• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Update on HSBC Credit Card PPI Claim dating back to 1988

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on HSBC Credit Card PPI Claim dating back to 1988

Good Afternoon All,

Thought I would update you all on my PPI Claim against HSBC Credit Card.

After waiting the Full 8 Weeks to hear form HSBC, I finally rec'd a reply over the weekend.

They upheld my claim and have agreed to pay back all my premiums from when the ins started in Jan 1988.

They have agreed to pay me a MASSIVE £541.76!!:tinysmile_cry_t:

To say I am a little confused is a understatement, I have always had a balance on the Card and back in the 90's i had regular balance's of around £1500 - £2000.

The breakdown of the Claim is as follows:-

Premiums repaid £304.32
    Interest £121.13
    Simple 8% int £116.31

I would love to hear your thoughts and Comments.

Thanks

Horndog!
    Tags: None

Re: Update on HSBC Credit Card PPI Claim dating back to 1988

Hi Horndog. Check that they have actually agreed to pay ALL the PPI back to 1988, as they usually only offer to pay it from the last 6 years, and you have to fight for anything more. If that offer IS for all PPI back to 1988, then that works out at an average of approx. £1.20 PPI per month. The only accurate way to check their figures is to demand a clear and complete explanation of how they have calculated the offer, and to use a spreadsheet/calculator program to make your own calculation. You will need your own account records for this, though. If you don't have them, you can send a Data Subject Access Request, costing £10. You will usually get figures going back 6 years - sometimes more if you're lucky.

We will shortly be posting some spreadsheets in the PPI section for this, but I can post one here if you need one.

Comment

Re: Update on HSBC Credit Card PPI Claim dating back to 1988

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your post.

They have told me that this is my Full and Final Settlement and their Final Decision Letter.

Apparantley, they calculated the PPI refund on actual premiums i paid back to 2005 and the for the period from when the policy commenced until 2005 the refund is based on an average credit card balance calculation.

Also, on the letter it state's that if am dissatisfied that I have the right to refer the complaint to FOS, i have done so.

Was that the right thing to do? and should i reply to HSBC and ask for all my Data as you mention above?

thanks

Horndog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X