• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW Group

JBW Group clamp my car about 5 am this morning for a £175 fine I was given a Mobile number to call to get the clamp removed,The mobile phone number goes to voice mail.

The notice said that I have 24 hours to contact them if not the car will be removed??? When I came home from work about 2.30 pm the car had been taken.

When I called JBW Group main Telephone number the said that I had to call the bailiff direct Mr Hewett Telephone number. He asked to me,if he could call me back in 10 minutes, surprise he

did not call back?

I called him back and the fine increase from £567.04 to £837.04 and I will have to go to somewhere in Essex which he did not know the address,were my car could be collected. I agreed to pay the fine to

collect my car and He was unwilling to meet me as he only works until 1 pm and said that I can collect it tomorrow as the impound closes at 5 pm?

He was doing his best to make sure that could not collect my car??

Is it Legal to do this and get away with it?

Kind regards
    Last edited by Celestine; 15th November 2012, 18:14:PM. Reason: Bailiff phone number removed. Name not removed unless named in error.
    Tags: None

Re: JBW Group

From what you have said, it sounds very much that JBW have acted not only unfairly, but the seizure of your car may well be unlawful, too. JBW have form for doing this sort of thing. It sounds like you have not been given an opportunity to pay.

When did you first become aware of the fine and what correspondence have you received from the local authority concerned and JBW prior to your car being clamped and removed?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X