• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Out of the Blue MMF Robot Call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Blue MMF Robot Call

First out I hope this is the right place to post this thread.

Lately my flatmate and I have been receiving a lot of junk calls. Marketting mostly. Today though there was a call from something calling itself MMF about a home visit. On hearing yet another pre-recorded call I put the phone down, but as it had sounded a little different in tone to the others I googled to find out what MMF was and if other people had been getting calls. Alarmingly I found information that they are some sort of debt collectors. As neither myself nor my flatmate have any currently outstanding debts, as far as I'm aware, this is a very confusing and not a little worrying call to receive.

Are these just clowns fishing for an easy telephone target or are they going to come to the door?

On a side note; after the call I have registered our number with the Telephone Preference Service so hopefully the junk calls will subside.
    Tags: None

Re: Out of the Blue MMF Robot Call

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sage&highlight=

have a nose

the saga is ongoing

Comment

I'm attaching a copy of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. These are very useful ammunition to have in your armoury to deal with cerebrally-challenged idiots like MMF. I'm also attaching a copy of a document that takes you through the process of formally-complaining to OFT Credit Fitness Team against a bailiff, but the process is virtually identical for DCAs.
      Attached Files
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thankyou both.

:/ I was hoping their fishing had ended but just now recieved a different robotic message telling me essentially that as we hadn't contacted them they would be sending someone around at an unspecified time. Thinking of just unplugging the phone for all the use it's been. It was only installed when we got Virgin Broadband in September and the only calls have been marketers and this lot. I myself have only lived here since September. I don't owe these people a thing and as far as I'm aware nor does my flatmate. I can't speak for his previous flatmates but having read about the behaviour of this lot I am inclined to believe that they do not owe either.

I'm not exactly sure what to say to the OFT. I have no letters or recordings of the phone messages from them. Do I need to try and get something like this to send to the OFT?

Comment

Looks to me if like us the number you have is recycled from a previous customer we get calls from debt cos and others to someone who had or gave out the number and never lived at thi address not a lot anyone can do i think

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X