• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales final notice- help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales final notice- help please

Hello

I'm new to the forum but need some advice, yesterday I received a final notice for council tax non payment with a total of £2473. A few weeks ago someone attended and put a payment by installments letter through as well as a levy on my car (now parked a few streets away!) I filled in the form and posted it back with my offer (the stated debt was 1400 then). I can't afford to pay it all as we have no spare cash and a little one.
    The baliff has at no point been into my house

Please help me
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales final notice- help please

Ur in the right place someone will be around soon I'll put a shout out for you
    nic xo

Comment

Have you asked Rossendales for a written breakdown of debt and fees? They need to explain the £1,073 over and above the original debt of £1,400. It is excessive to say the least. You should also be aware that Rossendales have "form" for excessive fees and fees the law does not permit them to charge.

The following link will provide you with a guide to dealing with Council Tax bailiffs and a further link to a suitable letter to request a breakdown of fees: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You also need to find out exactly what you owe as confirmed by the Council. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
        1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
        2 - the dates they were obtained
        3 - the addresses they were for
        4 - the period of time each covers
        5 - how much each one was for
        6 - how much is still outstanding
        7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
        8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Comment

Thanks for your help

I have written (well emailed and sent recorded) a letter to Rossendales asking for a breakdown of fees. And I rang the council for the info above but they said it had to be a written request so I have emailed and written to them too.
          My car is still parked well away from the house.

I do have a question though, My husband has a car for work, its not registered to us Its registered to the lease company and we have no documents for it. Is it ok to park that on the drive? They cant take it as its not ours but I'm not sure!

Comment

If the car is registered to the leasing company then a DVLA search (if they bother to run one) will show that, so it should be ok to park it outside your house.

Pepsie

Comment

Originally posted by pepsie View Post
              If the car is registered to the leasing company then a DVLA search (if they bother to run one) will show that, so it should be ok to park it outside your house.

Pepsie
              Its definitely registered to them, as when we had a parking fine it went to the lease company rather than direct to us.
              Thats good to know thanks!

Comment

When did you write to the Bailiffs? I find it is better to email as well.

Comment

If Rossendales behave like idiots and try and levy on the car, it will be invalid as well as illegal. If they do something really stupid, like try to remove the car, dial 999 and call the police. Make it clear to the police that it belongs to a leasing company and that certificated bailiffs are not allowed to seize goods not belonging to the debtor. Doing that amounts to Theft or Attempted Theft.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    When did you write to the Bailiffs? I find it is better to email as well.
                    I did it today sent recorded and emailed it to them too. Same for the council.

Thanks bluebottle, it really helps to know they can't touch the company car.

Comment

Originally posted by Katc07 View Post
                      I did it today sent recorded and emailed it to them too. Same for the council.

In that case you will have to wait and see what comes back. Please note that this does not prevent them visiting during the meantime.

Comment

So today I got a reply from Rossendales as following

Thank you for your email.

On case 6587561 the current balance is £870.66.

A first visit fee of £24.50 was incurred on August 6th 2012 at 11.27. Mr. D attended.

A levy fee of £63.00 was incurred on August 21st, 2012 at 11.28. Mr. D also attended. Mr. D was certified at Burnley court on 13.02.12

On case 5836184 the current balance is £1446.63.

A first visit fee of £24.50 was incurred on August 11th, 2011 at 9.43. Mr. K attended.

A second visit fee of £18.00 was incurred on August 24th, 2011 at 11.08. Mr. K attended. He was certified at Burnley court on 12.07.11

A levy fee of £48.00 and a van fee of £110.00 was incurred on May 23rd, 2012. Mr. N attended. He was certified at Taunton Court on 01.08.11.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Still nothing from the council although I have paid them £325 now directly through their website
                        Last edited by Katc07; 5th October 2012, 09:02:AM.

Comment

May I suggest you edit your last post to remove the names.

Comment

Noting you have 2 accounts with them they are also claiming to have made a levy on each account. Can you list the goods seized exactly as described on their Notice of Seizure? Your second account also seems to suggest a "Van Fee" being charged at the same time he made his levy, this is a no-no as Rossendales well know, but lets have a look at what they have levied on first.

Comment

The first time - Mr D levied on my Husbands company car

The second time they levied on my personal car which is now parked well out of the way

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X