• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim against British Airways

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim against British Airways

Hi there,

I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a claim I've made against BA? I have made a claim against them for a flight change that was made which disrupted my journey. I had to go through Expedia who were useless and never even gave me a refund when I asked for one so I could find another suitable flight. Now BA are saying they didn't change the flight, they just sent the notification. They've also gotten a solicitor involved quoting all sorts of laws and convention and claiming I have no right to make any claims under English law.

I am not in a position to hire a solicitor and my aim was to go to the small claims court. I had made a complaint to them and they didn't offer me any explanations, just told me I wasn't entitled to a refund. They admitted being responsible for the flight change at first and then said they weren't. I haven't specified what law I'm using against them e.g breach of contract, because really what I said to them was that if there was no satisfactory resolution then I would bill them for my time used to resolve the matter which they never attempted to do.

I am so frustrated that I was made to use a flight more than 6 hours later than my original one and I have lost out and no one gets made to take responsibility. Please help and tell me there's something I can do....BA have asked the court to strike out my claim.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X