• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please - court claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advice please - court claim received

Originally posted by flinko View Post
    It totals approx 90k, made up of a business debt which I would dispute (no personal guarantees were signed as far as I remember), a mortgage shortfall from a repo, misc. others CCs and loans.

Its not a serviceable debt for me and due to other circumstances (causes mother stress she coule do without!, other family matters, current career and future prospects), it would benefit me greatly (imho) to cut my losses and start afresh.
    Was the business a limited company? If so, the debts should have gone away upon company liquidation, that's the whole point of being limited.

The mortgage shortfall is one of those debts where BR could be appropriate, because the Statute of Limitations on those is 12 years as opposed to 6. Bankruptcy can affect your career prospects, depending on your line of work, of course.

Comment

WOW, having just read this thread from start to finish I just want to say a big thank you for all the help & advice posted here as it may well come in very handy for my own case helping a friend as the circumstances are very similar. No proceedings have been issued yet but I like to keep one step ahead and familiarise myself with the process ready in case they do and the info here will be of great help. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
        WOW, having just read this thread from start to finish I just want to say a big thank you for all the help & advice posted here as it may well come in very handy for my own case helping a friend as the circumstances are very similar. No proceedings have been issued yet but I like to keep one step ahead and familiarise myself with the process ready in case they do and the info here will be of great help. Cheers.

One thing you don't see on many of these threads is that any letter before claim/action should be responded to requesting the setting out of the case and copies of the documents they rely on as per the pre action protocols.

M1

Comment

I'd guess that is often because people don't come here until the blue court form falls onto the mat and it's hard distinguishing genuine LBA's from empty DCA threats these days xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I'd guess that is often because people don't come here until the blue court form falls onto the mat and it's hard distinguishing genuine LBA's from empty DCA threats these days xx

Indeed, that's why i'm trying to spread the word

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              ...and there are some who can't distinguish genuine blue court forms from generic threats either.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X