• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very confused newbie . . . .Bryan Carter/Frederickson International CCJ mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very confused newbie . . . .Bryan Carter/Frederickson International CCJ mess

Hi all

Any advice needed on the following please because I don't know what to do
    . . .

In December 2008 Bryan Carter got a CCJ against me through Northampton Court for £676.
    I can't recall having had any documentation relating to this debt and don't know who it applied to but I was in a bad way at the time as faced with a shed-load of debts from ex and may well have received something which I didn't keep.
    In any event, when Bryan Carter rang and said I had to start paying them in January 2009, I did. He was really nasty and said he'd send bailiffs to throw me and the kids out of the house if I didn't agree.
    I have been paying them £1.45 by Postal Order each month ever since - I have receipts and Recorded Delivery information to evidence the payments.

Last week my Postal Order for June was returned with an account number scribbled on the back and a pre-printed compliment slip from Frederickson International saying that the account was closed and I should deal with 'the client' directly. The stamp on the letter was unfranked and it was hand addressed - which seemed a bit weird to me.

As Frederickson International was at the same address as Bryan Carter (this confused me a lot) I
    contacted them to ask who I should pay and was told they would only answer account queries through their FredPay.com site.
    Using the account number on the back of the returned Postal Order I registered on their site and send them a message via it asking who I should pay.
    They sent back saying Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd - who I haven't heard of.

At the same time I looked at the account statement on the FredPay site and realised it is not my debt - the amount is for over £5,000 and the account was returned to the client in June 2010 . . .

Therefore, the account number they put on the back of the returned Postal Order was wrong.

I have messaged them again to tell them this and ask them for the correct account number and a statement of all the payments I have made to Bryan Carter since 2009 as I have never had anything like this from them. I have also asked them to tell me who to pay in future as it is not Arrow Global . . .if they are linked to the account which isn't mine!

I haven't heard anything back from them so I got the CCJ number and date of judgement from Trust Online and contacted Northampton Court for information about who the original client was that Bryan Carter was representing . . . . but the CCJ is in the name of Bryan Carter and they have no other information. . . .so who is 'the client' that Frederickson claim they have returned the account to?
    Have I been ripped off?
    Have all the payments I made been taken and not counted against the CCJ?
    How do I find out who the debt belonged to before it belonged to Bryan Carter?
    If I can't find out who to pay can anyone enforce the CCJ for non-payment and send bailiffs round or something?????

I'm really stressed over this so if anyone can give me any advice I would really appreciate it. I am totally out of my depth.
    Tags: None

Re: Very confused newbie . . . .Bryan Carter/Frederickson International CCJ mess

uncle brian has a habit of splitting his claims, he goes for his costs first, then he will issue another claim for the balance. it is totally unlawful but he is a solicitor for rent

give uncle brian a call and ask what is going on and who the client is
    as he is registered as the claimant, not the cliant
    0845 313 3123

if they give the run a round i will do it official
    Last edited by miliitant; 20th June 2012, 14:43:PM.

Comment

Re: Very confused newbie . . . .Bryan Carter/Frederickson International CCJ mess

I'll write to them then - I don't want to do it over the phone.

So the CCJ I had in 2009 could be part of this £5,000 debt that the account number relates to????

That can't be possible.
      And if it's illegal to split claims then how can they be allowed to do it??
      Sorry if that sounds really naive.

Comment

uncle brian is well known to a few of us more enlightened posters yet despite all the complaints to the solicitors regulatory authority, he still does it classing it as an oversight

send uncle brian a letter by recorded delivery

demand what this debt relates to
        who was the original creditor, total claimed etc
        claim number etc

you will prob get crap back but we can then start talking on a redetermination hearing then

by the way

we do not say illegal, thats criminal law, this is civil so its unlawful

if we find out he has split his claim then you can kiss the £5000 good riddence as i will get the ccj set aside with any luck as their can be only one cause of action (claim) issued

like i said, he does it so he gets his costs first and relies on peoples ignorance to get a ccj by default (rubber stamp)

splitting claims is an abuse of process for which carter is notorious for and an offence under section 35 of the county courts act to bring more than one claim for the same cause of action
        Last edited by miliitant; 20th June 2012, 15:01:PM.

Comment

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

have a nose at this link to see if you have and how many ccj

i believe it costs £4

Comment

Thanks for the link.

It cost £10 to do the search but it shows that I have 2 CCJs - both of which I knew about. Only 1 is Bryan Carter.

Comment

ask uncle bryan questions as to post 4 and update the response

Comment

I sent the letter Recorded Delivery yesterday so will let you know what he says.

Having done some reading on here, have a couple of questions -
                1) if Bryan Carter has split the debt and only claimed a bit on the CCJ he has against me, I suppose it means that by paying every month I have acknowledged the whole debt? (which I can't remember owing in the first place)

2) if the original account (as alleged by Frederickson International and shown on their FredPay site under the account number written on the back of my returned postal order) was taken over by them in September 2009 (the CCJ was done in December 2008. . . before they 'owned' this debt) and they returned the account to Arrow Global in June 2010 - who have I been paying all this time???

I am totally confused! BUT a HUGE thank you for trying to help me out with this mess.

Comment

as stated

uncle bryan puts in a ccj for is costs first, then goes after the actual debt later

this is all ammo to get the 5k debt written off as an abuse of process but we need all the details first, claim numbers etc to attack

the ball on this is in your court and uncle bryan is in for a nasty surprise when he gets the N1 application to set aside the ccj through his own greed and incompetence

Comment

Ok thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Hi all

Got home yesterday to find that I had received a letter from Bryan Carter . . . .I'm assuming that this was in reply to my message via FredPay asking for information about the CCJ, rather than from my letter posted 20/06.

It says

Our Client: Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd
                      Your Client: (ny name)
                      Account No (which I do not recognise - just a long row of digits)
                      Our Ref (the number they put on the back of the returned Postal Order)

Dear xxx

We refer to your recent communication.

Please note that we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to the client.

Your sincerely

Bryan Carter Solicitos LLP

He hasn't answered any of my questions nor given me any info about the CCJ or who to pay now.
                      In fact, looking at the FredPay statement, the debt was sent back to Arrow Global in June 2010 - so why have BC waited until now to say the account has been returned?
                      (Assuming this is the same account and BC has split the claim as has been suggested by you helpful folks).

Shall I wait and see if BC replies to my letter?
                      Should I contact Arrow Global?
                      What happens to the CCJ now - as it was (apparently) in BCs name?

It's all soooooo confusing.

I appreciate that these people are sharks and that they try to make things as complicated and 'misty' as possible in order to confuse and manipulate . . . . .

Thanks again

Comment

me thinks uncle bryan has been rumbled

give it a week to see if he responds

then we go for the throat

Comment

ok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X