• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

I have pmd it to you x

Comment

Hi enaid.
      Could I have a copy of Di's letter also please.
      Many thanks

Comment

Pmd it to you x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Okay folks, after Santander rejecting the GE capital bank complaint, due to lapsed time and they could not track down the info on the account, and the fact they were not FSA regulated, I forwarded my case on to both FLA and the Underwriter/insurer - namely Genworth Insurance.
          The FLA letter arrived today and they could not do anything about it, (as to be expected) and at the same time another letter arrived from Genworth!!

They accepted the liability or joint liability with GE and will be paying refund in full.

Bear in mind, this account was taken out 1997 and ended 2005, PPI suddenly appeared on store card statements about a year after the store card was taken out.

Not a massive amount but happy anyway, and it's the principle of it.

See it can be done via underwriter if all else fails, if complaint worded correctly.
          With Genworth it had only taken a little over 2 weeks to resolve.
          Hi Di,
          I have an old ppi claim pre 2005 with sppl then ct capital. Told by fos no claim possible but to go after underwriters Lloyd's Insurance through (MMS) Marketing & Management Services Ltd who where acting on behalf of SPPL. If you have any advice or if possible your template letter available I would be very grateful. best and thanks tommo

Comment

Originally posted by tommorex View Post
            Hi Di,
            I have an old ppi claim pre 2005 with sppl then ct capital. Told by fos no claim possible but to go after underwriters Lloyd's Insurance through (MMS) Marketing & Management Services Ltd who where acting on behalf of SPPL. If you have any advice or if possible your template letter available I would be very grateful. best and thanks tommo
            Tommo I have pmd you a copy of Dis letter, it is a guideline and you can adapt to suit, for more info I suggest you read the thread as it may help.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Has anyone had dealings / success going after Lloyds as the underwriter in ppi claims

Comment

Good Morning.

Does anyone have any success against Underwriter, UK Insurance Ltd (UKI)?
                  I am in a back-and-forth match with RBS/UKI regarding PPI insurance from a specific period.

The background:

I am a crown servant and my job involved me moving around the world. I was based overseas from 2002 until 2012 in a number of capitals.
                  My last job was in Syria prior to the uprising in the region.

I asked RBS whether the policy was applicable given I was overseas and based in a hostile country. They told me to the underwriters would be better placed to answer. I called UKI and spoke to one of their claims personnel. She informed me that they do pay out for crown servants based overseas, so the policy was fine.

My question is that the PPI policy leaflet says, under the "What is not covered", accident and sickness will not be paid for:

- War, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, revolution, insurrection.

I told UKI that Syria wasn't a walk in the park, It was incredibly dangerous. But yet they still said the policy was fine/

Am I meant to take UKI's word for this. If this is the case, they should surely spell it out in more detail. There should be a caveat that they will not pay out unless you are a crown servant. Seems strange to me.

I have tried to get an address for UKI but they seem to be elusive - all I can get is an telephone number.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

CBPS.

Comment

many a place overseas is not a walk in the park, not just the middle east - your job information would have told you aspects of insurance etc as for Syria your own admittance posting there for the crown was prior to hostilities therefore they were correct in cover , nice try though! oh! I wonder if I could claim for the far east oh! and the Yemen in my time , syria has been a bad penny for centuries by the way! also I was on a flight thru Pakistan travelling alongside a couple Crown posting people who were being posted up North to the border post (unrest) not official unrest but they were covered by the crown agency.

you may be on bad ground in your claim!? interesting though!

Comment

Thanks Mike.

I agree that many overseas are not a walk in the park. My point was not insurance, as I was covered by Marsh Insurance overseas, but more on the PPI aspect.
                      Yes, I could have hurt my leg falling downstairs in Paris or Rome and the both policies would've covered me. But to being injured on a job to Baghdad or Syria is surely not covered. My own insurance would've paid out but not sure if UKI would've? Or am reading it wrong?

Comment

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03034263
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

might pay to contact an question the Insurance ombudsmnan service??

Search Results

Financial Ombudsman | Free, fair, for everyone

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

if they will nott= or cannot comment they should give you info who could assist you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave1971 View Post
                            Okay I know this thread has grown arms and legs a bit from original ppi success posto.
                            However, to go back to original post about welcome finance success I have today received confirmation from aviva that I will be receiving ppi redress on 2 accounts between 2000 & 2004. The process was really simple too with a phone call to Welcome for account numbers and then a phone call to aviva whof completed the forms on the initial call. As I say received confirmation today of success in 2 of the 3 accounts claimed on.
                            The reason the other was rejected was that it was from 1999 and aviva only began underwriting I 2000. I would be most grateful is anyone had any information as to the likelihood of who the underwriters for welcome would likely have been in 1999. Welcome state they no longer hold the underwriter details for that account.
                            Many thanks in advance
                            Hi Dave

Just tried to send you a message but says box limit has reached.

It basically said this:

Hi Dave

I too have several loans with welcome from the early 2000's. I have all my original paperwork still including the norwich union / Aviva policy document.(god knows how lol)

What phone number did you ring at Aviva?
                            Did you do it all over the phone? What reasons did you give for mis selling? Did they ask for any proof ect?

Are they giving you statutory interest on the claimed amounts?

Sorry for so many questions

Thank you for any help

Matt

Comment

Hello

could I have a copy of Di's letter please? Am very new to this forum so hope I have posted in the right section

thanks

Enteric

Comment

Hello
                                Having found this thread, I would be extremely grateful if you could also send me a copy of Di's letter.

Thank you very much

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X