• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Hello and welcome, Mich60.
    I see our sparkling star Di pm'd you her wonderful letter which has already helped so many.

Just in case, you decide to try as well CEO route (which you can do at the same time as the underwriter avenue , as I did myself, please do see our special thread, dedicated to Santander:
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...from-Santander

Santander as well as Genworth are not exactly most willing companies to refund PPI.
    We are sharing our experience to help each other.
    Best of luck.

Marshallka, you sound wonderful and your icon picture looks adorable, huggable and squeezable .
    Whatever you are dealing with at the moment, I wish you all the best and great success!

My darling friend Di, we all are so lucky to have your support and help. It is a half of the battle won straight away. Lol

Victoria xx

Comment

Hi Everyone
      I have been reading with great interest many of these posts on this forum regarding the mis-selling of PPI. I opened a Debenhams account in March 1995
      and agreed to take the PPI as the Sales Assistant advised me that it would improve my chances of the store card being approved. I would not have agreed if I knew then that PPI was optional. I have received the usual rejection letter from Santander, they suggested that I could contact the FLA. I understand that Genworth were the underwriters I would be very grateful if Di could send me a copy of her letter to Genworth.
      Many thanks

Comment

Hello and welcome, Curly.
        What you described is so very typical. We all went through that.
        I am sure our wonderful Di will be in touch soon.
        I'll let her know as well, just in case.
        Meanwhile, you can try the CEO route as well.
        You can do both, underwriter and CEO at the same time.
        Should you need more information about Santander CEO, lease see our special dedicated thread:

Best,
        Victoria

Comment

Hi Victoria
          Thank you for your quick response and support, i really appreciate it. I will take a look at the link and wait to hear from Di.
          Ill keep you updated.

Thanks again
          Curly

Comment

You are welcome, Curly.
            Best of luck.
            We'll wait for your update.
            Victoria.

Comment

Hi Curly and welcome

Sorry for the delay in responding, I shall pm you shortly with the letter x

Thank you Victoria your our star X

Comment

Hi Di

Thank you for your amazing letter I will definitely be using it to help me word my letter to Genworth.
                I will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks again

Curly

Comment

Fingers crossed for you, Curly.
                  Di's letter is truly amazing and has already helped so many people.
                  Di is amazing and this forum is too!
                  You are in the right place!
                  Best,
                  Victoria

Comment

Hi Di,

New to this site, so seem to be making a right mess of it ! I thought I had to do a new thread, but notice I can hopefully contact you this way.

I have a Santander card from 2001, which I was stupidly flogged at the cash desk. I was and I still am self employed. I have got totally nowhere with Santander. They are saying something to do with FLA means I am stuffed.

Is it true that all might not be lost and that there is something I can maybe still do ?

if you can help me if would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Celticbhoy View Post
                      Hi Di,

New to this site, so seem to be making a right mess of it ! I thought I had to do a new thread, but notice I can hopefully contact you this way.

I have a Santander card from 2001, which I was stupidly flogged at the cash desk. I was and I still am self employed. I have got totally nowhere with Santander. They are saying something to do with FLA means I am stuffed.

Is it true that all might not be lost and that there is something I can maybe still do ?

if you can help me if would be much appreciated.
                      Hello there and welcome

Have you tried writing/emailing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) The Manager?

The FLA will look into complaints on any further information provided to them if the business (Santander) have not already done so, its rare success with them though, but no harm in giving it a go, and also contact Santander to ask for details of the underwriter/insurer, they must provide these details to you and the address, once you have the details let me know and I shall forward you a letter to help you through this.

However, many as you may already be aware have been in the same position, it may also be worth pushing Santander and following the advice of the rules they should follow on the other thread I posted sometimes ago called "Your experience with Santander" if your not able to find it let me know.
                      Ou Victoria have also helped many in this same position, where she herself eventually succeeded with Santander, yes it was time consuming but she got there in the end.
                      With that Victoria posted up excellent info to follow and it may help you too.

We will help you all we can to get through this and succeed one way or the other, so stay strong! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hello, Celticbhoy,

Wonderful Di is absolutely right about CEO route. I agree.
                        Should you wish to try it, please have a look at our thread, specially dedicated to Santander.

It took me a while, but, they eventually had to uphold.
                        They repaid me everything and also extra as an apology for not doing a good job in handling my case.
                        Prior to that they rejected 3 times.
                        You have to keep going and you will get there at the end.

I am also self employed.
                        Which sort of occupation is it you do?

Another friend Loulou also succeeded via CEO route.
                        Our lovely L'pool did not succeed with CEO, had a rejection from the underwriters, but still won by being prepared to take them to small claim court. They did settle out of court.

All three of us had rejections from Santander and we all won.

Di will help you with the letter to the underwriter, if it comes to that.

If you decide to email to the CEO, you will find a lot of useful information about that on our Santander thread.

We all will help you, whatever route you will take.

Best of luck and please post either here or on the Santander thread.

Victoria

Comment

Hi Di,

thanks for that, much appreciated. I will dig out my paperwork and contact Santander too and let you know. I see Victoria has contacted me too .... What a team ! Will be back in touch.

Comment

Hi Victoria,

thank you you for that. Ok, I will have a good look at the Santander thread and come back to you. It just makes my blood boil how they treat you. Ok will have a wee look tomorrow and report back. Thank u again.

Comment

You are welcome, Celticbhoy.
                              I know the feeling about blood boil... Santander does have that effect.
                              In my experience it is worst company to deal with. I truly could not believe it was possible to treat people the way they do.

We did get there eventually, and the feeling when you do win, is wonderful
                              V

Comment

Hi Victoria & Di,

I see that some people seem to sleep as little as me ! Ok it looks as though it's Genworth right enough. I have also had a good look through the Santander thread.

This is what I think from all that's been said, but can I just clarify that I am thinking the right way.

My claim has been knocked back and I have been told to go the FLA. I don't understand that as surely Santander are a bank and covered by the rules back thro FCA, GISC and ABI. Surely they have the same responsibilities as any bank ? And then you can go to FOS. That said it would seem thats not the case.

Given that, I think it seems like I can present the case to Genworth as the underwriter or insurer ? Again, it looks like they were paying out at one point point, but not now ? Surely if they created a precedent, they can't go back on that ? Even if they do then reject, I could then take them to FOS ? Or am I thinking the wrong way ?

Victoria, you mentioned that you had written to the CEO and then they paid ? Must have been pretty powerful stuff or dd u have to threaten court action. Not sure if you meant two claims had been paid in a different way ? Bloody good for you though. I just hate their arrogance.

Di, it seems that you might have the dynamite letter that goes to Genworth ? If you do could I be a pest and ask for this.

Thanks, about to take my son for a driving lesson. Even than has to be less stressful than this. Grrrrrrr

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X