• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a Claim Form - what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a Claim Form - what to do?

Hi guys,

First post and to be honest I'm bricking it!

Yesterday I received what appears to be a notice from Northampton county court that a £6600 MBNA debt has been sold to Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd and that Drydens Fairfax Solicitors have applied for a CCJ.
    First a bit of background.

I divorced in 2005. As I was a bit of a plonker all of the debts from the marrage were in my name. These came to around £45k. My ex really knew how to spend and I was too much of a wuss to say no! As I was on a good wage I agreed to keep the debts for the benefit of my kids, who were resident with my ex. I maintained the minimum payments until 2009 when my contract was not renewed (no redundancy). After a couple of months on the dole I got a new job on a much lower wage.

Unfortunately I was not able to keep up the payments on my debts. I have £25k loan secured on my house, which I am paying £350 a month for. I have been forced to default on the remaining £20k. I informed my creditors of my position and cooperated as best I could. I offered to make token payments, which was refused by MBNA.

Fast forward to today.

As far as I know I have not received any letters from Drydens Fairfax regarding this. To be honest I may have done but after so many letters and with debts being sold on they tend to become a blur! I am a single father, as I have my two daughters (17 & 15 yrs), I have a reasonably well paid job but a big mortgage, secured loan, very high utility bills (old drafty house with minimal insulation) and have a daily 80 mile round trip for work. Simply put, I cannot afford to make any substantial payments and I'm worried about what the court may impose.
    I'm doing the usual Internet trawl for advice and information and hopefully will get in to Swansea or Port Talbot CAB next week. Any suggestions on what else I should do and what I can expect?

Thanks in advance.

NovemberMike.
    Last edited by NovemberMike; 26th October 2012, 09:44:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Received a Claim Form - what to do?

Did you receive a Default Notice and/or termination notice from MBNA prior to them selling the debt? If so what date was the DN what date was it received and what was the pay before date given in the DN, also did it ask just for payment of arrears or for the full outstanding balance - Its info needed to determine if the DN was valid or not.

If you haven't received a DN from MBNA then that's one thing we can use as part of your defense.

For now though you need to acknowledge the claim and send a CPR31.14 request to the claimants solicitors - Then once you receive a response we can start helping you with your defense.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ow-Global-MBNA

have a nose at this thread just started

its MBNA and arrow as well

Comment

Is there any equity in your house (value of house minus amount of mortgage and amount of any secured loans)?

Comment

Hi NovemberMike

If this debt is enforced via a CCJ, you will need to submit a income/expenditure form to the Court to set repayments at a reasonable level.

Challenge and resist every stage of this by the advice recommended so far.

Best of luck
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X