• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

And make sure you send a copy to the court!!! Copy court on all your communications.

Comment

their is no need to give a court your copy at this stage,
      all documentation is given to the court and claimant when the court bundle is exchanged post AQ stage

the only exception would be an application notice with a directions hearing

Comment

I politely disagree - copying court on all correspondence EXCEPT "without prejudice" means that: a) court is aware of all steps taken immediately, b) when applying for directions or notices court can deal with them on paper, thus speeding things up, c) the other side can't claim things are otherwise. I know because I've had a judgement where "AND UPON reading the correspondence between the parties..." to which they would not have had access as we were in legal doldrums.

Comment

I have sent another copy to the solicitor recorded delivery today just incase arrow fail to pass it on?

Not sure about the court?

thanks

Comment

In my opinion it not going to hurt and can be useful as they can't go to court behind your back and claim that you are not responding...Also, do remember that you still have to lodge the defence within 28 calendar days of the claim receipt, and unless you hear from the other party with requested details your defence becomes very easy " the defendant is unable to admit or deny any and all of the claim as she/he has no knowledge of the debt claimed, and the claimant was unable to provide details substantiating the claim, requested under CPR 31.14 in the letter of <date>. " Than hit them with an application for summary dismissal of the case on the same grounds.

Comment

Re: Arrow &amp; Court Papers What to do?

please confirm the date the claim was issued on the N1 CLAIM FORM

i make it 2 weeks to have the defence inn by going by your posts unless an extension is granted as to CPR 15.5 by the claimant

Comment

I concur with militant, dates ARE important.

Comment

Sorry for delay in getting back. The issue date is the 17th Sept? Thanks for helping.

Comment

we need to get the defence in soon. i hate the embarrassed defence but we have no choice, its a bit late to do an application and directions request, we will do that at the AQ stage me thinks

so issue date is the 17th, so plus five for service gives us 22nd september
                    14 days to acknowledge gives us to to the 6th oct, then 14 days onto the 6th gives us till the 20th october

Comment

So I have till the 20th Oct to put my defence in so what do I do next?

Comment

Lizzy, how are you getting on with your defence?

Comment

Haven't done anything more was waiting to hear back from arrow or restons and today I have received a reply from restons letter attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if i've attached this correctly can you read it?

Comment

ill deal with your defence tomorrow evening if you like

that letter from the sols is pure bluster, thats all

Comment

It didn't make sense to me and I wouldn't have a glue on how to reply - thank you so much looking forward to hearing from you later.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X