• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

change in hours help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in hours help

Hi everyone.

my employer wants to do a major change in our hours. this is making the staff very unhappy due to family reasons and unable to get to work and back.
    we have had our first meeting but the second meeting wasnt until 45 days later.
    most of us disagreed to the new hours at our second meeting as they were worse than the first.
    we are now awaiting our third and final meeting but i have just found out that the time between the first and second meeting is 30 days otherwise its back to first meeting.
    is this true? is it too late to say this to my employer as we all have had our second meeting?
    i hope this makes sense , just got a very muddly head.

thanks..x
    Tags: None

Re: change in hours help

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=675

The above is what I have found out. If you have a union then get them involved in negotiations with the employer.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

hi , thanks for link. union says they cant do anything for me as company can change hours.

Comment

Originally posted by guspoppy View Post
        hi , thanks for link. union says they cant do anything for me as company can change hours.
        Have they had any talks with the employer or are they simply happy to take your money for union membership and do nothing?
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by guspoppy View Post

who told you that rubbish

who is the union

how many employees are affected

who is doing the consultation period

Comment

ive cancelled my membership as this was whole reason i joined them.
            ive gone higher up and spoken to my actual big boss manager and said how i was feeling. she said she understood and she has found me somewhere else to go in the company. i am think i will accept this. be a new challenge for me in my career.

Comment

well then, accept the change if that the best option for you, but what about your collegues

do you think its right the employer can think they can do just what they want and to hell with statute legislation

why will people not stand up and be noticed and just say NO and say this is not acceptable

what will you do next when they say they require a wage cut as the boss is not getting his holiday in the sun this year

i spend most of my time trying to install some intestinal fortitude in people on injustice and they just accept it in the end

sorry

rant over

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                well then, accept the change if that the best option for you, but what about your collegues

do you think its right the employer can think they can do just what they want and to hell with statute legislation

why will people not stand up and be noticed and just say NO and say this is not acceptable

what will you do next when they say they require a wage cut as the boss is not getting his holiday in the sun this year

i spend most of my time trying to install some intestinal fortitude in people on injustice and they just accept it in the end

sorry

rant over
                You and I think along similar lines, Miliitant. You call it "Intestinal Fortitude" whilst I call it Self-Empowerment, which is basically the same thing.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X