• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

aktiv kapital on my credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aktiv kapital on my credit report

hi all my question is i done a credit report as im going to look in the new year for a mortgage with my girlfriend and on it said about a defaulted account from 2007 i am not sure if this dept is mine because at the time i was going through some things and found myself in abit of bother but i thought i had it all sorted now the only thing is they say that the account was opened in 2002 and it say it is a credit card at this time i never owned a credit card this is where the confusion is coming from.

my question anyway is is it better to contact aktiv kapital about this or go through the credit agency because i want to get this sorted asap also the second half of this is if this dept is not mine and they can not prove that it is mine is it legal that they put this on my credit file as this hurts me if i dont know about it
    Tags: None

Re: aktiv kapital on my credit report

also one last thing the SB what date dose the 6 years start from is it the date it was settled or is it the date it defaulted?

Comment

I am sure it is the date from when a last payment was made, but i am sure someone will verify that

Comment

Actually, i think it is 1 month on from the last date of payment when the clock start ticking! Given that the month after last payment will be the first month of missed payment.

Are you sure you had no store card with anyone in 2002 as alot of companies changed their store cards into credit cards? Though they were recently found to have acted unlawfully by doing so! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edit-card.html
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

im prity sue i did not have one as i didnt have anything like that untill a few years after and this thing says i opened it when i was 19 but what about my other question

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
            Actually, i think it is 1 month on from the last date of payment when the clock start ticking! Given that the month after last payment will be the first month of missed payment.

Are you sure you had no store card with anyone in 2002 as alot of companies changed their store cards into credit cards? Though they were recently found to have acted unlawfully by doing so! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edit-card.html
            sorry to bother you again i have had more info from equifax it turns out it is a card of mine i had completly forgot i had ever opened it but i just want to ask i settled it in 2008 so would the SB start from this date?

Comment

Originally posted by chris83 View Post
              sorry to bother you again i have had more info from equifax it turns out it is a card of mine i had completly forgot i had ever opened it but i just want to ask i settled it in 2008 so would the SB start from this date?
              HI yes it would start from when you last made a payment. But as you say you settled the account, then you should not really have anything left to pay on it, so why it was sold to aktiva is confusing since you said you settled the account. The default will remain on your file for a period of 6 years and should be dated as 2007 for when you originally defaulted.

When you settled did you pay the full outstanding amount? Does it show as settled on your credit file? Also, and this is important, was it originally a store card, that was turned into a credit card?
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                HI yes it would start from when you last made a payment. But as you say you settled the account, then you should not really have anything left to pay on it, so why it was sold to aktiva is confusing since you said you settled the account. The default will remain on your file for a period of 6 years and should be dated as 2007 for when you originally defaulted.

When you settled did you pay the full outstanding amount? Does it show as settled on your credit file? Also, and this is important, was it originally a store card, that was turned into a credit card?
                it had defualted and been handed over to aktiv kapital who i then paid the full amount. it now shows settled on the credit file but im so confused becuase it says it defualted in 2007 then i settled the account on the 29/10/2008 with aktiv kapital but then on the credit file it says i settled it on the 31/12/2008 is this normal? i have no idea if they changed it to a credit card it was just it said on the credit file that it was a credit card but then aktiv kapital says it was a store card with comet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X