• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Didn't get into arrears with this lot so no relevance ........

Nice to see from the article though that the authorities are finally nipping at the heals of these sub-crime companies. Better late than never .....

I will still be looking at the interest rate side of things, KGF. I have several questions in my head I would like to ask you but I will look out as much paperwork as I can first of all.

Comment

Every time I have phoned them recently, once through all the security I am told"you have not been charged the £50 fee for not keeping to the currant monthly payment".
      I was on a payment plan that finished in July but never got an acknowledgement letter.
      Like Labman I did try to get compensation for the charges, they rejected initially but then put just over £800 back on the account earlier this year as "a good will gesture".
      I hope that KGF gets some answers and hope I have helped in a small way.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi All
        this is the details that labman is refering to http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/kensington.pdf
        It gives details of the FSA ruling against them.
        I have also instigated two more investigations by the Unfair Contracts team against KMC both of these are ongoing.
        (A) To investigate the SVR which is never published as per there terms and conditions
        (B) To investigate their use of LIBOR and why it is always rounded up by 0.05%. By investigating the true LIBOR rate as per BBA website Over an 8 year period there is a discrepancy of nearly 10% in KMC's favour.
        Any rates you have to back up (A) would be of interest. Thanks Dog Tired for help so far.
        cheers for now!

Comment

Could not view this on
          Android, took a bit of reading so will read properly later.
          Very interesting from what I have read.
          In my view Kensington, in my case, have still failed to keep to some of the points, in that even when I told them I would pay weekly and submitted income and expenditure the "computer programme" still expected payments by the twenty sixth of the month and I was "fined" the £50 for the privilege.
          Eventually they realised that they were in the wrong and we are now a little ahead as I kept to an agreement and have rounded the monthly payment up and pay weekly.

Comment

I am still looking out my paperwork and hope to get some info on here in the next day or two. A discrepancy of 10% is MASSIVE! Another thing that really sticks in my throat is that we initially started off with one secured/second charge mortgage which we replaced with another secured loan but still had to pay an early repayment charge on the first dispite staying with the same company!! Surely I should have some recourse for compensation there? (How stupid/desperate was I!!!!?)

Comment

Hi all, not sure if i've registered here before? had massive problems with Kensington with a 30k shortfall, cant get them to give me the SVR so have compalined to the ombudsman, I would be interedted in any figures people have from 2006-2009 not sure if my mortgage was witht hem the whole time thoughy? 10% in there favour? I guess that would be refunded? should I put in an SAR? Ive lofged a bunch of complaints and they initially offered 545 refund of charges....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStar83 View Post
                Hi all, not sure if i've registered here before? had massive problems with Kensington with a 30k shortfall, cant get them to give me the SVR so have compalined to the ombudsman, I would be interedted in any figures people have from 2006-2009 not sure if my mortgage was witht hem the whole time thoughy? 10% in there favour? I guess that would be refunded? should I put in an SAR? Ive lofged a bunch of complaints and they initially offered 545 refund of charges....
                Is it possible that your mortgage is/was with GMAC, or am I confusing you with another poster with the same username BlueStar on another forum :noidea:

Comment

i was with gmac but remortgaged to unity who sold it to kensington, had to reregister, old name would have been bluestargalaxy?

Comment

i was with gmac but remortgaged to unity who sold it to kensington, had to reregister, old name would have been bluestargalaxy?
                    Are you sure you've got that right because Unity Mortgages is a Polish speaking mortgage advisor based in Scotland Is this who you mean:

http://www.unitymortgages.co.uk/en/

Comment

argh! lol, may have been Unity Homeloans, it seems its possible that when I put my first complaint into kensington they offered a token gesture which I declined and wrote again to them, I cant remember the dates but will the FOS still investigate even if the compalint is logged more than 6 months after the original and if not what are my options? just court? thanks!

Comment

the Lady/Gent at teh top has SVR rates? these would be usefull from 2006-2010 if Anyone nows how I can get hold of them? xx

Comment

Also, as a point of note they sold my house via an estate agency, it took 6 days in 2009/10 6 DAYS!!! so there is no way they attempted to get a decent price!! do I have grounds here? and finally if I, once all my complaints were settled and compensated etc, what would my chances be of offereing say to pay £ xxx a week but only if they write off the same amount so a %50 reductionin the fianl amount, really my only other choice is to declare bancrupty so its in there interest? anyone know what my options are for circa 50k debt? DRO? IVA? etc? thanks all! x

Comment

Sorry I have stopped following this thread. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any more info about my secured loans. Don't have much paperwork left. I wish you all the best of luck in fighting your corner. I have an overall grudge with ALL unregulated secured loans at the moment - if any of you have been following my other threads you will know why.

Ruby x

Comment

Feel a little annoyed as I did get back to the OC as we have a mortgage with Kensington, he said he had a court hearing at the end of January but as yet has not got back with a result.

Comment

Also, as a point of note they sold my house via an estate agency, it took 6 days in 2009/10 6 DAYS!!! so there is no way they attempted to get a decent price!! do I have grounds here? and finally if I, once all my complaints were settled and compensated etc, what would my chances be of offereing say to pay £ xxx a week but only if they write off the same amount so a %50 reductionin the fianl amount, really my only other choice is to declare bancrupty so its in there interest? anyone know what my options are for circa 50k debt? DRO? IVA? etc? thanks all! x
                                Certainly not a DRO because your debts are over £15k. An IVA is also a form of insolvency so it's not necessarily better than BR and some of the money you pay goes towards fees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X