• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eon putting up DD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eon putting up DD

Hi all
    Eon are my supplier I cook electric have no gas heating is oil
    They have reviewed my account and have put it up to £149 a month
    How do I get them to reduce it they say they have calculated my usage to generate the figure
    Its so annoying
    Tags: None

Re: Eon putting up DD

Hiya we're with British Gas and had a new boiler fitted last November, we've been paying £70 month for the gas and had a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that they are putting it up to £129 month, so I gave them a ring, had a moan as you do, and on investigation the lady said that they were still calculating on the old boiler consumption, obviously with a new one the consumption is lower, so we're now on £80 month.
    Its just an example for you hun, but give them a ring and see what can be done, don't just take it lying down, give them hell.

Comment

Hi winner what sort of contract are you on with them? I have recently changed my supplier as they were about to raise prices so I used the well known comparison site for electricity and gas and have now switched over and will be saving myself over 80 a year is this an option available to you? It's very easy to do as long as you know your energy consumption
      nic xo

Comment

Were you on a fixed deal with them that finishes this year?

Comment

Hi enaid
          I have a new online contract
          But did have a few hiccups with DD payments due to the bank fiasco in the summer and then last month having changed banks low and behold they did not pay my DD
          I owe about £132 from my previous bill that came out at the beginning of August

Comment

Well they want their £132 and that will be added to your monthly charge for now once that is paid your dd should go down.
            If you have started a new contract then check what your tariff is that may have gone up.

Comment

Hi Enaid and Sapphy
              Just rang them I`m on the best tariff at present its the fiasco with the bank so will grin an bear it again its my 1 step forward 2 back again

Comment

Thought it would be what you owe they want that back pronto so to speak, make sure you keep your eye on it though and as soon as you are straight give them a bell about your dd.

Comment

I can say from experience they will put up figures from September to February as you will start to use more electricity during the colder months for heating.A simple call to your supplier will know doubt confirm this.They are basically trying to cover the extra amount you will be paying during this period.

Comment

My experience is that Eon and other utility companies expect you build up credit during the summer months so that the extra usage during the winter months is absorbed, the theory being that by the time spring comes round you are back to square one. If you owe them money now, I'm afraid an increase in the monthly costs is inevitable.
                    Interestingly, we have managed to keep our direct debit the same (at least until next June, when it is reviewed) despite a 40% increase in electric usage (extra people in the house) and a higher tarriff.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X