• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court hearing 28th January 2014

Thats the part that worries me - that the possible impact may influence their decision

Comment

They are there to establish the facts in law and I doubt that any impact has a bearing on their decision. Historically the Judges ruling on this particular case have made some good factual decisions.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
        Around 10.30am then I guess.
        More like 9.50 something given that hand downs take roughly between 5 & 8 minutes http://www.youtube.com/user/UKSupremeCourt

Comment

I was just looking back through at this bit:

"[65] That concession was very properly made. The provisions of the 1974 Act admit the possibility of a creditor such as the second respondents supplying information relating to a debtor, such as the appellant, to a credit reference agency licensed under the Act. The credit agreement between the appellant and the second respondents in the present case explicitly provided that the appellant agreed that the second respondents could supply information relating to the credit agreement and to his conduct of the loan he received in terms of that agreement to credit reference agencies. The provisions of section 159 of the 1974 Act enabled the appellant to give notice of correction to credit reference agencies, which he did. In such circumstances, standing the appellant's conscious decision not to make any payments under the credit agreement to the second respondents and the conclusion we have reached on the issue of whether the appellant was entitled to rescind his credit agreement with the second respondents, by relying on the provisions of section 75(1), we consider that the second respondents were entitled to treat the appellant as being in default of the credit agreement. In these circumstances it follows that the Sheriff was not entitled to hold that the second respondents had made false representations relating to the appellant; that the second respondents had breached a duty of care they owed to him; and that the appellant was entitled to the award of damages he made."

Common sense really didnt enter into this one, did it?

How can he possibly be said to still owe them payments when it's admitted he returned the item it was taken for?

Good grief, what a sheer bl**dy mess

Comment

Schedule

26 March 2014

Comment

3 hours to go

All the very best Richard, for your sake and the rest of us!

:beagle2222:

Comment

I maybe splashin' about like a beached whale in aqua aerobics while this is happening. I require a full and very simple explanation of the judgement whichever way it goes and it's implications for us consumers please.
                Thank you xx

Comment

Here's hoping That Richard gets the result he has fought so long and hard for.

in my own complaint. I have just heard from the companies solicitor yesterday and this would be make a nice email to send them.

Comment

Just reading through Richard's MSE thread from 2008 which predictably received plenty of hostile responses. I sincerely hope they have to eat their words later on this morning. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=885979

Comment

Here's hoping it comes down in Richards favour as I am sure it will benefit us so much and we will be one of the first to benefit from it in our Appeal in June.
                      So Lady Luck be in Supreme Court today and on Richards shoulder.
                      Sparkie

Comment

Some were just plain rude, I hope their words get shoved up their rear ends tbh
                        Not long now :doggieyes:

Comment

they are sat around at the moment

Comment

here we go

Comment

kennedy 1st?

Comment

here we go!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X