• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA - Amazing what they do and nobody can tell them to stop ?1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA - Amazing what they do and nobody can tell them to stop ?1?

I am new here and would like to ask for your advice.

I have cancelled my credit card with MBNA United Kingdom. It was clear.

They contacted me one year later saying, that there is a unpaid transaction on it. I investigated and found out that merchant tried to charge me one year from actual date of transaction taking place. This can be disputed according to visa rules (74 and 75). I know - I have done it before. MBNA UK is saying that transaction didn't took place year ago, but this year. I have a transaction slip which is proving that I'm right (they are lying purposely or not).

I would like to ask for your opinion

- What should do now ?
    - Can I win in it small claims court ?

I have reported them to Financial Services Ombudsman, who is investigating this transaction since 7-8 months. It will take ages to have it completed. MBNA keeps charging me interest and reporting me to credit rating agencies, while I wait for result of FSO investigation. FSO said they can do that! I can't believe it!

- Is there anything that I can do to make them stop charging me and wait for outcome of FSO investigation ?

Please advise.
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA - Amazing what they do and nobody can tell them to stop ?1?

Make a subject access request (SAR) to MBNA!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      Make a subject access request (SAR) to MBNA!
      I did. They asked me for £10.
      I can send them this fee but what that will give me ?

- I mean how can I use this Subject Access Request in real life (what is it used for) ?

Also, I can't give them cheque as I don't use those. I don't want to pay by bank transfer as I suspect they could use my bank details later on.
      Enclose £10 in a letter ? What if they will simply reply that they didn't found any money enclosed ?

Comment

£10.00. postal Order mark for SAR purposes on the back, the SAR should give you all the info you need regarding your account, i.e. default date, letters etc, but if you need CCA1974 seperate action needed as it seems for some reason they are not oblidged to send with a SAR.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          £10.00. postal Order mark for SAR purposes on the back, the SAR should give you all the info you need regarding your account, i.e. default date, letters etc, but if you need CCA1974 seperate action needed as it seems for some reason they are not oblidged to send with a SAR.
          Thank you.
          I will enquire about postal orders tomorrow.

- Could you elaborate on your last sentence ?

Comment

A Data Protection Act SAR should provide you with ALL data ever sent/held about you. It costs £10.

A Consumer Credit Act Requests CCA 1974, is used to get a copy of the original CCA agreement made. (e.g. a loan) It costs £1 to acquire.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by birkopf View Post
              I am new here and would like to ask for your advice.

I have cancelled my credit card with MBNA United Kingdom. It was clear.

They contacted me one year later saying, that there is a unpaid transaction on it. I investigated and found out that merchant tried to charge me one year from actual date of transaction taking place. This can be disputed according to visa rules (74 and 75). I know - I have done it before. MBNA UK is saying that transaction didn't took place year ago, but this year. I have a transaction slip which is proving that I'm right (they are lying purposely or not).

I would like to ask for your opinion

- What should do now ?
              - Can I win in it small claims court ?

I have reported them to Financial Services Ombudsman, who is investigating this transaction since 7-8 months. It will take ages to have it completed. MBNA keeps charging me interest and reporting me to credit rating agencies, while I wait for result of FSO investigation. FSO said they can do that! I can't believe it!

- Is there anything that I can do to make them stop charging me and wait for outcome of FSO investigation ?

Please advise.
              Are you absolutely sure this wasn't a SECOND payment made under a Recurring Payment Authority. e.g. AA??

Many sneaky companies use these and YOU have to cancel them. Most normal people forget......
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                Are you absolutely sure this wasn't a SECOND payment made under a Recurring Payment Authority. e.g. AA??

Many sneaky companies use these and YOU haveost normal people forget......
                I don't know whhat Recurring Payment Authority is, but Im pretty sure its not that. I realised very receptly that its something I paid for by credit card and I have still original transaction slip from card terminal. That's how I know they are lying on their statements.

Comment

Write to them requesting all your data on all systems (SAR) and at the same time stating that the account is disputed, until the dispute is resolved any enforcement action (e.g. the application of charges) of this account breaches OFT 664 guidelines, reminding them that as holders of a credit license they are bound by this guidance.

Any breach will be reported to the OFT.

After that wait and see
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Originally posted by frisp View Post
                    Write to them requesting all your data on all systems (SAR) and at the same time stating that the account is disputed, until the dispute is resolved any enforcement action (e.g. the application of charges) of this account breaches OFT 664 guidelines, reminding them that as holders of a credit license they are bound by this guidance.

Any breach will be reported to the OFT.

After that wait and see
                    Thank you. There is something I would like to mention. I have requested from them Account closing statement. I made mistake by disposing my copy and now they refuse to provide it. As I paid off my card inffull can I request officially (like SAR) closing statement and closing letter ? What they have done is to reopen my account and "there isn't closig statement".

Comment

Hi I have just read your PM. The advice given is correct but before going to the trouble of and expense or a SAR can you just let us know the following.

1. What/who was the payment for/to.
                      2. When and how much was the payment that you do not dispute you made, can you confirm you have the receipt for this
                      3. When and how much was the payment that you do dispute you made.
                      4. Give the approximate date you believe the account was closed, was it actually closed or just left open with a zero balance owing.

This info may help to make things clearer

Jules
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                        2. When and how much was the payment that you do not dispute you made, can you confirm you have the receipt for this
                        This is not applicable there is just one transaction that I dispute.

3. When and how much was the payment that you do dispute you made.
                        April 2010, just under £1000.

4. Give the approximate date you believe the account was closed, was it actually closed or just left open with a zero balance owing.
                        Jules
                        I have requested to close it in May 2010. They have credited me back the money I have overpaid before by mistake in May 2010.
                        I have asked to have it cancelled but they claim (now) the account is open "because there is a transaction". I cut my card in pieces after confirming over the phone that account has been closed.

This should be cleared out with SAR... at least partially.

PS - I will reply with delay to next post as I will be away.

Comment

To reiterate, make an SAR to MBNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            To reiterate, make an SAR to MBNA.
                            I have submitted today, professionally written SAR with £10 and given them specific time frame to respond.
                            I will let you know as soon as I receive their response.

Comment

Originally posted by birkopf View Post
                              I have submitted today, professionally written SAR with £10 and given them specific time frame to respond.
                              I will let you know as soon as I receive their response.

They have 40 days to respond that is the Regulation, if they do not you complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

There are many professional letters written in the library on this site, so you do not have to in a lot of cases shell out for somebody to write a letter on certain subjects, this helps peeps a lot.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X