• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AA posting garbage on private parking tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA posting garbage on private parking tickets

http://www.theaa.com/public_affairs/...vate-land.html

have a nose at this link

seems the AA does not understand contract law and is advising people who receive a ticket from a private parking company to pay

The relevant case law is Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co. Ltd -v- New Garage & Motor Co. Ltd 1915. that goes against private parking comapnies

their is also the HMRC decision about a private parking company not being party to the land owner

www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/1914/1.html

The basic thrust of the judgement in the case stated is that any damages you claim can only put you in the same position you were in before any alleged loss was incurred/tort committed. In short, you must have suffered actual loss and be able to quantify that loss. Consumer Protection legislation deals with penalty clauses in consumer contracts. With PPCs operating on private land, a lot of the demand-o-grams and threat-o-grams they send out are, in my considered judgement, difficult, if not, impossible to justify or enforce as Parking Eye, OPC and Vehicle Control Services have found to their cost. Some PPCs are not beyond encouraging and instructing their employees to brazenly lie to motorists, as I have discovered.

HOW CAN THE AA PRINT THIS GARBAGE
    Last edited by miliitant; 3rd October 2012, 15:52:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: AA posting garbage on private parking tickets

Grrrr, I'll give their Press Office a call tomorrow.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Has the CAB updated it's guidance, if so, what to?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Has anybody a link to the HMRC link about ppc and private land case law decion that supported the decision on bogus claims and consequential loss

Comment

As I understand it at the moment, the whole argument, and the myriad of petitions against Schedule 4 of the new legislation and off the top of my head Section 56 was that if the legislation was enacted, it undermined previous case law. Nevertheless the legislation is in place.

This is the link currently in this site's Parking Guide:

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publication...ng-charges.pdf

I would certainly welcome a discussion on this as to what is the best way forward to suggest to any members who now incur a Parking Charge Notice. A Google of "Parking charge notices and the protection of freedoms act" brings up a vast wealth of information. Ploughing through it and making sense of it is something of a minefield.

I've also posted a link below to the Appeals Organisation:

http://popla.org.uk/FAQs.htm

The above link makes an assumption that one has taken note of the ticket in the first place. Is it still a speculative invoice, or has this legislation given licence to PPC's, thus undermining much previous law?

Comment

Thats the question

is their new STATUTE LAW now that overides previous statute/case law

as i see it, their is not but i will be the first to hold my hand up if i am mistaken and accept it

Comment

Here's where I am at present Militant for what it's worth. All the Act says is that PPCs may "pursue" the Registered Keeper "for recovery of legitimate parking charges" if a driver is not named.

The burden of proving that there was a legitimate charge, and not an unlawlful penalty, still rests with the PPC, whether it's the Registered Keeper or the driver who is involved.

However, there will undoubtedly be a good few cases going before the County Courts (it is still civil) over coming weeks and months, and it is the outcome of these which will really show the way forward. A Parking Charge Notice is currently issued every 4.25 seconds in the UK, so I'm sure there will be a good few candidates. Until we know the outcome of those cases (which will obviously be through hearsay and the press not official records as none are kept for County Courts) most responsible organisations seem to be erring on the side of caution. It may cost their members a 'little' money in the short term, equally it may save them a lot of money longer term.

Watching this will be interesting, and it will fascinating to see who will be the first PPC to dip their toe in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                Has the CAB updated it's guidance, if so, what to?
                No! I understand a close eye is being kept though on various reliable sources.

Comment

From what I have read in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Parliament has put a number of obstacles in the way of PPCs. As Labman correctly states, the onus of proof lies on the PPC to prove the charge is legitimate and is not an unlawful penalty. I have no doubt a lot of PPCs will claim the penalty charges are lawful, but my gut-feeling is that this particular part of PoFA will be quickly repealed as it will, I suspect, be subject to widespread abuse by PPCs.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X