• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest account type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest account type

Hi all,

i Joined Natwest 5 years ago and with a step account which was their bog standard no frills account (the next one up being a basic account) i was happy with this service, up untill last July i received an email stating that from September 2011 i would only be able to use my bank card at natwest, RBS and ulster(?) ATM`s unless i pay £8PM for a select silver account, i thought not a problem il continue with my free step account, however come the new year 4 months of only being able to use certain ATM`s became frustrating so i bit the bullet and upgraded to the select silver account, i received a new bank card in February but ive never been able to use other ATM`s? its still the same as before so i can only use Natwest etc ATM`s, i finally got around to contacting Natwest last month about it and he told me that it was because i was on a step select silver account and that i would need to upgrade to a normal select silver account, which is confusing as when i did this is online in January it didnt say any of this, i was under the impression i was mearly upgrading my step account to a select silver account with all the stated benefits.

i finally got around to ringing Natwest again today but unfortunately the lady couldn't tell me much as their systems are obviously still down. am i eligible to get back the money ive paid for this service as i havent actually received what was stated?

it also confuses me as to why i was told last month that im still on a step account as ive also read these have been long discontinued?

any help and advice is appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Liam88; 24th June 2012, 17:53:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest account type

You were missold the silver account. Ask them to downgrade the account and state that you were told x y and z and that you were mislead by the person who sold you the account. Ask them for a refund of all the charges that they made on the basis of being mislead into taking the account and that a current plus was not offered to you which is the type of account that they should have attempted to put through.

EDIT: they should have put through a Select account and not a silver account...
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I was searching the forum regarding Natwest Select Silver account as I feel was mis sold an upgrade on my basic account and it's come to my attention recently that many people are claiming money back.

However the cases I have read about seem to be about the gold account. Did you have any success in your case? Any tips much appreciated.

Sarah

Comment

[QUOTE=sarah nicholson;510259]I was searching the forum regarding Natwest Select Silver account as I feel was mis sold an upgrade on my basic account and it's come to my attention recently that many people are claiming money back.

However the cases I have read about seem to be about the gold account. Did you have any success in your case? Any tips much appreciated.

The thread have responded to is 2.5 year old.
        It would be better to start your own thread.

nem.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X