• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer Benefit Surveys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Benefit Surveys

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

The bane of my life!! I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Regliously, once every 2-3 weeks these NUMPTIES call me, and it always starts off with Hi.. do i have the pleasure of speaking with MRS R?
    Well, unless Mr R has taken up HRT... you've found me!
    They then proceed to tell you they are doing a survey, flog your details to as many companies as they can, then have the nerve to say Oh but you ASKED us to.. when? The time I said I can't use Arial washing powder cos im allergic? Sorry didn't know that meant I had unclaimed PPI!

When asked for details you get "We will go ahead and remove you from our databases" and 3 weeks later the phone will ring and "Hi.. do I have the pleasure of..."
    I have worked in a call centre and understand the pressures of working on the place, but I admit I have told them to bugger off once!

and I cannot for the life of me find any of their details to report them!

HEEEEEEEELP
    Tags: None

Re: Consumer Benefit Surveys

I find asking them for their organisation's name and full address so I can write to them to complain usually does the trick.

Comment

Join the Telephone Preference Service then if they call, say you'll be reporting them and there's a £5,000 fine. They get of fthe phone jolly PDQ then !

Comment

Or don't give your name, if thye ask for a 'Mrs R' tell them Mr R's mum has died and they should update their records as she won't be able to to buy any of their products now ........

Comment

I'm with the TPS, I have reported them as a company but they are ringing on an international number.. Phillipines if I may hazard a guess.
          They say that as the number is "unavailable" as its international.

Comment

I hate it when they call you up (going by their accents from India or somewhere in that region)and start by saying am I having the pleasure speaking to Mr Brian and before you can correct them on their obvious mistake they start spurting their dribble and don't let you get a word in edge ways.
            As soon as you say the word "NO" they hang up cutting you short of a right good rant at them.
            I now tell them to please hold the line while I go and get him and then put the phone down and watch TV for half an hour, that usually does the trick

Comment

My darling brother stole this from George Takei's facebook page, but it's such a fantastic idea I had to add it here!
              Attached Files

Comment

Or just have a referee's whistle by the phone and give them a good long blast in the ear!

Comment

or...in the words of my insane brother matt, answer every question they ask with "would you like fries with that?!"

Comment

I also get these calls,on an out of area no, or some beginning with 030 or 0030, i looked a no up last week and it was a Madrid no,i just dont answer them, and then i put banned caller into my phone,
                    I also get lots of calls from PPI people, which i find out by googling the no
                    I also am fed up of my email box getting clogged up with emails about ,"your accident, or "You are owed £££for PPIs
                    They are a total pain

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X