• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bankruptcy petition from llowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy petition from llowells

Llowells seem to have bought a Barclay card and capital on debt ,and are taking me to court
    i have offered to pay them every month ,but they will not except it ,

After a number of emails and receiving no reply I phoned them, they offered a payment plan which I cannot possible afford , intact one of the payment plans was a one off payment of £4,000 and monthly payments of a £1,000 over six months , I am unable to pay this they have recieved my income and outgoings details and still want this amount . I was even told to ask family or friends for this money
    Tags: None

Re: Bankruptcy petition from llowells

Okay, Kassy. From what you say, Lowells are in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. I am going to attach a copy of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines to this post. Look through them and make a note of the breaches Lowells have committed. This will need to be reported to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards as Lowells are in breach of their OFT Debt Collection Licence. Once you have done that, please come back onto this thread and list the breaches of the OFT Guidelines. We can then see what further advice you need. In the meantime, I'll rally the troops.
    Attached Files
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks k

Comment

Hi again Kassy,

I've just posted on your other thread, so won't repeat what I said there.

You need to know one thing and ask yourself a question to another thing.

1. It costs nothing to issue a Statutory Demand for Bankruptcy. It is very scary to receive one, trust me I know! However, DCA's have been criticised heavily for issuing them as a threat.

2. It would cost Lowells a substantial amount of money to make you bankrupt. What would they get from it? Nothing. They have possibly already spent money purchasing the debt, they are unlikely to spend more writing it off for you.

Keep these two things at the forefront of your mind when reflecting on the debt, or when you get scared about it. I think the two things, combined with what I said on the other thread, put the debt back into perspective.

Comment

I have been through the guidelines, and they are definitely pressing me to pay more than I can afford, it is almost all my wage for 6 months,they are not allowing for alternative affordable payments over a reasonable time.
          I have not recieved any emails or letters saying that my offer of payment has been declined, just one email asking me to phone them and to send details of my income and outgoings which they already had received. During this phone call I was asked to see if I could get the £4,000 or £2,000, off my family or friends.
          I have never been informed that Lowell had bought this debt just started getting letters of them and the court date will be next Tuesday
          Thank you
          K

Comment

Then they are in clear breach of OFT regulations and this MUST be reported to OFT Credit Fitness Team as well as your local Trading Standards. I am attaching a guide as to how to go about reporting a bailiff company to OFT, but the procedure is more or less the same as for a DCA.

You will need to quote the following details in your complaint -

Company Name: Lowell Financial
            CCA Licence No.: 0528607

You should forward a copy of the email to OFT Credit Fitness Team to your local Trading Standards. I would strongly advise you to speak to a legal professional at your local Law Centre or Community Legal Service office before next Tuesday. The court needs to be made aware of what Lowells have done. If they have not complied with rules governing SDs, the judge may throw it straight back at them. But do seek professional legal advice before next Tuesday.
            Attached Files
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X