• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

seperated with joint mortgage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seperated with joint mortgage.

i have seperated from my partner recently, we have a joint mortgage together.
    we have two children which i pay CSA.

what are my rights to the house if my partner wants to buy me out(kids are with partner in the house).
    Tags: None

Re: seperated with joint mortgage.

Hi Saleh

The answer to your question depends on a lot of things.

Are you and your ex amicable? Could you agree mutually to sell house and each buy separate properties? Is there enough equity to do this?

Does your ex work? Who cares for the kids and how old are they?

In truth, if this gets 'legal', probably only a court could decide. In some cases a judge deems it appropriate to release the asset to permit two new homes being purchased. However, when there are young children involved, many judges will not agree to the 'family' home being sold.

You'd probably need to tell us a lot more for me to give you any inkling how it could go.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: seperated with joint mortgage.

My ex works and she has mentioned that she is willing to buy me out, but she mentioned that I am only entitled to 1/3 of the property because she is living with the children aged 16 and 15. She has a good job and is able to buy my share.

Is this correct ?

QUOTE=Celestine;281825]Hi Saleh

The answer to your question depends on a lot of things.

Are you and your ex amicable? Could you agree mutually to sell house and each buy separate properties? Is there enough equity to do this?

Does your ex work? Who cares for the kids and how old are they?

In truth, if this gets 'legal', probably only a court could decide. In some cases a judge deems it appropriate to release the asset to permit two new homes being purchased. However, when there are young children involved, many judges will not agree to the 'family' home being sold.

You'd probably need to tell us a lot more for me to give you any inkling how it could go.[/QUOTE]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X