• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My first letter from Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first letter from Lowell

Hi guys, i have an old halifax account which admitadly needs paying, i have been avoiding it because i just havent been able to pay them anything.

Anyway, today, a letter went to my MOTHERS address,(i havent lived their for......4 years now!) a letter from the halifax saying they have now sold the debt to lowells and any payments should be made to them, and enclosed, another letter from lowells saying basically, hi we are dealing with it now, pay up, contact us bla bla bla

Ok, so, where do I start?

What do I do to start getting this debt payed off?? I have NO MONEY AT ALL, and I wont have any until the beginning of october, so im looking at that time to start making a small payment.

I also say small payment because we are very lucky that me and my husband will be coming into abit of money soon, and we will using this money to wipe off the debts, however, i want them off my back in the mean time because it could take another year before we get the money.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, i didnt repay the debt, because i lost my job, became homeless, no car, no food, no nothing. I tried to ask for help from the PPI I had and guess what, missold PPI, they told me i would be ccoverd and when it came to claiming it, I apparently wasnt covered. Thats why i didn't pay it.

Do i just phone up, offer a tenner a month, or is their some letter i should send that says "prove the debts is mine" or whatever??? I haven't been in touch with them before other than march 2010 when the account defaulted and i asked for help from the PPI people. Then i got harrassed by hundreds of phone calls got scared and like i said, became homeless anyway so they had no chance.

What do you think would be the best course of action to take?

Thanks guys

lotsa love

chaz
    xx
    Tags: None

Re: My first letter from Lowell

Hi Chaz

Oooh you poor love x Glad life is starting to turn round for you and husband.

Right, lets sort this out.

Firstly, you have clearly been missold PPI. So if they won't pay out to cover your debt, they should refund you all your PPI payments made. This is very simple to achieve.

You will need to contact Halifax, they have an online form to do this.
    http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/h...hpfooter_cards (CARDS)

http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/h...hpfooter_loans (LOANS)

Once you get that money back, you will be left with a more realistic balance to tackle.

Lowell seem to have brought the debt from Halifax. Did you know that they will have paid maybe 10-20% of the debts value for the privilege of harassing you.

SO, whatever you do, do not just pay the balance outstanding. Negotiate!! They will often take as little as 40% of the debts total.

You could also ask for a copy of the original Credit Agreement to see that everything is kosher.

Let us know how you'd like to tackle this and we can get this put to an end.

Cel x
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

And as you have no assets or income, you can't offer them anything right now, so as they've already no doubt trashed your credit file, I'd wait till you actually have the cash to do a full and final settlement.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Wow this is an old post but thought I'd put an update on it. I ended up paying £10 a month with a 30% discount, which since then I've rang up and asked for a further discount if I up my payments and got a further 40% off. Will be doing the same in a month time hopefully it'll all be paid and gone this year. Thankyou for your help!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X