• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notices - Thousands of 'Fines' Overturned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notices - Thousands of 'Fines' Overturned

The site advice for these is to ignore them. The link below shows just one of the difficulties faced by private parking companies seeking to enforce them:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...urn-fines.html
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notices - Thousands of 'Fines' Overturned

Ibbotson Judgment.pdf

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) The claim is struck out.

2) The order of District Judge Stephenson dated 3rd March 2012 is rescinded and the Claimant shall pay to the Defendant the s um of £42.50 w ithin 21 days of today.

3) The managing director for the Claimant named as Mr Simon Renshaw Smith is ordered to file at Court by 4.00pm on 29th June 2012, a statement containing an explanation as to the manifest discrepancy namely the bringing of an action in contract and the tort of trespass in the companies name with no lawful contractual assignment of authority to do so.

4) A copy of this order shall be served on the British Parking Association for information.

Dated 16 May 2012
    Looking forward to his explanation on June 29th

Comment

Yes, should be interesting to see him try and explain this one away.

Another of these companies, CPS Ltd, is becoming well known for trying to get onto forums like this one. When something is posted up about the fine, they will pm the member to tell them they are best paying it and using scare tactics in the message backed by dubious law.
      I reiterate that the advice of this site is to totally ignore everything that comes from Parking Charge Notices.

Penalty Charge Notices and Fixed Penalty Notices should always be paid promptly to get the 50% discount.

Comment

This is the third court case that has nailed yet another nail into the coffin of the private parking industry in the UK. When is the private parking industry going to learn?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Yes, should be interesting to see him try and explain this one away.

Another of these companies, CPS Ltd, is becoming well known for trying to get onto forums like this one. When something is posted up about the fine, they will pm the member to tell them they are best paying it and using scare tactics in the message backed by dubious law.
          I reiterate that the advice of this site is to totally ignore everything that comes from Parking Charge Notices.

Penalty Charge Notices and Fixed Penalty Notices should always be paid promptly to get the 50% discount.
          May I add if you are new and get a message like Labman has highlighted, please forward it to an admin, Celestine, CurlyBen, Amethyst, Sapphire any of them, or to Labman, me Bluebottle etc and we can forward them for you, that way we can rout them out and have them dealt with.. permanantly

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            This is the third court case that has nailed yet another nail into the coffin of the private parking industry in the UK. When is the private parking industry going to learn?
            What were the other two? I have a bee in my bonnet about this at present to do with a local shopping area (I got a ticket, cheeky buggers!) so references to other cases would be extremely useful. Could you post up details or links please?

Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X