• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

IN THE XXXXXX COUNTY COURT

CLAIM BUMBER XXXXX

BETWEEN
    ARROW GLOBAL
    CLAIMANT
    V

LIZZ1
    DEFENDANT
    DEFENCE

1. This claim is neither admitted nor denied with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement or contract referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement' or contract) the Claimant has yet to disclose any Agreement or contract as to the defendants CPR 31.14 Request. The claim fails to disclose any cause of action and is extremely vague in nature. The claim fails to deal with the basic rules of CPR, even allowing the constraints of a bulk issuer.

2. The defendant has absolutely no knowledge of any debt, and despite asking for proof a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

3. No documents supporting this claim in the particulars have been attached despite a request under CPR 31.14, and as a result of this, the defendant is unable to plead in defence to this claim.

4. Without clarification of the claimants claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and the claimants claim appers to be without merit. The defendant asks to to be allowed to submit a complete defence should the claimant provide copies of the original document he will rely on.

5. The particulars of claim are denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement or contract with the Claimant; and
    (b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and
    (c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. Furthermore, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 and 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and Section 82 (a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. The claimant has failed to comply with sections 111 AND 1V of the pre action conduct "practice directions"

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

10. For advoidance of doubt, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all to the particulars of claim

Statement ofTruth

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence of claim to be true.

Dated this 18th October 2012.

now remember to fill your name in as defendant
    and what county court (in the xxx county court)
    and case number

thanks ALHAM, i do tend to get carried away and forget the obvious
    Last edited by miliitant; 18th October 2012, 12:03:PM.

Comment

How about.

I have absolutely no knowledge of any debt, despite my asking for proof a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

D

Comment

Looks good. Lizzy, remember to send a copy to the claimant.

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
          How about.

I have absolutely no knowledge of any debt, despite my asking for proof a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

D
          thanks davy

ill put that inn on point 2

NOW ALL DONE
          Last edited by miliitant; 18th October 2012, 11:19:AM.

Comment

How about.

I have absolutely no knowledge of any debt, and despite my asking for proof that a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

D
            Sorry for being pedantic but either of the two inserted words should be used to tie in with the text of the Defence

Comment

i have played a bit more with the defence

comments please

lets get it bang on

Comment

Point 7. Why section 82 of the CCA?

D

Comment

Being very thick today - where is the latest bit?

Comment

i put in an extra paragraph, and removed a bit :tinysmile_aha_t:

ime looking at using the above as some sort of template for people with future claims as well

it all helps

Comment

Point 7. Why section 82 of the CCA?

D
                      82 (A)
                      Where rights of a creditor under a regulated consumer credit agreement are assigned to a third party, the assignee must arrange for notice of the assignment to be given to the debtor

do you think that is not relevant

i put 82 when it should be 82 (a)

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post

CLAIM BUMBER XXXXX

BETWEEN
                        ARROW GLOBAL
                        CLAIMANT
                        V

LIZZ1
                        DEFENDANT
                        DEFENCE

1. This claim is neither admitted nor denied with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement or contract referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement' or contract) the Claimant has yet to disclose any Agreement or contract as to the defendants CPR 31.14 Request. The claim fails to disclose any cause of action and is extremely vague in nature. The claim fails to deal with the basic rules of CPR, even allowing for the constraints of a bulk issuer.

2. The defendant has absolutely no knowledge of any debt, and despite
                        my asking for proof that a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

3. No documents supporting this claim have been offered
                        (attached?)
                        in the particulars despite a request under CPR 31.14, and as a result of this,i amthe Defendant is unable to plead in defence to this claim.

4. Without clarification of the claimants claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and the claimants claim appe
                        ars to be without merit. The defendant asks to to be allowed to submit ( complete defence) {fully particularised defence} should the claimant provide copies of the original document he will rely on.

5. The particulars of claim are denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement or contract with the Claimant; and
                        (c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

(Furthermore, if) {On the alternative, as} the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 and 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and Section 82 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. The claimant has failed to comply with
                        any, as far is necessary, with sections 111 AND 1V of the pre action conduct "practice directions"

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

For avoidance of doubt, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all to the particulars of claim

Statement ofTruth

and case number

Just a few blimps, I suggest that text in blue is removed, red are my suggestions and (text) should replace {text}

Comment

Sorry, point 7 should be "Furthermore, even if"

Comment

i have done the changes

comments please

Comment

CLAIM BUMBER XXXXX

BETWEEN
                              ARROW GLOBAL
                              CLAIMANT
                              V

LIZZ1
                              DEFENDANT
                              DEFENCE

1. This claim is neither admitted nor denied with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement or contract referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement' or contract) the Claimant has yet to disclose any Agreement or contract as to the defendants CPR 31.14 Request. The claim fails to disclose any cause of action and is extremely vague in nature. The claim fails to deal with the basic rules of CPR, even allowing the constraints of a bulk issuer.

2. The defendant has absolutely no knowledge of any debt, and despite asking for proof a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.

3. No documents supporting this claim in the particulars have been attached despite a request under CPR 31.14, and as a result of this, the defendant is unable to plead in defence to this claim.

4. Without clarification of the claimants claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and the claimants claim appers to be without merit. The defendant asks to to be allowed to submit a complete defence should the claimant provide copies of the original document he will rely on.

7. Furthermore, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 and 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925 and Section 82 (a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. The claimant has failed to comply with sections 111 AND 1V of the pre action conduct "practice directions"

10. For advoidance of doubt, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all to the particulars of claim

Statement ofTruth

and case number

Comment

You both have worked very hard thank you so much. Do I send a copy to the solicitor or arrow?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X