the water once again and revive this (not too) old thread...

I couldn't agree more with the OP; I am in the final year of a law degree and I think that any person with even a handful of fully functioning brain cells can figure out that the FMOL thing is just rubbish.

Indeed, in the beginning there was the common law... but as the OP quite rightly states, it is a doctrine of the Common Law that statute is supreme. To this end, whenever I am faced with an obnoxious so-call "freeman" who claims only to be bound by Common Law, I always ask "well if you are bound by Common Law, you must be bound by Statute, since Common Law states that this is so?" needless to say, there is never an answer that they can give, other than simply restating their pathetic and pointless mantras.

The thing that I find so very saddening is that people, who quite frankly know the pain and misery they are causing, are luring really very vulnerable people into this web of lies and falsity. It is an unfortunate trait of the human kind that, when we are down on our luck and have exhausted all traditional above-board methods open to us, we are prone to cling to the slightest bit of hope, however intangible or improbable or even irrational it may be.

People that are in danger of losing their homes, are eye-deep in debt and are struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel are the most likely people to be taken in by this "get out of debt free" nonsense and will invariably end up getting evicted and losing the property that they have probably worked so hard this far to keep. This is the damage that these people do. And when they do fail, they blame anyone but themselves... it is always the corrupt system!

Now, for sake of argument, lets assume for one moment that what they are saying is actually true (which it isn't!) and that statutes and debts are all illegal (which they are not!); if the end result is that a "corrupt system" is going to apply them anyway, and take your house from you anyway, what difference does is matter whether or not it is a conspiracy? The net result is people lose their property!

The sad thing is, that a large proportion of the people that get taken in by this pseudo-legal hocus-pocus, could probably have kept their properties if they had sought the correct advice early on and hadn't been taken in (sometimes I think even brainwashed!) by the FMOL "gurus".

Before anyone (as will almost innevitably happen) comes along claiming to either "know someone" or "be someone" who has had the FMOL tactics "work" for them; if one looks objectively at the information available, it is clear that no person in the UK has ever succeeded in, for example, preventing an eviction by using FMOL tactics.

The most that happens is they delay an eviction because their tactics causes confusion amongst the varying authorities; ultimately as soon as the authorities clear up the confusion, the eviction or whatever it may be goes ahead as planned.

The only "success stories" I have heard of are where FMOL tactics have been employed with regards to unsecured debts and debt collection agencies etc; in such a situation it is hardly surprising that the companies don't bother to go to the expense of taking a person through the court when the debt is unsecured and the debtor doesn't own their own home (or, since they are displaying FMOL tactics, soon won't own their own home since it will soon be repossessed).

Long, rambling post now over.
                  Thank you.
                  UF
                  None of my posts constitute any kind of legal advice. I do not accept any liability whatsoever resulting from anyone reading and/or acting upon the contents of any of my posts. Always seek the advice of a qualified and insured lawyer.

I have a first-class LLB (Hons) (law) degree and I continue to research the law for my own pleasure. This does not make me an expert in the law. I make mistakes, just as we all do. My posts are made in good faith, but anyone relying upon the accuracy of my posts does so purely and entirely at their own risk. I do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, for any detriment of whatever type or nature, resulting from any person(s) acting upon the contents of my posts.

Comment

Those guys even have their own TV programs, :rant: :rant: I haven't actually watched them, but last year they were shown on one of the Sky channels.

Comment

It's called 'Torquay Talkey' because,,oddly enough,,I watched some of it in the early hours of this morning (by accident,I hasten to add,was surfing YouTube)..I couldn't make head nor tail of it to be honest,,seemed to be a bunch of ageing 'hippies' causing havoc. I fully understand the 'standing up to the MAN' mentality,,but it seemed rather disjointed.

Comment

Oh them. I tend to call Torquay Talkey TV "The Muppet Show" (Apologies to the late Jim Henson.) because those who are on it behave like complete and total muppets. Some of the things they come out with are just total nonsense. The temptation to insert a stick of primed dynamite into a certain bodily orifice in the vain hope it might make them face up to reality is, sometimes, very hard to resist. If you're bored and want a good laugh, watch Torquay Talkey TV.

Comment

To be honest BB,,it completely confused me (yes I know that's not difficult lol).Although ,to be fair,,the one I saw where they locked the bailiff + car behind gates was quite funny and again,coppers really didn't know the law then fibbed and said they had spoken to the landlady when they hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Unitedfront
                            Indeed, in the beginning there was the common law... but as the OP quite rightly states, it is a doctrine of the Common Law that statute is supreme.
                            There is no such doctrine - Common Law existed long before before statute law. Furthermore, Common Law prevails unless statute law clearly indicates that it is overridden.

Comment

Ummm.... with respect, can I ask that you re-read my post... ? You seem to be confused as to what I was saying. Let me clarify:

1) Common Law was around long before statute law (I thought this was implicit in the sentence "in the beginning there was common law".
                              2) Common Law applies wherever statute doesn't clearly indicate otherwise.
                              3) The above point (2) is part of the Common Law principle that statute is supreme.
                              None of my posts constitute any kind of legal advice. I do not accept any liability whatsoever resulting from anyone reading and/or acting upon the contents of any of my posts. Always seek the advice of a qualified and insured lawyer.

I have a first-class LLB (Hons) (law) degree and I continue to research the law for my own pleasure. This does not make me an expert in the law. I make mistakes, just as we all do. My posts are made in good faith, but anyone relying upon the accuracy of my posts does so purely and entirely at their own risk. I do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, for any detriment of whatever type or nature, resulting from any person(s) acting upon the contents of my posts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X