• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cap one - claiming charges. Need Help with Spreadsheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap one - claiming charges. Need Help with Spreadsheet

Hello All
    I need help with my spreadsheet for my claim for charges with Capital One.
    I have asked Ame for help privatley but i havent heard from her.

Can anyone help please
    Tags: None

Re: Cap one - claiming charges. Need Help with Spreadsheet

Originally posted by Flangie View Post
    Hello All
    I need help with my spreadsheet for my claim for charges with Capital One.
    I have asked Ame for help privatley but i havent heard from her.

Can anyone help please

Ame is probably busy, meantime send P.M. to Budgie with your link, he has been there with them - successful.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Ame is probably busy, meantime send P.M. to Budgie with your link, he has been there with them - successful.
      Hi mike thanks for yoUr reply, I think budgie will be busy too. He helped me with my last claim. He was briiliant as was Ame and others. Can you guide me in right place for templates including the claim spreadsheet. Perhaps if I use a new one from scratch! The problem I have is the spreadsheet is locked down so I can't see last 4 rows what has happened as it is showing values. Many thanks

Comment

Hiya

Turboman and Bill-K are the best chaps to talk spreadsheets with these days.

Cel x
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Cough !! LOL

I am still around, haven't quite popped my clogs yet !!!
          Bill and Turbo have done a lot of work with PPI calculations and they are probably the best guys to talk to if you have any problems with that type of calculation.
          I really need to get myself up to speed with PPI calculations, I have seen some goddam awful spreadsheets around ( not on here by the way ) which are just far to complicated for most people to use and do not actually calculate things correctly anyway.

As far as credit card charges reclaims are concerned then I am more than happy to assist. But please PM me ! I am not able to check the forums every day owing to work commitments but I do try and pop on every now and again to keep up with whats happening.
          The best way to get in touch is via PM. I will always try to respond within 24 hours.

Comment

Thanks Budgie

yep---we'll put up our latest ss tomorrow

one for charges---which is like mine in halifax thread (& Barclaycard)--

and one for ppi which is now totally different for ppi on credit cards---re ex 6 in appendix re fsa new handbook---not got stuff to hand tonight--but will in morning

Comment

Thanks Turbo.

My Statutory and Compound Interest spreadsheets are still on the site and still OK for use.

They are a bit hidden away now though with the new site layout. Here's a link, I will double check and update them over the next few days.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...d-CALCULATORS\

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                Thanks Turbo.

My Statutory and Compound Interest spreadsheets are still on the site and still OK for use.

They are a bit hidden away now though with the new site layout. Here's a link, I will double check and update them over the next few days.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-SPREADSHEETS-and-CALCULATORS\
                cheers----i had a bit of a disagreement with barclaycard-they reckoned they were paying compound-but they calculated it at simple using contractual rate--see here

will update link in morning budgie

Comment

Hi Flangie - Yep, Ame and Budgie have been busy with other stuff lately, but it's good to see Bud popping by. Turbo and I kinda popped in to 'stand in' for Bud while he was away. I agree that keeping the spreadies simple to use is important, because many people are just petrified by the sight of a spready. This has been a point of much 'discussion' 'twixt the gorilla and the man in tights, because there is no 'one-size-fits-all' spready we can use with PPI claims.

If Budgie is now able to stick around and help, then that would be great. If not, then you have Turbo and me. Are you now able to stick around, Budgie ? If so, then I would be privileged to assist you. If not, then do please let us know, as there is a need for some consistency with these PPI claims, as Flangie has demonstrated.

Comment

Hi Bill,

My earlier post on the thread makes it quite clear that I cannot be around much owing to work commitments but that I am more than happy to assist anyone that might need some help with credit card charge claims.
                    Flangie's original request was for assistance with reclaiming credit card charges and not PPI.

As far as PPI spreadsheets are concerned, I do look forward to seeing your latest PPI spreadsheet though ( which Turboman said he would be posting yesterday ) and I do totally agree with your comments regarding consistency with PPI claims. Every claim is certainly different and there cannot be a one off spreadsheet that suits all types of PPI claims. I am honestly a bit out of touch with the principals being used for PPI refund calculations but am keen to learn and understand more and get myself up to date and would then and would be pleased to try and be of assistance to you and Turboman in this respect.
                    Last edited by Budgie; 19th September 2012, 21:45:PM.

Comment

Bud - you're always on the ball with this stuff - someone who is well in touch with the legalities, but can tolerate the 'geekiness' of the maths side of things, too. A rare being (fortunately - some might say !!! ) I'm not sure who brought up the subject of PPI here, but perhaps I should check. Meanwhile, I apologise to Flangie if their thread has been effectively hi-jacked by a PPI discussion. Cel simply referred to Turbo and myself in the clear absence of your good self, lately. I'm sure she didn't intend you to choke on whatever beverage you sprayed your screen with, good sir !!!

The problem with charges now seems to be that the banks seem to have have effectively 'secured' the £12 position - even though this was NOT the FSA 'ruling.' However - with any charges reclaim, I will always ask if PPI was possibly mis-sold. The reason being that this may then open the door to another route through which to reclaim those charges as 'consequential losses.' With the revised method of calculating Credit Card PPI, using a 'Notional' Card Balance, we have an implied acceptance of this, I believe. But this is a battle still to be lost and won. I believe Turbo has organised a discussion area for this recently, and I look forward to a good old chin-wag with you.

As regards spreadsheets for reclaiming penalty charges only, then Budgie's ones are still the official LB 'Library' spreadies, as far as I know, and "I commend them to the house" !!! I have every confidence that Budgie will be fully able to respond to Flangie's pleas, and sort out their spready problems, and I'm sorry if I may have implied otherwise.

Comment

Thanks for your post Bill. I would also like to make it clear that I am in no way trying to undermine the fantastic work that you and Turbo have put in across the forum. I have been browsing around a bit today and am very impressed. Let's save the spreadsheet discussions for the threads that Turbo is in the process of setting up.
                        Flangie please let us know exactly what you need in the way of assistance and we will get things sorted for you. Just in case, could you also please confirm whether you actually have PPI on this credit card account and if you do then do you believe it was mis sold?
                        What we will also need from you is a list of the charges you are intending to reclaim (with dates and amounts and a summary of the current status of the account). Please feel free to put this in a PM if you are worried about posting such information on the open forum. I think I do still have your original claim spreadsheets filed away safely somewhere on my old laptop and will be able to dig up the paperwork we used when working on your original claim.
                        Once we have some info from you it will be very easy to draft up a new refund request letter and try to get a speedy solution for you.
                        Budgie

Comment

Cheers, Bud. Sorry if I appeared to take umbrage. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Turbo 'Dahn the Pub' laterz, and thrashing out some good stuff, maybe. Some water has flowed under the bridge since we last stood upon it - but, hey - we're still standing there, eh ?

Comment

Getting back to Flangie's topic (!!!)

I'm more than happy to assist, if I can. If it is one of Budgie's spreadsheets, then I'm sure he will be, too. It's usually better if the original spready creator helps, but in the absence of that, I'll do my best. Can you post it up here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X