• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMC Rule Consultation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CMC Rule Consultation

Brilliant, thanks EXC
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Excellent Exc, that is very comprehensive and many thanks for completing this and getting it in on time.

Comment

Dear Mr EXC,

Thank you very much for the response and contribution to the consultation.

We will consider the response accordingly. It is our intention to publish our response to the consultation towards the end of the year which will set out the final changes, hopefully in December.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Mr Ashley Palmer
        Policy & Regulation Manager
        Claims Management Regulation | Corporate Performance Group
        Ministry Of Justice | 4.15 - Zone B | 102 Petty France | London | SW1H 9AJ

Comment

Here's the BBA's response to the consultation.

Although it makes many of the same points as ours, at the very end it says:

In addition to our general comments outlined at the start of this consultation response, the BBA would welcome a simple measure to speed up the process for consumers represented by CMCs: we believe that CMCs should be required to provide the name of the product and account/reference number as a minimum level of detail when making a complaint to a financial institution.

It's unbelievable that they want to be able to dismiss complaints outright on the basis that the claimant is unable to remember the account/reference number.
          Attached Files

Comment

What has been happening the CMC's have been putting in bogus claims to banks and institutions where there is no claim, account no ect, this has casued further backlogs for the banks etc. This was highlighted in one of the MOJ's authorisation bulletin updates which I have posted up a sticky on the MOJ have warned the CMC's about this - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...12-bulletin-15. The thing is the CMC will charge an upfront fee for each claim they make so by them making bogus claims they were getting more money upfront with the client not knowing whether they had PPI or not.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Here's the BBA's response to the consultation.

Although it makes many of the same points as ours, at the very end it says:

In addition to our general comments outlined at the start of this consultation response, the BBA would welcome a simple measure to speed up the process for consumers represented by CMCs: we believe that CMCs should be required to provide the name of the product and account/reference number as a minimum level of detail when making a complaint to a financial institution.

It's unbelievable that they want to be able to dismiss complaints outright on the basis that the claimant is unable to remember the account/reference number.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              What has been happening the CMC's have been putting in bogus claims to banks and institutions where there is no claim, account no ect, this has casued further backlogs for the banks etc. This was highlighted in one of the MOJ's authorisation updates which I have posted up a sticky on the MOJ have warned the CMC's about this. The thing is the CMC will charge an upfront fee for each claim they make so by them making bogus claims they were getting more money upfront with the client not knowing whether they had PPI or not.
              Yes I understand that but as most PPI complaints are handled by CMCs, the BBA's proposal would mean that there would be a very large number of genuine complaints that banks could dismiss becuase they couldn't be bothered to check that a customer had PPI or not by reference to their name & address.

Comment

The MOJ have issued a consultation document which includes proposals for the funding framework for the Legal Ombudsman.

CMCs will have the cost of financing LeO added to their MOJ authorisation fee plus they'll have to pay LeO a case fee of £400 per complaint they deal with.

From the projected figures it looks like they're expecting to deal with around 1500 cases a year - the MOJ currently get around 1200 complaints.

https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digit...companies-fees

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Fantastic news but what about upfront fees and insurance?

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                    The MOJ have issued a consultation document which includes proposals for the funding framework for the Legal Ombudsman.

CMCs will have the cost of financing LeO added to their MOJ authorisation fee plus they'll have to pay LeO a case fee of £400 per complaint they deal with.

From the projected figures it looks like they're expecting to deal with around 1500 cases a year - the MOJ currently get around 1200 complaints.

https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digit...companies-fees

Comment

Upfront fees were covered in the last consultation and they'll definately be banned. Insurance isn't on the table - at least yet.

Comment

I know I am too late with my comments but a simple escrow account would solve a lot of problems.

Comment

I dunno if a response from a guy whose 'capacity' is as a voluntary member of Legal Beagles counts - but they got one from me, anywayz.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X