• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Direct Car Finance (DCF), Approved Car finance (ACF) and AXA Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Car Finance (DCF), Approved Car finance (ACF) and AXA Insurance

Hi,

Anybody know the link between Direct Car Finance (which was dissolved in 2010) and Approved Car Finance which is still active. Also if AXA Insurance were the Underwriters/Insurer of Direct Car Finance in Dec2001? Please help!!
    Tags: None

Re: Direct Car Finance (DCF), Approved Car finance (ACF) and AXA Insurance

Firstly, and please correct me if I am wrong, I believe AFC's website to be slightly illegal.
    As far as I am aware, a company must show their companies registration number clearly, they have no mention of a company number.

http://www.acfcarfinance.co.uk/

Name & Registered Office:
    APPROVED CAR FINANCE LIMITED
    8 WATER MILL CLOSE
    BIRMINGHAM
    WEST MIDLANDS
    B29 6TS
    Company No. 06842097

Date of Incorporation: 10/03/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    45112 - Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles
    Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2011 (DORMANT)
    Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012
    Last Return Made Up To: 02/02/2012
    Next Return Due: 02/03/2013
    Last Members List: 02/02/2012
    Previous Names:
    No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
    UK Establishment Details
    There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.
    Oversea Company Info
    There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.
    Current directors

Mr Michael Robert Ryan

DCF seem to have been owned at one time by Yes car credit, who in turn were owned by Provident Finacial

In 2005, the company closed its Yes Car Credit division, which had sold second hand vehicles to customers with problematic credit histories via a national network of retail locations, offering the vehicle and finance as a single package.[9] The company had been plagued by bad publicity, including a TV investigation into its selling practices, pressurisation of staff, unreliable vehicles and debt collection methods.[10]

Interestingly enough.. i can find no record of Micheal Robert Ryan in any directors check I have done.. but i will keep digging and post up as i find.

P

Comment

The digging continues.. I have found Mr Ryan, who very scarily is a name sake of the man who commited the Hungerford Massacres (how freaky is that) he is the director of ACF still, though nothing has been heard from him since 2009 by all accounts.

Direct Car Finance Ltd
      Company Status Dissolved
      Company Type Private Limited Company
      Incorporation Date 03/08/2000
      Dissolution Date 16/03/2010
      Nature of Business 7499 - Non-trading company
      Non-trading company in London
      Appointments Show Company documents
      FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT COMPANY DIRECT CAR FINANCE LIMITED

Accounting Reference Date 31/12 Phone at 192.com
      Last Accounts Made Up To 31/12/2007 (DORMANT)
      Accounts document Show Company documents
      Last Return Made Up To 03/08/2008
      Return document Show Company documents
      Last Members List 03/08/2008
      PREVIOUS NAMES OF COMPANY DIRECT CAR FINANCE LIMITED

BSURE INSURANCE SERVICES LIMITED 22/01/2003
      WARNING

This is public information provided by official company register. Materials about company: DIRECT CAR FINANCE LIMITED have been prepared for information purposes only. They are not intended to be nor do they constitute legal advice. Data could have changed since the last update! This page shows information about DIRECT CAR FINANCE LIMITED whose registered office according to registrar of companies is:
      124 FINCHLEY ROAD
      LONDON

Dissolved
      04046623 D DIRECT CAR FINANCE LIMITED Dissolved 16/03/2010
      04046623 F BSURE INSURANCE SERVICES LIMITED C of N 22/01/2003

directors
      Dr Roger Joel Gewolb
      Mr David Bromige

Comment

More info.. sorry for the multiple posts but I post as I find..
        Welcome car finance and AFC.. same people.

https://www.welcome-car.org.uk/whychooseus.php

Comment

if memory serves me right, the directors of approved car finance were set up when yes car went tits up (same people) (allegedly)

the approved car finance web page layout was identical to that of yes car finance and come to think of it, welcome as well

the only difference is they do not have that lady at the top who was on the tv trying to sell you the car

REMEMBER THIS, AND YES, I FELL FOR THE SCAM AS WELL IN MY YOUTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACECZ2jQ5M
          Last edited by miliitant; 30th July 2012, 19:22:PM.

Comment

Thank you all...for the info. Still truggling to find the Motor Insurance Underwriter/Insurer for Direct Car Finance in around Dec 2001. Any recollection? Hints? Because the FOS would may take the 'Insurer/Underwritter' route when the PPI & GAP Policy seller/broker is nowhere to be found because it was pre 2005 sale. Please help anybody!!!!!

Comment

your complaint needs to go to the financial leasing authority

they delt with ppi etc before 2005

yescar/ ACF were members of the financial leasing authority

Comment

Thanks but a bit confused! Thought if the lender/broker was a member of GISC then FOS would be dealing with my complain. Please enlight me on this (particularly who should I make a claim against, FOS or FLA?)

Comment

as its before 2005

your response should be directed to the FLA

Comment

advisers selling PPI still had rules to follow. Most firms or advisers selling PPI would be covered by a code of practice imposed by one of three trade bodies: the Association of British Insurers (ABI), the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC) or the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA).

All three codes of practice required advisers to provide information at the time the insurance was taken out, to help you decide if the policy was suitable for you.

Essentially, advisers and firms were required to cover the same points as they do according to the current rules.
                    No extra requirements for advice

The main difference between sales before and after regulation is that all sales before regulation were 'non-advised', as the 'advised' regime didn’t come in until regulation was introduced.

So, even if your policy was sold to you before 14 January 2005, if the adviser didn’t cover the points under 'all sales' on the PPI – the rules page, then you may have been mis-sold and should make a complaint.

With advised sales, the adviser must issue a demands and needs statement to show why a particular policy has been recommended and why it is suitable for you.

Firms or advisers giving advised sales must keep records showing that a suitable recommendation was made, and recording any demands and needs that might not have been met.
                    After the sale

Comment

Cheers. So if I contact either of the three bodies you've mentioned above, particulary FLA, they might be able to help me with who was the Insurer/Underwriter for DCF in/around Dec2001? If the answer is YES then I suppose I can find their contact details online or do youhave their contact details (i.e FLA's)? Sorry to be such a pain... taken me 7 months to get where I am, everybody involved refuse to cooperate!

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...oyfYA4zAzwpn_A

Comment

Much obliged.

Comment

Will bring my mate Bills attention to this thread.. hes a bit of a PPI whizz! still looking for the underwriters for you

Comment

Thank you. Also still digging...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X