• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

For some time I have been trying to get KensingtonMortgages to let me have their 'Kensington Standard variable rate' ie a rate that would apply across the board to all their clients.They have always refused until I went to Court and their Solicitor handed over what he felt was the Kensington Standard variable Rate. I have this now broken down by month and year back to 2004

I am sure that this Standard variable rate varies from client to client depending on what the Kensington Underwriters feel they can get away with which is why they do not normally publish a Standard Variable rate any where.

I need urgently to compare the rates you have with the now published rate I have...if they differ - then Kensington are in trouble since the rates I now have are a legal document.
    Please can any of you help by comparing the rates I have to the rate you have been or are being charged. I can PM you the rates if you want them.
    We already now have two replies on this but we need as many as we can get so any of you out there with Kensingtonmortgages please come back to me with your rate. My own Court actions may help reduce your own rates
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

I will pm you tomorrow. With this company and at one time the rates were linked to LIBOR.
    The "broker" we used was TML who were owned by them as well.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi thanks Dog tired
      The KSVR is still based on LIBOR and that is another area of investigation. I seem to have two sets of LIBOR rates from their solicitors!

Comment

sorry, will now do this tomorrow been a bit hectic!

Comment

I had two loans with them in the past - both paid off now.

Broker - Debtbuster Loans - at the time loan was taken out in February 2007 variable rate was 5.4% plus margin of 5.8% = 11.2%

Can't remember other broker (possibly can do some more digging) loan taken out January 2006 variable rate was 4.7% plus margin of 8.5% = 13.2%

Hope this helps

Comment

hi Ruby
            Were these mortgages or just short term straight loans?
            I am only looking at long term mortgages.
            thanks

Comment

They were long term mortgages...

The latter one was regulated

Comment

Hi Ruby
                The info is very interesting if these were mortgage loans were based on a Standard Variable rate they were 1% lower than what they are telling me the SVR was!
                However the extra margin they put on was extortionate compared to the normal 2.5 - 3.35 that other people have.
                if you can dig out any other rates and confirm by looking at your offer from the KMC what the mortgage is based on that would be really great.
                many thanks
                KGF

Comment

I haven't read your whole thread, but I had a long battle with Kensington 3 years after we'd settled the mortgage to get compensation.

They paid it in chunks, almost conceding point by point and paying a chunk for one point, then for another etc.... It was only when they realised we were going to keep on and on and on that they offered a sensible F&F settlement.

Comment

I will do some more digging KGF. I don't have a lot of paperwork left as these loans were paid off in 2007. It looks like they were making these rates up as they went along?! I will put my finger on the pulse on this matter as time is running out if I am to claim any compensation.

I am very interested Labman on what grounds you managed to get compensation. Could you enlighten us?

On another note, I have noticed that on my land registry records they are still listed, cheeky buggers!!! I have now written to them asking for them to remove their details as this loan is long since been paid off and we have our deeds back from their solicitors.

Comment

Ours was a secured loan. I've got all the paperwork, but neither my wife nor I can remember exactly what we pinned them down on. I remember it was a lot of work, and I'm sure unfair charges, interest rates and other things came into it.

I'll dig out the paperwork for you, but it's highly unlikely to be for a couple of weeks due to personal circumstance, unless I can get it done before Wednesday.

I have just remembered that we did a full SAR on them, and it was that which gave us all our evidence. Is this a possibility for you? Sorry, as I say, I've not read your whole thread.

Comment

Me again. I'm sure at the time there was a court ruling, or FSA or similar went against Kensington which opened the way for our claim against them.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
                        Again just remembered that the judgment or whatever it was was related to 2nd mortgages, not loans. However, I argued the case re the secured loan and they conceded eventually. I have a feeling there were fabricated visits to our house by White Horse as well. They were naughty! This will bug me till I dig out the papers now lol!
                        Last edited by labman; 4th November 2012, 19:51:PM.

Comment

PLEEEEEEEZ Labman - you have now got me going, lol.

Curiosity is seriously about to kill this cat.....

Comment

And this one! We are still with this lot and I am convinced that the two times we have had problems our interest rate and payment rate went up.
                            I also have documents that state interest rates were linked to LIBOR.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X