• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WON !! Richard Durkin v HFC / PC World supreme court judgment 26/03/14

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Do you have any idea how much that will be ??
    Probably looking at an eye-watering £100K+! to pay the criminals.

Comment

Blimey. Have you got decent lawyers working on the costs arguments ?

How come it has ended up with you having to pay costs ? Were there offers before the hearing ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hmmm hang on .....

''3) The appellant pay the second respondent’s expenses in the Inner House'' - so thats what you have to pay to HFC ?

''4) The second respondent pay the appellant’s costs in the Supreme Court, the amount of those costs to be assessed if not agreed between the parties'' - that's what HFC have to pay you ?

Plus 8% pa on the damages award from 1999 .....

Appellant

Richard Durkin

Respondents

DSG Retail Ltd
        HFC Bank Plc

So what were the previous orders mentioned in 1 & 2 ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sharon & I are just reading that through, I think it may be the other way round Richard.

I would have your solicitors/counsel look that over & verify
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

David Jones @ PI costing is a good costs draftsman in my opinion.
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Can you explain the order a little bit PT as I've confused myself with it.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

''3) The appellant pay the second respondent’s expenses in the Inner House'' - so thats what you have to pay to HFC ?
                Aye, that's the insane part.

I've also to pay some of the lower court expenses which the sheriff awarded against me while the key witness (to prove lies!) waited for a passport.

Comment

What was the order made on 10th February?
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                    Aye, that's the insane part.

I've also to pay some of the lower court expenses which the sheriff awarded against me while the key witness (to prove lies!) waited for a passport.
                    Maybe he'd tried getting his passport through BritishPassportServices....

Are those expenses already fixed ? How much were those?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Maybe he'd tried getting his passport through BritishPassportServices....

Are those expenses already fixed ? How much were those?
                      Not fixed yet. We've had to wait until now. I've heard it's another £10K + down the swanny!

Comment

Puts you off standing up for yourself and seeking justice somewhat doesn't it.

Costs in Roberts v Bos were bonkers too, not quite £100k bonkers - about £35k as I recall - even though she won as well

EDIT: just checked was £20k see attached ( mights as well been £100k though)
                        Attached Files
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                          What was the order made on 10th February?
                          Similar. It had failed to differentiate between HFC & PC World costs. Totally ignoring the fact that it's them that screwed us!

Comment

Puts you off standing up for yourself and seeking justice somewhat doesn't it.

Costs in Roberts v Bos were bonkers too, not quite £100k bonkers - about £35k as I recall - even though she won as well

EDIT: just checked was £20k see attached ( mights as well been £100k though)
                            She had to pay the bank too?

Aye, I can see now why folk fight crime with crime.

Comment

How come it has ended up with you having to pay costs ?
                              That's the £100K question! Surely, we've a right to know?

I smell corruption. A unanimous ruling saying a default doesn't stop folk getting a mortgage? And then, after a year, this?

My offer to them was not to sue if they removed the default. Considering they'd already been screwing us for 4 years, I thought that to be more than reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                                David Jones @ PI costing is a good costs draftsman in my opinion.
                                Thanks PT. We're screwed anyway. The "supreme" court has ensured that. It seems I'll need to apply for legal aid just to sort expenses!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X