• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Name on Birth Certificate and Contact Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name on Birth Certificate and Contact Advice

Hi, I have been reading a thread by FTW, with great interest, and posted this on there but thought it might be better to make a new thread, still getting use to this. I will be starting the process of name on birth certificate and contact, sometime after christmas when my ex-partner gives birth to our son, she has already stated that i can see him for 1 hour a month at contact centre and my solicitor hsa already replied to that as being ridiculous due to the 7 hour return journey and myself being with 4 young children from my late wife. She has already claimed the physical and domestic abuse thing which i have denied as i hate those types of people but reading about it , it it one of the easiest to allege and very hard to disprove, although her brother and other familys members dont believe it which gives me assurance, and from what i have found out she has done this before to 2 of the other childrens fathers, she is in one of these refuges which i know nothing about except they believe everything that person says , although i know she only went to them as council informed her she would have to fend for herself and her kids would have to go into a home, this way she will eventually get a council house, which i find sickening as she is taking the place of someone who is facing that type of abuse. At present i have no legal rights, until the baby is born then from what my solicitor has told me , she will be going for 2 things at the same time name on birth certificate and proper access , i will keep this updated but would appreciate any advice or insight into all this
    Tags: None

Re: Name on Birth Certificate and Contact Advice

Just to make this a sure thing. The legal route is the last resort because there are two ways of getting your name on the birth certificate as father. One is that you attend the registrar when the birth is be registered or that you obtain this by court order. The court will look at all matters and decide whether to give you parental consent which will mean having to deal with maintenance for the child. Your name going onto the birth certificate does not mean that the child will receive your name because in all likelihood the surname that will be given is one that your partner will give to the child. Remember that in court proceedings that the paramount issue is about what is in the interests of the child. If there is any animosity between your ex partner and yourself or there are allegations of abuse then suggest to your solicitor that a third person bring the child to contact rather than the ex, so that there is no tensions during the handover process. So, for example, if her family are closeby then maybe it would be better for one of them to drop the child off at contact. I do not think that supervised contact is necessarily a bad thing early on but as the child grows up that could be better if it was unsupervised.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrewatch View Post
      ... and from what i have found out she has done this before to 2 of the other childrens fathers ...
      Any chance of tracing them and getting a statement?

Comment

Hi thanks for the replys, to St bernard in answer to your querys, there is a lot of animosity between us, and because of where she is then it would be supervised but limited most probably, as she knows that I have 4 young children myself and the distance is a 7 hour return journey. Child maintenence is a separate issue which i have no problems paying. She has made allegations but hasnt done nothing more, although she has said if I dont cause any trouble then she will alow me to see the baby, but isnt that control ie doing everything she wants bearing in mind I was doing that when we were together until nearer the end when I started to stop doing things, so am I wrong in thinking that she still wants to control me ? at present I am on anti-depressants and counseling because of the control she had over me, I find it hard now to think for myself and always second guessing my life.
        Personally I would like this to go to court so I can prove how she manipulates and lies to get what she wants, even her brother has said she has done this before, lied etc to get what she wants, he even said I am a better father than she is a mother which i was surprised at, all I would like is to be a father to my son and see him when I can, so I am in turmoil as to what to do as if I go to court then it could either hurt me or hurt her and i lose all contact either way she could win what ever i decide.

To Beagle puppy that is something I will be doing as I do know one pays csa so should be fairly easy to find one of them.Which I am requesting my solicitor to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X