• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

default notice on my credit file from aktiv capital for a debt i don't recognise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default notice on my credit file from aktiv capital for a debt i don't recognise

Hi all, I am looking for some help with the following please :
    I have recently obtained an online credit report from callcredit through noddle.co.uk. On this report I noticed a default had been added by a company called Aktiv Kapital. The default states that the account was opened on 17/04/2000 and the date of default was 22/05/07 (I don't believe this date is correct as I have no accounts or credit that was being used between those 2 dates that subsequently went into default) and the balance was £299. I have no idea what account this default relates to, the only info on the credit reference is that it was apparantly a bank account and it gives the last 4 digits of the account number which I don't recognise. I have never received any correspondence from Aktiv in regards to any debt. As far as I know I don't owe the money they are asking for and even if I did I think it would be statute barred now given that it relates to an account opened in 2000, is this correct?
    I would like to get the default removed from my credit file but am concerned that if it turns out I do owe the debt I may restart the clock on the statute barring process by contacting Aktiv for further info. I have already logged a dispute on my credit record with callcredit stating that I am not aware of this debt and don't believe that I owe the money in question and they have said they will investigate and contact me within 28 days. Can anyone confirm whether the debt is statute barred and suggest any further steps that I can take to have the default removed from my credit file? Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Tags: None

Re: default notice on my credit file from aktiv capital for a debt i don't recognise

to be honest

for the sake of six montys when it will be removed, i would keep your head down

it could take six months to get the default removed anyway if the debt agency objects to you letter to the credit agency

why awake a hornets nest

Comment

Re: default notice on my credit file from aktiv capital for a debt i don't recognise

to be honest

for the sake of six montys when it will be removed, i would keep your head down

it could take six months to get the default removed anyway if the debt agency objects to you letter to the credit agency

why awake a hornets nest
      I guess this is probably the safe course but I'm trying to apply for a balance transfer on a credit card coz I'm paying a ridiculously high apr on my current card and would like the default removed before then if possible.

Comment

Ok, so having put the default in dispute with Callcredit through the noddle website on 25/10/12 I have now received a letter from a company called CCS Collect advising that they are chasing this debt on behalf of their client Aktiv Capital. They give no further details as regards who the original debt was to and simply ask for me to make payment or contact them if there is a reason why payment hasn't been made. I am certain that I don't owe this debt and that even if I did it would be statute barred as my credit file gives the account start date as 2000 and the default date as 2007 and I had no credit that went into default between those 2 dates. I assume I should send a prove it or statute barred letter but as I'm certain that I don't owe this debt I want the default removing from my credit file which it doesn't seem that either of these letters would be sufficient to do? Can anyone offer any further advice as to how I can proceed with this and get the default removed? Thanks in advance.

Rob

Comment

with all due respect

for the sake of six months, you were advised to leave this well alone

i do hope you have not given your phone number to the credit agencies etc

they will not leave you alone now with the poss of a court claim as well as they know its allmost statute barred

Comment

As stated in my first post I had already logged the dispute with callcredit prior to posting here so this situation would have happened anyway regardless of your previous advice, it is not that I ignored your previous post, simply that I had already taken steps to try and remove what I believe to be fraudulent information from my credit record. I am asking for advice on how to deal with the situation as it is now, simply stating you should have left this alone, whilst perhaps true, is not very helpful.

Rob

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X