• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier park

I just got letter from premier park,as while i was on hoilday in cornwall last week 22-09-12 i pulled into a carpark while the missus walk across road to pick up the cornish pasties that we ordered day before as we was leaving to come home, i never noticed any warning signs about parking there, i never left the car and if noticed a sign or was told not to park there would of moved the car, now got letter with 100 pound fine showing picture of my car entrying and leaving the car park, if not paid in 28 days be £150 plus futher admin costs, is there any way i can dispute this
    Tags: None

Re: Premier park

Yes. Check the letter to see if they are acting on behalf of a local authority. If they are not, file in a safe place and ignore. These letters are speculative invoices and unenforceable. If they start sending further demand-o-grams or threat-o-grams, come back onto this thread.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.premierpark.co.uk/clients.htm

Mainly private car parking services but they do work for Exeter and Teignmouth Councils.

Does the Notice say Parking Charge Notice or Penalty Charge Notice?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

enclosed copy of said letter
        Attached Files

Comment

Phew, it's a Parking Charge Notice. (very small text at bottom with payment details)

Ignore

Ahhh Perranporth, spent all my childhood camping between Perranporth and St Agnes. Favourite part of the world
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

cheers mate yeah love perranporth go every year take kids there

Comment

Contravention: Unauthorised entry

That's a new one, how would you know that until you'd read their terms and conditions, which as far as I can see is on one notice at the far end of the car park

http://goo.gl/maps/M2y6c

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
                Contravention: Unauthorised entry

That's a new one, how would you know that until you'd read their terms and conditions, which as far as I can see is on one notice at the far end of the car park

http://goo.gl/maps/M2y6c

Hi guys -

We got nabbed in the same carpark in Perranporth this summer, after only having sat in car with engine running (not "parked") while my wife nipped out to return keys. Didn't see any parking signs at all!! (hardly obvious on above map link either - thanks)! Given advice on this and other forums, we emailed PP to say we did not recognise their penalty notice because their letters did not have a proper company registration number nor place of registration and registered office address (PO Box is not acceptable). We got a reply saying a formal appeal was required, which we will keep for evidence of receipt, but emailed back to say that we are not appealing because we do not recognise their company status.

We now have a letter from some national debt collector, on behalf of PP, giving us 7 days to pay before they initiate legal proceedings. Would be prepared to fight this in court, if it gets that far, but any advice from anyone in a similar situation much appreciated!?

Thanks for any help
                Rik

PS Shame - because we love Perranporth too - and now memory is tainted...

Comment

This lot may be making the same expensive mistakes Parking Eye, Vehicle Control Systems and OPC have made. You are right to refuse to pay when their company status is in question and they avoid giving a valid postal address for service of documents.

Which DCA is involved, please?

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but what does DCA refer to?

I think we have several good arguments to contest this charge in small claims court, but my immediate question is whether we inform the Debt Collector of our intentions to contest within their stated 7 days, or just ignore until the next stage?

Comment

DCA = Debt Collection Agency

Could you, by any chance, post up the crap the DCA involved has sent you?

Comment

DCA = Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Comment

I thought as much. They seem to lurk around PPCs. At most, all the PPC is entitled to receive is the minimum parking fee, e.g. £1.00 for one hour, and no more. If Debt Recovery Plus Ltd and Premier Park don't like it, that's tough on them. They need to be warned that if they push it any further, they risk having any claim over and above any parking fee struck-out and a costs order made against them. They may also face enforcement action from Trading Standards.

Comment

We did reply to the DCA saying that we are prepared to fight this in court, and they have replied asking us to forward the evidence we have against the penalty notice. I am happy to send the (long) list of the arguments we have amassed against the original PPC, but am not sure whether we should include our photographic evidence - presumably that might undermine our case should it proceed to court?

Comment

Can someone explain why the OP has to send any evidence to this DCA the court case if there was one would be between PP and the OP any evidence from both sides would be presentend to the court the DCa would have no part in the case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X