• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fuel prices to rise again this winter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel prices to rise again this winter

So the fuel companies are putting up prices again this winter. The government needs to set up a new regulater as the current obviously is not up to their job.

This robbery needs to stop ,households are struggleing to get by now and this increase will push a lot of people over the edge. It's so wrong when you got to chose from heating or food in this day and age. Just for greedy energy companies to make more profits.
    Tags: None

Re: Fuel prices to rise again this winter

Hi - well I haven't heard of any intervention by the government and I think British Gas prices go up soon don't they? I have just worked out that I will have to give more than 50% of my benefit income to BG to feed their meters - the DWP monies paid are for the upkeep of those in need temporarily and there are laws about that not being ring fenced by companies - so why do BG get to do this to thousands of consumers? I do not have excessive use either - my sums are based on 30% usage in any 24 hr period - can't afford any more.

Comment

Eon are obviously putting their prices up and have also suggested that my monthly direct debit needs to increase by 40% to account for the level of use (we are using a bit more, but only about 10%) - needless to say I have told them that I will simply cancel my direct debit and will go elsewhere. They have come back with a proposed lower payment, but I will need to speak to them about it.
      I'll post updates.

Comment

Fuel, travel fares, water, food - all up. Hold on, I think I forgot something else... Oh yes, shareholder returns and bank bonuses. But of course the last two are important because "they go to pension funds and get re-invested in the economy". That's alright then...

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
          Fuel, travel fares, water, food - all up. Hold on, I think I forgot something else... Oh yes, shareholder returns and bank bonuses. But of course the last two are important because "they go to pension funds and get re-invested in the economy". That's alright then...
          Don,t matter how much goes into the econmy our bills still go up and up. When and if we come out of this recession will the prices stop going up. No I DON'T THINK SO they will go up more because "the cost of living has gone down and we will be earning more so we can afford to pay more". We all know in real terms for the working man its bolderdash . If we do get any extra pennies in our pockets the tax rate will go up to top up the M.P. 's expenses and pension funds.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X