• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Recovery Firm lashes out at Consumer Forums after Court defeat

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Civil Recovery Firm lashes out at Consumer Forums after Court defeat

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Try as I might, I could find not a trace of Cireco Limited in the Data Protection Database - link - but, as it is quite possible that I made some sort of a mistake, I would be most grateful if others could try and, if successful, post their results here. I did wonder if Cireco Limited could have been listed as a trading name of their parent company, but it isn't.
    Someone is already making inquiries to the ICO.

Comment

Is it considered permissible to maintain a database of "Politically Exposed Persons" that may be checked by prospective employers?

Comment

*chuckle*

The thing that amuses me most is the fact that BEFORE they sent us the letter, we were interested in their activities but NOW, we and many others are absolutely FASCINATED!!

OWN GOAL!
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

We have had a few postings from people invoiced by RLP Ltd. It would be very interesting if all of these people were to send a Subject Access Request to Cireco Limited to see exactly what data is held about them. The data subject could, of course, voluntarily post up some of that information to give a flavour of the Integrity Screening to us, and any other interesting data.

It would be interesting to see.

Comment

Reading that Schillings letter really made me laugh. It was like they are intending to litigate for their clients hurt feelings.

That letter inflicted more damage on Schillings own reputation as a london law firm, than anyone could have done on RLP. No wonder Schillings didnt want their letter published. It made themselves look like complete nitwit.

Comment

So to summarise;
              They have made a list of people accused of theft, it doesn't matter if they are actually guilty or not.

Then, when they send one of their invoices they use the presence and prospect of being included on the list as incentive to pay up.

So you have got one dubious enterprise feeding another, its a bit like a house of cards. There are so many problems with this, besides the ones mentioned already.

It would be nice if someone reading this thread was on this list and wished to sue, I for one would certainly be please to contribute to any fighting fund.

Perhaps we could then give Schillings a ring, there must be cause for a defamation suit in there in addition to everything else.

D

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
                Perhaps we could then give Schillings a ring, there must be cause for a defamation suit in there in addition to everything else.

D
                And you'd trust Schillings to manage this well??!!

Their astonishing lack of due diligence, like checking if we actually knew Richard Dunstan at all? Like checking if we'd removed that one thread before they send out a second threat accusing us of non compliance. That second letter alone will have cost RLP several hundred pounds.

Free Tip for you RLP
                : Don't pay that invoice in full.....or at all, or just speculate on whether it's enforceable eh?
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                  And you'd trust Schillings to manage this well??!!

Their astonishing lack of due diligence, like checking if we actually knew Richard Dunstan at all? Like checking if we'd removed that one thread before they send out a second threat accusing us of non compliance. That second letter alone will have cost RLP several hundred pounds.

Free Tip for you RLP
                  : Don't pay that invoice in full.....or at all, or just speculate on whether it's enforceable eh?
                  "Several hundred pounds"!!!!!

They have a better racket than RLP

I cant get over the baic lack of legal knowledge the first letter illustrates, not something you would expect.

D

Comment

I think the likely outcome of this is that Schillings declines in the future to further represent their client RLP.

This has the potential to do them great damage, which it probably already has, by going after that other solictor firm.

Comment

Apparently, BWB is a very respected City legal firm. I, too, am going to be interested to see what effect this has on Schilling's reputation, especially after what they wrote in their letter about the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, Malicious Communications Act 1988 and Communications Act 2003, which shows an alarming lack of understanding of these statutes and how they work, in my considered judgement. And I am speaking as a retired police officer.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Attached is the first of the 3 articles on civil recovery which appeared in Private Eye in December 2011.

Today (Tuesday 3 July) is the deadline which Beagles have invited Schillings to respond by to the letter sent in response to theirs - http://www.legalbeagles.info/Letter%...2026_06_12.pdf

But I wouldn't hold your breath.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          Today (Tuesday 3 July) is the deadline which Beagles have invited Schillings to respond by to the letter sent in response to theirs - http://www.legalbeagles.info/Letter%...2026_06_12.pdf

Is there some reason to suppose they'd not try to play at Schilly Buggers?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Is there some reason to suppose they'd not try to play at Schilly Buggers?
                            And what exactly would that achieve? The same as last time I imagine - adverse publicity and statements which are blatantly untrue.

Comment

Attached is the first of the 3 articles on civil recovery which appeared in Private Eye in December 2011.

This is my favorite bit;

"The intimidatory nature of your letter mirrors the conduct of your client. Further, your correspondence only serves to strengthen our clients resolve to help the victims of your clients business and to report on, discuss and expose their unsavoury tactics as our client sees fit."

Its almost Churchilian.

D

Comment

OK, so CAB can't tell people these invoices are fish n chip paper...........
                                We shall go on to the end. We shall fight the Sun, we shall fight the Mirror and the Express, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the newsagents, we shall defend true and proper retailing procedures, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight the Guardian, we shall fight the Telegraph, we shall fight the waxed paper and the serviettes, we shall fight all known tabloids and broadsheets including but notlimited to the forementioned, allowing for the return of The Sport;

we shall never surrender
                                Last edited by christianpassy; 4th July 2012, 10:42:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X