• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle money + lifestyle claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lifestyle money + lifestyle claims

Who contacted you originally - Lifestyle Money or Lifestyle Claims and what was the name of company who debited the money from your card?

In the first instance you need to contact your credit card provider and ask them to refund the 2 payments under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act on the basis that they have not provided the service you paid for - info here http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...y-credit-card/

Comment

Hi there,

I was contacted and have been dealing with lifestyle money.

the name on the transactions which appear on my credit card statement is all debt solutions.

Can I still claim under section 75 if it has been 15 months since the 2 payments were made?

many thanks,

Comment

Ok it's good that you've been dealing with Lifestyle Money as All Debt Solutions is their trading name and thay are still trading.

You can make a section 75 claim upto 120 days from ''when you became aware of the problem'' - which appears to be on or shortly after 5 November.

Comment

All Debt Soloutions Ltd is Lifestyle Money and not Lifestyle Claims and YES claim under Section 75 of the Conumer Credit Act as you have not received a service from this company. Phone your credit card who you paid this company with and you will receive a refund.

Please advise how you get on.:beagle:

Comment

Thanks guys,

i'll let you know how it goes.

cheers.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update.

I have contacted my credit card company (MBNA) and they have advised that there were actually 4 charges of £359.98 made in August 2011.

2 of these were made to all debt solutions and theother 2 were made to Lifestyle claims.

I have not even dealt with lifestyle claims inany way shape or form. How can this happen?

They have told me that they are going to send me the paperwork and they will look into it. I understand that lifestyle claims have gone into administration however MNBNA have told me that if I have not received a service then they will be able to claim the money back whether they ahve gone into administartion or not.

Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Really pleased you are not going to lose your money, lots of people have.
                It's a tangled web they weave the same people all in it together, but deceiving us by using different company names.
                Things have been very slow by the powers that be to sort this mess out and it seems it is still a way off being sorted.
                I happen to call it theft I can see no other word for it, please carry on keeping us updated.
                enaid x

Comment

Well done Andy, as they definately have not provided you with a service - so MBNA will repay you in full for both lots of companies as well as they have confirmed that even a company in administration that they will repay you which is amazing.

Please let us know when this has happened, as it will encourage others in a similar position to you to get what is rightfully yours back.

Lets hope that All Debt Solutions/ Lifestyle Money will have their credit card machine facility withdrawn in time and will not be able to take money from peeps accounts without permission as and when they want.

I was just going to say - I call it theft- when Enaid got there first, I would go as far as to say it could well be fraud as well.

Originally posted by andyr2509 View Post
                  Hi Guys,

Just a quick update.

I have contacted my credit card company (MBNA) and they have advised that there were actually 4 charges of £359.98 made in August 2011.

2 of these were made to all debt solutions and theother 2 were made to Lifestyle claims.

I have not even dealt with lifestyle claims inany way shape or form. How can this happen?

They have told me that they are going to send me the paperwork and they will look into it. I understand that lifestyle claims have gone into administration however MNBNA have told me that if I have not received a service then they will be able to claim the money back whether they ahve gone into administartion or not.

Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Thanks guys,

I really hope I can get this money back and you are both right. It's plain theft and fraud.

Comment

Andy

It would be really helpful if you could put together a brief but concise summary of you dealings with Lifestyle Money/Claims together with any documentation and credit card statements that show the colusion between the 2 companies and send it to our contact at the Ministry of Justice.

We've been on at them about this issue for some time now and it's only through them receiving cast iron evidence that they'll close these scammers down for good.

Comment

EXC,

Of course I will.

I have dealt with Lifestyle Money (all debt solutions) but never lifestyle claims yet both of these companies appear on my credit card statement 2 weeks apart.

Let me know who your contact is and I 'll make a copy of the documentation and forward this to them.

Cheers,

Andy.

Comment

Many thanks. It's much appreciated.

I'll send you a private message with Mikes's e-mail address and I'll let him know to expect an e-mail from you.

I'd be gratful if you could copy me in with what you write him but minus anything that contains your personal information i.e credit card statements, so I'll also supply my e-mail address.

We've met with the Claims Managment Regulation team at MOJ several times and only by giving them genuine case studies with supporting evidence can we expect them to take the enforcement action needed to close these rogue outfits down.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            Who contacted you originally - Lifestyle Money or Lifestyle Claims and what was the name of company who debited the money from your card?

In the first instance you need to contact your credit card provider and ask them to refund the 2 payments under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act on the basis that they have not provided the service you paid for - info here http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...y-credit-card/
                            I was scammed out of £3200 by all debt solutions , and feel like an idiot for being so stupid! I made 6 payments of £599.99 to have my PPI claims "fast tracked" so they would be resolved within 6 months, which obviously never happened. I made one payment of £600 on a debit card which was refunded , the other 5 payments of £599.99 were made on a capital one credit card , which I never got refunded. I have complained to capital under section 75 but they would not acknowledge that I have not received the service what I payed for. Since then I have contacted the financial ombudsman who have stated that I would b entitled to a full refund under section 75 if I could provide them with a copy of the t&c's of the what I made the up-front payments for. Unfortunately I never received a copy of the t&c's ! Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjwoodhouse View Post
                              I was scammed out of £3200 by all debt solutions , and feel like an idiot for being so stupid! I made 6 payments of £599.99 to have my PPI claims "fast tracked" so they would be resolved within 6 months, which obviously never happened. I made one payment of £600 on a debit card which was refunded , the other 5 payments of £599.99 were made on a capital one credit card , which I never got refunded. I have complained to capital under section 75 but they would not acknowledge that I have not received the service what I payed for. Since then I have contacted the financial ombudsman who have stated that I would b entitled to a full refund under section 75 if I could provide them with a copy of the t&c's of the what I made the up-front payments for. Unfortunately I never received a copy of the t&c's ! Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be much appreciated.

When did you sign up with All Debt Solutions? and when did you agree to the 'fast track' process ?

Did you get any PPI refunds at all ?

Are you sure the charges were for PPI claims? They sound more like the amount people were conned out of up front for claims for unenforceable agreements etc ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Rjwoodhouse View Post
                                Are you sure it was All Debt Solutions and not Client Connection Ltd (Lifestyle) who deducted the 'fast track' fees from your credit card?

If it was Client Connection they typically charged 2 types of upfront fees: an initial administration fee of around £60 and a 'fast track' or 'priority service' fee of £599 per claim. In the T&Cs the administration fee was not refundable but there were never any written terms on the refund status of the £599 fee.

However the MOJ can supply you with a document & covering letter in support of section 75 claims which establishes that the £599 fees were indeed refundable at the end of the claims process - see example attached - and we've had several successes with it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X